Moode Forum
moOde 5 Beta 1 - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: moOde 5 Beta 1 (/showthread.php?tid=1183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - Tim Curtis - 03-08-2019

Here's an update on bug fixes etc :-) Let me know if I've missed anything.

@JST1963

05. When you exit the MPD congig screen, you should stay in the "Audio" config screen.
- The Cancel button returns to Audio config

07. Folder view: scroll bar covers ABC-selection possibilities
- Fixed

08. Folder view: to get the menu, you need to click on the symbol in front of the song-info. Clicking on the song should also show the menu. Clicking anywhere on the screen also pops up the menu but that is annoying because you sometimes don't even see for which song the menu is called...
- I'm able to repro clicking off-item causes menu but not able to repro no menu when clicking on the song

10. Library view: something's wrong with the ABC selection bars... For instance in the "Genre" section, I have an "A" but there is no genre starting with "A". This is also the case for "Artists". The inverse is also true: I'm missing letters for Artists I do have. As an example, I have Dire Straits, but the "D" is missing in the list of the alphabet...
- Per @swizzle: The quick index is a-z rather than based on the contents of the list, where it’s not possible to reasonably fit the full a-z range characters are omitted.

11. Auto-Shuffle Filter: would love to have a dropdownbox with all options
- On TODO list for future release

12. When Volume Control is set at "Disabled", moving th ecursor over the "0dB" still shows you the "Mute toggle" text. Either you show this text, and then clicking on it also works (my pref) or you don't show the text at all...
- Fixed

13. In play mode: when clicking on the "next" button withing 3-4-5 seconds of the start of the song, restarts the same song again. clicking again moves to the next song. Correct way would be: click on the next button, proceed to the next song directly.
- I'm not able to repro this

15. Meta tags under cover art: "?" shown when playing MP3's: for instance: "Track 12 • Year 2014 • ?/44.1 MPEG Audio". CD quality Flacs are OK: "Track 4 • Year 1992 • 16/44.1 FLAC"
- Technically lossy audio has no bit depth but I've changed the code so that only the sample rate is displayed for lossy formats

18: When playing a radio station, clicking on the time should not display the overlapping 00:00 over "Radio" (cool idea, the radio text)
- Fixed

21: In the playback history, I would prefer a button to play the song again instead of the google button
 - Maybe if more requests for this come in it can be added to the TODO list. It's a non-trivial amount of work to implement...

@TookaFace

Audio info window show the wrong audio device in my case.
I have a HiFiBerry DAC+ RTC. No problem with moOde 4.4.
- This can happen if MPD config not saved after rebooting however I've improved the code so that MPD config save is not needed after i2s device change and reboot

@DRONE7
- Firefox issue fixed.

Regards,
moOde Crew

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - JST1963 - 03-08-2019

Tim, looks good. Is there already a new RC I can download?

Hi Johan,

It will just be zip download containing the updated files and a simple install procedure :-)

(03-08-2019, 08:13 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Here's an update on bug fixes etc :-) Let me know if I've missed anything.

@JST1963

08. Folder view: to get the menu, you need to click on the symbol in front of the song-info. Clicking on the song should also show the menu. Clicking anywhere on the screen also pops up the menu but that is annoying because you sometimes don't even see for which song the menu is called...
- I'm able to repro clicking off-item causes menu but not able to repro no menu when clicking on the song

Tim,

I just found out you do have the menu clicking on the song, but only on the HDMI output, not on a web-UI Dodgy

Johan

Maybe @swizzle can have a look at this one. There is a bit of hackiness in the html/css to enable the whole song item to be clickable. Its old code and I remember saying to myself that this is going to need an overhaul.

Hi,

Here's the first patch for r50c-116 :-) It contains all the fixes and improvements mentioned earlier in the thread.

Code:
cd /home/pi
wget http://moodeaudio.org/test/moode-r50c-116-patch1.zip
unzip -q moode-r50c-116-patch1.zip
sudo cp -r ./www/* /var/www
rm moode-r50c-116-patch1.zip
rm -rf ./www
sudo reboot

Remember to refresh Browser after rebooting.

-Tim

(03-08-2019, 01:22 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Missing some info in the library view:

Incomplete info (hidden by the playbar below)

Hmmm… don't have this problem on a Full HDMI (1920x1080) screen.
But I do have it on a 2560x1440 screen.

@Tim Curtis : Patch works wonderful and solves most of the probs.

I marked most of the individual postings with an update Smile

THANK YOU!!!

No prob :-)

Can u summarize the remaining issues?

Also feel free to bump to latest 4.19.y kernel
Code:
# kernel ver 4.19.27
echo "y" | sudo PRUNE_MODULES=1 rpi-update 29952e8f88f7e0ecd4ad129c3d5b3c959bc5bdda

# cleanup
sudo rm -rf /lib/modules.bak
sudo rm -rf /boot.bak
sudo apt-get clean

sudo reboot

-Tim

(03-08-2019, 09:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: No prob :-)

Can u summarize the remaining issues?

-Tim

Nothing much remains:

08. Folder view: to get the menu, you need to click on the symbol in front of the song-info. Clicking on the song should also show the menu.  Clicking anywhere on the screen also pops up the menu and that is annoying because you sometimes don't even see for which song the menu is called… See here

16: Would love to see "Last track" renamed into "Last played track" See here

17: Equalizers (both of them): would have loved longer vertical bars in stead of short horizontal bars

All others are solved with the patch or you & Swizzle gave an acceptable explanation.
Also, the biggest problem (see discussion with Kent) is solved. When I now click the next button, I do get the next song...pfff...

Thx again,
Johan