Moode Forum
moOde 5 Beta 1 - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: moOde 5 Beta 1 (/showthread.php?tid=1183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - Tim Curtis - 03-09-2019

(03-08-2019, 11:04 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 10:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What client and Browser is showing the corrupted sliders?

The Parametric EQ uses a dB scale for gain but the Graphic EQ uses the weird Alsamixer scale which is neither linear nor dB.

Darned, I was using Edge.
Chrome looks OK (I can bang my head against the wall…)

But still, I don't get it... how does this work: (parametric EQ)
Do I set a certain gain (I have 4 options) and then I use the sliders for setting the frequency?

I would have thought  to set a certain frequency (like the 20Hz, the 180Hz, the 2kHz and the 11.7kHz) and then graphically set a gain, going from -24 to +24 db...

This link has pretty good explanation of the difference between Graphic and Parametric EQ.
https://www.lifewire.com/graphic-vs-parametric-equalizer-3134842

-Tim

(03-08-2019, 09:02 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Here's the first patch for r50c-116 :-) It contains all the fixes and improvements mentioned earlier in the thread.

Code:
cd /home/pi
wget http://moodeaudio.org/test/moode-r50c-116-patch1.zip
unzip -q moode-r50c-116-patch1.zip
sudo cp -r ./www/* /var/www
rm moode-r50c-116-patch1.zip
rm -rf ./www
sudo reboot

Remember to refresh Browser after rebooting.

-Tim

Bump

(03-08-2019, 11:24 PM)metamodern Wrote: No complaints here Tim. Just wanted to offer my early impressions.

1. WOW thank god I can now group compilation albums by album name instead of artist. So much cleaner.
  2. Loving the new EQ config, very user friendly
  3. Getting used to the new way of accessing the playback, and music browsing. Also thanks for the alphabetical thing on the right hand side. Very handy.
  4. One niggling thing is when I click on the "edit mpd settings" it doesn't bring me to another screen, rather it just refreshes the audio config page. This happens in Firefox on Linux Mint.
So far so good man! Enjoying the beta.

Did you apply r50c-116-patch1?

It has some fixes that provide better support for Firefox.

(03-08-2019, 11:46 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: Tim and Swizzle...big thanks for the Firefox Fix !!

All works for mpd config and expand filesystem now.... Smile

I see that audio devices now include...
"- NEW: HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC"

Any plans for exposing the ADC as an input to mpd ? :-) !!??:-)
Use case....CD player, LP Player (via riaa preamp) etc thus making MooDe a full digital preamp.

I would need Hifiberry help or if they have a tech manual for the board that explains how to control it's input switching then I might be able to use that.

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - DRONE7 - 03-09-2019

(03-09-2019, 01:30 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 11:46 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: Tim and Swizzle...big thanks for the Firefox Fix !!

Use case....CD player, LP Player (via riaa preamp) etc thus making MooDe a full digital preamp.

I would need Hifiberry help or if they have a tech manual for the board that explains how to control it's input switching then I might be able to use that.
Charlie over at DIYAudio is about to test one so I'm following his thread there...
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/298588-hq-stereo-analog-audio-input-raspberry-pi-options-post5711260.html

Seems alsamixer will list it as a capture device.

(03-09-2019, 02:00 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 01:30 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Charlie over at DIYAudio is about to test one so I'm following his thread there...
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/298588-hq-stereo-analog-audio-input-raspberry-pi-options-post5711260.html

Seems alsamixer will list it as a capture device.

Then it's probably simple amixer sset commands to control the capture input. I'll contact the rep and see if they can send me a board.

If you end up getting one then do the following to enable it to show up in moOde I2S list. The 4.19.y kernel has the drivers for the board.

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_audiodev set list='yes' where name='HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC'"

# kernel ver 4.19.27
echo "y" | sudo PRUNE_MODULES=1 rpi-update 29952e8f88f7e0ecd4ad129c3d5b3c959bc5bdda

# cleanup
sudo rm -rf /lib/modules.bak
sudo rm -rf /boot.bak
sudo apt-get clean

sudo reboot

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - metamodern - 03-09-2019

(03-09-2019, 01:28 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 11:24 PM)metamodern Wrote: No complaints here Tim. Just wanted to offer my early impressions.

1. WOW thank god I can now group compilation albums by album name instead of artist. So much cleaner.
  2. Loving the new EQ config, very user friendly
  3. Getting used to the new way of accessing the playback, and music browsing. Also thanks for the alphabetical thing on the right hand side. Very handy.
  4. One niggling thing is when I click on the "edit mpd settings" it doesn't bring me to another screen, rather it just refreshes the audio config page. This happens in Firefox on Linux Mint.
So far so good man! Enjoying the beta.

Did you apply r50c-116-patch1?

It has some fixes that provide better support for Firefox.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow Tim. My girl and I are currently enjoying some tunes and drinks. Great work so far. Much more intuitive to use than 4.4.

Something else that i failed to mention. 4.4 and the 5rc release both share an issue where it can discover the share on my computer via my computer name Ex: ComputerName\Music. However it only works if I put in the IP address of my PC Ex: 192.168.1.x\Music.

Super weird that it can detect my SMB share via the scan tool, but will not be able to connect to the share unless i put in the computers IP address. Primary DNS is my home router, and secondary DNS is my ISP's recommended DNS.

Static IP address? If so then leave secondary DNS blank or set to same as primary DNS.

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - DRONE7 - 03-09-2019

[attachment=541]
Wow.! every release gets better and better.... great response to beta suggestions and the Firefox fix .... Donation sent ... Smile

And this beta is so stable, quick, humongously friendly... loving it !

RE: moOde 5 Beta Program - frenchy - 03-09-2019

Hi
Working great on my old Pi 2B with a network cable and I'm enjoying the new Gui
Want to try it on a Zero W
Can I use that old trick of dumping ssh and wpa_supplicant.conf files into the root of the SD card once I've burnt the image?
Thanks!