Moode Forum
[How to do instruction] 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FAQ and Guides (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [How to do instruction] 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi (/showthread.php?tid=155)

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - adrii - 01-03-2021

Hi jetnavx

Thanks for the feedback on this display, and it is a good price for a 2.42" display (cheaper than the ones that turned up in the ebay search I posted).

Adrian.

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - Alaini93 - 01-03-2021

(01-03-2021, 01:21 PM)jetnavx Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 07:08 PM)Alaini93 Wrote: ok thanks,
Here is what I get trying to pause a song playing. PC UI is locked cannot access it from phone. Every second, the spectrum moves and stops, same for text scrolling. And it looks like if I don't kill it it will stay that way.

I have the same problem, and the reason for this is because unitentionally I skip reboot. After clean reinstall problem with unresponsive browser disapired.

Hi jetnavx, it's a different problem, in fact nothing to do with the spectrum, TheOldPresbyope said he will look into it.

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - adrii - 01-14-2021

I have just pushed an update that required changing the logic used to obtain the values that will be displayed on Moode. Please be on the lookout for errors when displaying any kind of value and when using any kind of source or renderer.

Adrian.

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - Alaini93 - 01-14-2021

Hi Adrian,
 does it mean we need to re-install?
And I just saw the Pause setting what are the options?

Alain

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - adrii - 01-14-2021

Hi Alain

The update uses the Moode radio station name for display (some radio stations previously had no display name). For the pause option, 'mpd_oled -P s' will use the stop screen (big clock) for the pause screen. There is no need to update if you don't need these features.

Adrian.

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - Alaini93 - 01-14-2021

you mean, add -P in this string?
Code:
-o 6 -b 10 -g 1 -f 20 -P

Hi Alain

-P takes an argument, so to use the stop screen as the pause screen

Code:
-o 6 -b 10 -g 1 -f 20 -P s

Adrian.

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - Alaini93 - 01-17-2021

Hi Adrian,
 the Big Clock is working great with pause, now could we have it while playing Spotify, since the spectrum is down?

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - adrii - 01-17-2021

Hi Alain

The player is playing when using Spotify. If Moode is configured to provide a copy of the ALSA stream for mpd_oled then the spectrum will show.

Adrian.

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - DRONE7 - 01-25-2021

@lifewater    what oled display are you using ? (do you have a link to the item?)
What Moode version and kernel ?

(note that the very first line of the instructions is...
These instructions are compatible with Moode 7 and 6 (and Moode 5 later versions) using a 32-bit kernel architecture)