Moode Forum
[How to do instruction] 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FAQ and Guides (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [How to do instruction] 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi (/showthread.php?tid=155)

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - adrii - 09-15-2018

Hi Bob

Shame about your displays not turning up.

From your photo, alternate lines appear to be missing on the top half of the screen. I looked into the problem and managed to find someone with exactly the same issue, and in that case it was caused by damage to the display

https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=34422

Perhaps you could try running some other software on the display, and if the problem persists then it is likely a hardware issue.

Adrian.

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - adrii - 09-15-2018

Hi Bob

I have just noticed that your display has a crack in the bottom left corner, exactly the same as the display in the thread I linked to, where this was identified as causing the issue.

Adrian.

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - DRONE7 - 09-15-2018

Well spotted ! Luckily I had bought 2 of these so found and installed the other and..... ta daa... it works and displays all as it should.
Thanks for that detective work Adrian....i wouldn't have known where to start looking..

I guess I will order some replacement displays....1.3's would be ok but that 2.42 is tempting..... still, now the .96 is working properly I might just live with it..... I'll see what the other members of the tribe think...;-) (especially number 1 Wifelet...)

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - remy1961 - 09-15-2018

Hi adrian, 
On this 2.42 inches oled, I find the font used to display the time too big. Is it possible to make it a bit smaller?
Remy
[Image: attachment.php?aid=211]

Hi Remy

There isn't any setting to change the clock size. However, I am currently looking at making the screen layout configurable, and this will make it possible to change the clock size by editing a configuration file.

Adrian.

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - DRONE7 - 09-17-2018

Left field question.... can one run two displays at once using different hardware..?

I have a gorgeous 16x2 vfd that runs as standard HD44780 LCD on one pi.
On another pi I have Adrian's superb Oled display.

Could I run both on the same pi ? The vfd from gpio as per a std 16x2 lcd and the oled as i2c...each using different scripts.

Any guesses or should I just try it for maximum breakage....? Smile

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - remy1961 - 09-18-2018

Hi DRONE7,
I had the same idea. I love these small displays. Instead of replacing my 16x2 oled with my new 128x64 2.42 inches oled, why not use both? But since it will require major modifications on the player, i have to be certain it will work. I will do some tests during the week end.
Remy

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - remy1961 - 09-22-2018

(09-17-2018, 09:23 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Left field question.... can one run two displays at once using different hardware..?

I have a gorgeous 16x2 vfd that runs as standard HD44780 LCD on one pi.
On another pi I have Adrian's superb Oled display.

Could I run both on the same pi ? The vfd from gpio as per a std 16x2 lcd and the oled as i2c...each using different scripts.

Any guesses or should I just try it for maximum breakage....?  Smile

Hi,
I tried 2 displays at the same time, using the pydPiper script for the 16x2 display and the @adrii script for the 128x64 display and it works without a problem. I decided to just add a second display to my player instead of replacing the old one. May be in the future I will have to replace the red oled display with a white one. A red and a white display on the same player does not look right.
I will try again with the raspdac script for the 16x2 and pydPiper for the 128x64.

[Image: 55r0a1.jpg]

[Image: dmrzpy.jpg]
Remy

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - DRONE7 - 09-23-2018

Excellent !
Bodging Master status... That Yammy is transformed...Smile

I've been otherwise occupied......(major family event).... but plan to try lcd and oled this week.

Thanks for sharing !

Cheers...Bob

How are you enabling the VU meters ?

RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - remy1961 - 09-23-2018

(09-23-2018, 06:39 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: How are you enabling the VU meters ?

Hi Bob, the analog vu meters work thank to this board. It gets input from the DAC.
Remy