Moode Forum
Allo USBridge Signature - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Audiophile (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Audio gear (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Allo USBridge Signature (/showthread.php?tid=1704)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - franz159 - 12-28-2019

Actually, following this discussion, the same forumer made some additional test today, and the latest news he shared has been "it is ok up to 256"... talking of DSD, testing with Moode 6.4

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - cryptout - 01-05-2020

I you don't want the blinking ACT light on your USBridge you can switch it of like so:

Add the following lines to your Pi's 

Code:
/boot/config.txt

Code:
# Disable the ACT LED on the Pi Zero.
dtparam=act_led_trigger=none
dtparam=act_led_activelow=on

Then reboot and only the Power led is now active. I did not find a way to disable that one. 

More info here:
https://www.jeffgeerling.com/blogs/jeff-geerling/controlling-pwr-act-leds-raspberry-pi

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - suzywong - 01-11-2020

Nice tip that. Thanks.

I’ve done mine.Does it make a difference to SQ? Not that I can hear, but I’m always happy to “shut down” stuff that I don’t need/use.

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - suzywong - 01-12-2020

(01-05-2020, 10:24 AM)cryptout Wrote: I you don't want the blinking ACT light on your USBridge you can switch it of like so:

<snip.

Then reboot and only the Power led is now active. I did not find a way to disable that one. 

I found this on on the RPi forums. Added to config.txt as per your original post.

Claimed to work on both RPi3 & RPi4. Did you try it on the USBSig?

Code:
# Disable Ethernet LEDs
dtparam=eth_led0=14
dtparam=eth_led1=14

# Disable the PWR LED
dtparam=pwr_led_trigger=none
dtparam=pwr_led_activelow=off

# Disable the Activity LED
dtparam=act_led_activelow=off

Will give it a go later

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - jonners - 01-12-2020

I tried this on the USBSig but the power led remains on. Sad

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - cryptout - 01-13-2020

(01-12-2020, 10:28 AM)suzywong Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 10:24 AM)cryptout Wrote: I you don't want the blinking ACT light on your USBridge you can switch it of like so:

<snip.

I found this on on the RPi forums. Added to config.txt as per your original post.

Claimed to work on both RPi3 & RPi4. Did you try it on the USBSig?

Code:
# Disable Ethernet LEDs
dtparam=eth_led0=14
dtparam=eth_led1=14

# Disable the PWR LED
dtparam=pwr_led_trigger=none
dtparam=pwr_led_activelow=off

# Disable the Activity LED
dtparam=act_led_activelow=off

Will give it a go later

As @jonners  said it doesn’t  work. The USBridge uses a [Pi-CM3+ Lite 1GB v1.0] compute module which is slightly different from the normal 3+ or 4 Pi. 

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/com...-3plus-8gb

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - suzywong - 01-13-2020

OK, I won’t bother trying that one Smile. I did wonder whether that might be the case with the CM3. On balance though, I can live with PWR LEDs being on all the time. I’ll try the ACT LED & Ethernet fixes on my two RPi3B+ streamers though.

Might be a nice little option for MoOde system setup though.

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - Tim Curtis - 02-05-2020

A nice update for the Allo enhanced ASIX USB/Ethernet driver has been released to address compatibility issues with some network switches. The v2.0.0 driver is available for Linux kernel 4.19.97-v7+ and higher.

Upcoming moOde 6.4.2 will include this driver update :-)

[attachment=990]

-Tim

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - Tim Curtis - 02-13-2020

The activity LED on the SIG can be manipulated by running the command below. To have the setting persist across reboots add it to /etc/rc.local before the exit 0 statement.

Code:
echo none | sudo tee /sys/class/leds/led0/trigger

Here are the possible values for trigger. The current value will be in [ ] brackets.

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ cat /sys/class/leds/led0/trigger
none rc-feedback kbd-scrolllock kbd-numlock kbd-capslock kbd-kanalock kbd-shiftlock kbd-altgrlock kbd-ctrllock kbd-altlock kbd-shiftllock kbd-shiftrlock kbd-ctrlllock kbd-ctrlrlock timer oneshot heartbeat backlight gpio cpu cpu0 cpu1 cpu2 cpu3 default-on input panic [mmc0] rfkill-any rfkill-none rfkill0

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - Manni - 02-20-2020

Clicks with USBridge Signature and Chord Mojo ???

I´m not sure if I understood it correctly, is there still the problem with the kernel or has it been solved in the mean time??
I just bought the Allo USBridge sign. and running Max2play with squezzebox and Tidal as a first try and getting the clicks!!!
Wondering if I swap to moOde if I get rid of the clicks and better sound quality.
Can somebody help and advice?
Thx...Manni