Moode Forum
How to use Spotify - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FAQ and Guides (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: How to use Spotify (/showthread.php?tid=2110)

How to use Spotify - thoughtfission - 01-23-2020

Hi,

I have just installed Moode on a pi zero wh, with a hifiberry amp2. Everything seems to be working and I am very impressed with the software. I wanted to get two things out of this setup, namely, Internet radio (working) and Spotify played from the pi (not working). How do I set up Spotify, with my premium account details, to run on the pi?

I've had a look through the forum and on google and all I can seem to find is setting up Spotify connect. I don't think this is what I am looking for. I want Spotify to run locally on the pi, using my premium account, like Pi Musicbox does.

Can somebody help? Huh

Thanks,

G

RE: How to use Spotify - vinnn - 01-23-2020

Enable the Spotify renderer in [Configuration] > [Audio]. Then connect to the "Moode Spotify" device in the Spotify app to play Spotify on your Pi.
The Spotify client apps are the best way to access Spotify, dare I say the app interface is the best thing about Spotify. Why wouldn't you want to use it?

RE: How to use Spotify - thoughtfission - 01-25-2020

(01-23-2020, 06:41 PM)vinnn Wrote: Enable the Spotify renderer in [Configuration] > [Audio]. Then connect to the "Moode Spotify" device in the Spotify app to play Spotify on your Pi.
The Spotify client apps are the best way to access Spotify, dare I say the app interface is the best thing about Spotify. Why wouldn't you want to use it?

Hi Vinnn, 

Thank you very much for your reply.  Not that I don't want to use it, rather, I just don't understand how to use it. I want to be able to start Spotify on my pi the walk away from it without anything running on my phone/laptop. I'll try what you suggest and see if that works Smile

RE: How to use Spotify - vinnn - 01-25-2020

(01-25-2020, 10:04 AM)thoughtfission Wrote: I want to be able to start Spotify on my pi the walk away from it without anything running on my phone/laptop.

Yes that's how Spotify Connect works.
The Spotify app hands over the queue and streaming duties to the connected player then basically becomes a remote control. You can power off whatever's running the Spotify app and the player will keep playing the assigned queue.

RE: How to use Spotify - Danch - 01-31-2020

@vinnn if there are multiple spotify accounts in the house, will all of them be able to connect to MoodeAudio to stream their music (not at the same time of course), or only the one that have been configured in MA will work ?

RE: How to use Spotify - vinnn - 02-01-2020

(01-31-2020, 09:19 PM)Danch Wrote: @vinnn if there are multiple spotify accounts in the house, will all of them be able to connect to MoodeAudio to stream their music (not at the same time of course), or only the one that have been configured in MA will work ?

Yes its a Spotify Connect target, there's no account configuration associated with it.
Any of your Spotify accounts shoild be able to.connect to it so long as they're Premium accounts.

RE: How to use Spotify - Danch - 02-02-2020

(02-01-2020, 07:14 AM)vinnn Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 09:19 PM)Danch Wrote: @vinnn if there are multiple spotify accounts in the house, will all of them be able to connect to MoodeAudio to stream their music (not at the same time of course), or only the one that have been configured in MA will work ?

Yes its a Spotify Connect target, there's no account configuration associated with it.
Any of your Spotify accounts shoild be able to.connect to it so long as they're Premium accounts.

Thanks a lot !
Very useful for me!