Moode Forum
Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release (/showthread.php?tid=2504)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release - Tim Curtis - 05-09-2020

Hi,

The crew is starting to work on moOde 6.6.0 which will be a feature release :-) This means there will be some nice new features that make "enjoying the music" easier and with some new Audiophile options.

We are building on the recently released 6.5.y series and so an in-place upgrade to 6.6.0 will be part of the release. Below are some screenies of a recently completed feature that provides adjustable thumb columns plus some remodeled renderer overlays.

I'll post in this thread as features are completed.

[attachment=1290] [attachment=1291] [attachment=1292] [attachment=1293] [attachment=1294]

-Tim

RE: Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release - bitlab - 05-10-2020

Great to have a little more flexiblity for the number of albums on screen!

I see that pcs and tablets are being treated as one and mobile as an other ? For example can you a 27" monitor to 10.5" tablet  will have the same number of thumbs ?
Tablets have typical a higher dpi than pcs and the device pixel ratio is larger than 1. 
Currently I make a distinction between those two in my custom media types for moOde:

Also tablets and mobile typical havetwo modes landscape and portrait, how is that covered ? For example you can not always say 6x2 is the same 2x6 due the text below the thumb.
In almost all cases the width is leading for the number of thumbs. Personally I don't mind that not the entire row is visible as there at least 2 full rows.

As an example hereby the custom moode css configuration I currently use (and my eyes aren't the youngest anymore ;-) :

Code:
                                                               moOde config
                                                             number of thumbs  
                 dia     jsres*      dpr   dpi  native res  landscape  portrait
Samsung S9    |  5.8"   740x320      3.0   288  2960×1440     6x2       2x6
Samsung Tab A | 10.5"   1280x720     1.5   144  1920x1200     7x3       5x5.8
PC Monitor    |   24"   1920x1200    1.0    96  1920x1200     9x3.8      na

And I'm curious what kind of rules do you use to make distinction between monitor, tablet and mobile ?
(the commit had only the *.min.js files, so finding it back is little bit hard)

Thanks
Marcel

RE: Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release - Tim Curtis - 05-10-2020

Hi Marcel,

Yes it will be same number if thumbs regardless of screen size. This is controlled by two CSS vars created by @swizzle a while back.

Have a look at www/css/ in the repo.

panels.css
#51, #52 is where the vars are defined
--thumbcols:16vw;
--mthumbcols:45vw;
#195, #385, #386 is where --thumbcols is used in the rules

moode.css
#249, #250 is where --mthumbcols is used in the rules

The media queries that control what happens on mobile sized devices are all in moode.css

RE: Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release - bitlab - 05-11-2020

Hi Tim, @swizzle,

Thanks for answering
Sorry I was not clear enough, I meant the new part with configurable column selector.
How is decided it if it is a mobile or pc/tablet ? Below a certain dpi, below dpr, etc .

Thanks,
Marcel

RE: Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release - Tim Curtis - 05-11-2020

It's done by CSS media queries in moode.css. Below is an example from the file. The width and height values represent the viewport width and height.

Code:
/* smaller portrait for small screens */
@media (max-width:479px) and (orientation:portrait) {
    #albumcovers .lib-entry, .database-radio li {width:var(--mthumbcols);}
    #albumcovers .lib-entry img, .database-radio img {max-height:calc(var(--mthumbcols) * .9);}

The appearance option that sets the number of columns does the following in playerlib.js

Code:
        setLibraryThumbnailCols($('#thumbnail-columns span').text().substring(0,1));

function setLibraryThumbnailCols(cols) {
    var map = {6:'16vw,45vw', 7:'14vw,30vw', 8:'12vw,22vw'}
    var css = map[cols].split(',');
    document.body.style.setProperty('--thumbcols', css[0]);
    document.body.style.setProperty('--mthumbcols', css[1]);
}

RE: Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release - Tim Curtis - 05-14-2020

Here's another new feature we are working on that provides options for displaying the sample rate in various formats in Album view or simply indicating which albums are HD in both Tag and Album view. HD in this case is >16 bits or > 44.1K or DSD.

It also gives us the opportunity to sort the Library by sample rate or HD :-)

The options for Sample rate display: No, Text, Badge, HD only
[attachment=1325]

HD Only
[attachment=1326] [attachment=1327]

Text
[attachment=1328]

Badge
[attachment=1329]

This is based on and inspired by the work from @bitlab :-)

-Tim

RE: Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release - zazouboy - 05-14-2020

I love the HD option! 
It will be a great addition, and pretty useful to distinguish flac files from mp3 ones for example. 
Can't wait to install it Smile

RE: Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release - DRONE7 - 05-14-2020

That rate info feature looks keen ! Agree that the HD version really pops though all will be useful.

O/T... made me feel much better about my album view and missing covers too... Tongue

RE: Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release - Blixa - 05-15-2020

(05-14-2020, 07:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Here's another new feature we are working on that provides options for displaying the sample rate in various formats in Album view or simply indicating which albums are HD in both Tag and Album view. HD in this case is >16 bits or > 44.1K or DSD.

It also gives us the opportunity to sort the Library by sample rate or HD :-)

The options for Sample rate display: No, Text, Badge, HD only

HD Only

Text

Badge

This is based on and inspired by the work from @bitlab :-)

-Tim

Hesitation Marks..love it :-)
Low res that i see in album art page depends by tags?
Sorry for OT..

RE: Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release - BlackSmile - 05-15-2020

Hi There,
Seems nice new feature, Is it possible to add quality check or at least display it while playing for Radios stations too ?

For next releases of moode, it would be really nice to do some improvement/optimzation on the startup process. My RPi3 take a full minute to boot-up and display the 7"Pi display...
My advice is also to keep moode as light as possible and easy to use...

thank you