Moode Forum
[PROBLEM] Search field cannot be cleared. Browser freezers. - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Search field cannot be cleared. Browser freezers. (/showthread.php?tid=2841)

Search field cannot be cleared. Browser freezers. - hestehandler - 07-30-2020

After using the search field I cannot empty/delete/clear the field. Mouse-clicking on the circle+x icon does not clear the field, but it does put the browser (Safari) in a kind of frozen state where I can no longer interact with the page content. The Moode screen-saver does work after this, so it is not completely crashed. This happens consistently.

[attachment=1489]

RE: Search field cannot be cleared. Browser freezers. - vinnn - 07-30-2020

Looking at this and your other thread regarding browser issues it definitely seems there's an issue with your browser or the system running it. Can't see how this is anything that the moOde project can address for you.

RE: Search field cannot be cleared. Browser freezers. - hestehandler - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 05:37 PM)vinnn Wrote: Looking at this and your other thread regarding browser issues it definitely seems there's an issue with your browser or the system running it. Can't see how this is anything that the moOde project can address for you.

I’m sure you can’t be helped, but try this and tell me what you get:
1) Use the search filter to find an album
2) Show tracks
3) Now click to clear the search field

[attachment=1495]

RE: Search field cannot be cleared. Browser freezers. - hestehandler - 07-30-2020

So let’s have a look at how this works in Windows. What’s that? A long-running script is stalling the browser. That can only come from Moode, so that kinda narrows it down doesn’t it?
[attachment=1496]

RE: Search field cannot be cleared. Browser freezers. - TookaFace - 07-30-2020

There is a latence when u clear search box when tracks are showns, depending on ur library or ur system, its noticeable. I guess with big library or weak device, it could take a lot of time.

It happens when u show tracks, when tracks are hidden, its way faster

On my system, with only 150 albums, clear search box when tracks are showns take 1, 2 sec, when tracks are hidden, its instantaneous

(07-30-2020, 08:18 PM)TookaFace Wrote: There is a latence when u clear, depending on ur library or ur system, its noticeable. I guess with big library or weak device, it take time when u clear search box

In that case the function will need to be redesigned. It is not usable if the browsers time out waiting for the script to finish.

In the meantime, instead of clicking on clear search box, click on "24 albums found" location, it does the same thing, way faster.

RE: Search field cannot be cleared. Browser freezers. - vinnn - 07-30-2020

Seems to work alright for me in Firefox and Chromium, try clearing the tag cache in Configure > Library

I think i understand, when u clear search with tracks shown, the entiere library is shown, that's what cause the latency

When u click on "24 albums found" location its not the case.

RE: Search field cannot be cleared. Browser freezers. - Tim Curtis - 07-30-2020

I can add to the TODO list to investigate.