Moode Forum
[PROBLEM] Playlist stops - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Playlist stops (/showthread.php?tid=2844)

Playlist stops - wolfie - 07-30-2020

Hi New user here.

My set up is an Allo UsBridge Signature with a Marantz USB HDDAC1 and my library on a NAS.
If I create a playlist of  tracks with different bit rates, playback often stops at the end of a track with an ALSA error which disappears before I can read it properly .I need to double check if this is consistent or random.I use an old Ipad and the web browser to control this.

I have no programming experience and would struggle to interrogate the program but I have managed to get it all working.

Does anyone have any ideas - would the audio buffer setting help if I increase it?

Thanks

RE: Playlist stops - wolfie - 08-01-2020

I take it no one else who is using an external USB 2 Asynchonous DAC has any issues with a playlist of songs containing hi-res,vinyl rips and standard CD bitrates.

I can play several tracks from an album without issue but if i select tracks from different albums with differing bitrates then the music stops and I have to click play.This then plays the next track as expected.Not the end of the world if i'm sitting with the ipad next to me but a little annoying all the same.

I previously used a squeezebox touch via the optical interface without this issue.

Thanks and any suggestions appreciated.

RE: Playlist stops - DRONE7 - 08-01-2020

Try using sox resampling to 192/24 (which appears to be the Marantz DAC maximum sample rate)

M=>Configure=>Audio=>MPD config  EDIT=> and set the SOX Resampling to 24 Bit 192 kHz
This should prevent the DAC having to change sample rates for different files.

It is a hardware problem.. sox resampling is a software workaround.

RE: Playlist stops - wolfie - 08-01-2020

(08-01-2020, 07:37 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: Try using sox resampling to 192/24 (which appears to be the Marantz DAC maximum sample rate)

M=>Configure=>Audio=>MPD config  EDIT=> and set the SOX Resampling to 24 Bit 192 kHz
This should prevent the DAC having to change sample rates for different files.

It is a hardware problem.. sox resampling is a software workaround.

Hi Thanks

I'll give it a try,Yes 192/24 is the maximum rate for the optical input.
That makes sense to present the DAC with a constant sample rate.
Sorry should have been clear that i'm using the USB input not the optical with Moode and the Allo USBridge Signature
The reason i'm trying this over the Squeezebox Touch is the USB input also supports DSD files which the optical doesn't and for an improvement in sound.

Definitely worth trying though.
Is there a trade of in quality by resampling,i'm not familiar with SOX.?

RE: Playlist stops - wolfie - 08-02-2020

Thanks again DRONE7

DAC Supports : DSD (2-channel) 2.8/5.6 MHz 1 bit Linear PCM (2-channel) 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/ 176.4/192 kHz 16/24 bits 

Your suggestion works.
I've tried a few tracks with differing rates and it played without stopping.
SOX set to 24/192 and quality Medium.

It's strange that (Logitech Squeezebox) the LMS on the NAS playing to the Touch then the DAC didn't have this issue,the DAC would always detect the sample rate change (audible relay click) and play.

Here the only difference is the same library is a samba share (NAS) and the USB input.I probably don't understand all this correctly.

End of the day I've got music and lots of options.

Thanks

Sorry don't know how to change this to Solved.

RE: Playlist stops - Tim Curtis - 08-02-2020

(07-30-2020, 07:03 PM)wolfie Wrote: Hi New user here.

My set up is an Allo UsBridge Signature with a Marantz USB HDDAC1 and my library on a NAS.
If I create a playlist of  tracks with different bit rates, playback often stops at the end of a track with an ALSA error which disappears before I can read it properly .I need to double check if this is consistent or random.I use an old Ipad and the web browser to control this.

I have no programming experience and would struggle to interrogate the program but I have managed to get it all working.

Does anyone have any ideas - would the audio buffer setting help if I increase it?

Thanks

What version of moOde and was it obtained via downloading from moodeaudio.org?

The symptom "playback often stops at the end of a track with an ALSA error" suggests some sort of network issue.

Try to capture and post the error message. The next time it occurs do one of the two items below:

1. Tap or click on the error message popup and then tap or click the pause button.
2. Examine the MPD log
Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log

RE: Playlist stops - wolfie - 08-02-2020

(08-02-2020, 12:00 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 07:03 PM)wolfie Wrote: Hi New user here.

Thanks

What version of moOde and was it obtained via downloading from moodeaudio.org?

The symptom "playback often stops at the end of a track with an ALSA error" suggests some sort of network issue.

Try to capture and post the error message. The next time it occurs do one of the two items below:

1. Tap or click on the error message popup and then tap or click the pause button.
2. Examine the MPD log
Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log

Hi Tim

MoOde Version from here and just going to update to 6.7.1 from 6.7.0

Not aware of a network issue but accept there are many variables in the chain.

I will try to eliminate a few things when I have more time.
A good starting point will be a selection of files on a usb drive to eliminate the NAS based library.
Try and get squeezelite working again, i broke it somehow and stream same files from the NAS with LMS.
See if I can access MPD log.
Ignore DSD for now and see if issue is on all interfaces with PCM (flac) files.
Go back to Allo's 32 bit driver.

Thanks