Moode Forum
Can't get Moode to sort by Artist - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Can't get Moode to sort by Artist (/showthread.php?tid=2929)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Can't get Moode to sort by Artist - Tim Curtis - 06-11-2021

I can repro the issue and agree that when adding an artist or genre the albums/tracks should appear in the Queue in same order as they appear in the Library.

I'll add to the TODO list to investigate for post 7.3.0 release.

RE: Can't get Moode to sort by Artist - slmccaul - 06-11-2021

(06-11-2021, 02:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I can repro the issue and agree that when adding an artist or genre the albums/tracks should appear in the Queue in same order as they appear in the Library.

I'll add to the TODO list to investigate for post 7.3.0 release.

Thanks very much Tim and I will look forward to seeing it in a future release. Your responsiveness reaffirms my contribution and I will continue to support your efforts. The player is a phenomenal product already and appears to be getting even better.

RE: Can't get Moode to sort by Artist - slmccaul - 08-23-2021

Hi @Tim Curtis , I've had a chance to use the application more now and I feel that adding a "sort option" in the Playback section of the user Preferences would be a nice and convenient way of enhancing the interface to enable sorting of the Playback queue. You already have sort options in the Library section of the Preferences so by adding a sort option to the Playback section seems to make sense to me. That way, when I'm listening by genre or even if I select by artist, the queue would be sorted by whichever sort order we would prefer. Thanks again.

RE: Can't get Moode to sort by Artist - Tim Curtis - 08-23-2021

What are steps to repro what you are seeing?

RE: Can't get Moode to sort by Artist - slmccaul - 08-24-2021

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking me. I'm not a developer so I don't know what repro is or means. Please explain a bit more clearly, thanks.

RE: Can't get Moode to sort by Artist - Tim Curtis - 08-24-2021

Tracks added to the Queue should already be ordered according to the sort order in the Library so I'm trying to understand the issue you are describing that would require separate sort options specifically for the Queue.

Repro is short for reproduce so if you could list the steps that you are performing that would allow me to see the issue you are describing.

RE: Can't get Moode to sort by Artist - slmccaul - 08-24-2021

OK, I understand what you want from me now. I will describe my settings and what I end up with on the playback queue. I typically listen by selecting a genre depending on my frame of mind, notice I didn't say moode, lol.

Anyway, in my preferences for the Library section, I have the sort order for both Albumview and Tagview set to Artist/Year.
When I go to the Library view and browse my albums the sort order is correct for Artists and Albums by Artist/Year.
After selecting a particular genre, I select Clear/Play and return to the Playback view.
The listing of the queue is NOT sorted by the same criteria, Artist/Year as in the Library view, its sorted by album name which doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe my brain is wired differently than everyone else but I never think about an album name, I always think about the artist, then choose an album to play from there.
Seems like with an additional line to the preferences I mentioned above would take care of all that. One could select the sort order they prefer for the Playback screen quite nicely.

Was I clear enough about what I'm asking for?

Thanks for your support.

RE: Can't get Moode to sort by Artist - Tim Curtis - 08-24-2021

I can repro that. I seem to recall this coming up in the past. I'll have to do some investigation to see what might be the reason it was not addressed back then.

RE: Can't get Moode to sort by Artist - slmccaul - 08-25-2021

(08-24-2021, 10:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I can repro that. I seem to recall this coming up in the past. I'll have to do some investigation to see what might be the reason it was not addressed back then.

Thanks for the update Tim.

RE: Can't get Moode to sort by Artist - slmccaul - 04-02-2022

(08-24-2021, 10:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I can repro that. I seem to recall this coming up in the past. I'll have to do some investigation to see what might be the reason it was not addressed back then.

Hi Tim, I was hoping that this feature would have been added by now but I downloaded the latest version and it doesn't appear to be there. Can you tell me if there are plans to add sort options to the Playback view that the Tag view has? It would be really nice to either have sort options in the Playback view or just have sort options from the Tag view carry over to the Playback view. Any updates on progress here would be appreciated, thanks.