Moode Forum
Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP) - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP) (/showthread.php?tid=3278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP) - zOr7gA8 - 12-20-2020

to avoid spamming the main thread, please post your issues considering plugins like upmpdcli here.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP) - zOr7gA8 - 12-20-2020

is it easily possible to upgrade moode 7.0 to upmpdcli 1.5.5 to test functionality?

or to downgrade to older version, working well?

do I have to check the dependencies to libraries?

RE: Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP) - TheOldPresbyope - 12-20-2020

(12-20-2020, 07:59 PM)zOr7gA8 Wrote: is it easily possible to upgrade moode 7.0 to upmpdcli 1.5.5 to test functionality?

or to downgrade to older version, working well?

do I have to check the dependencies to libraries?

Yes and yes.

I was doing this routinely in prior years.

Have you spent any time on the upmpdcli website? there's build instructions and there's his version of a forum (just one thread) on which the question of Tidal covers has come up before.

There's also the upmpdcli section of the moOde build recipe (included in the ./other/build directory of the source code repo and zip file).

Regards,
Kent

RE: Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP) - Tim Curtis - 12-20-2020

Best to use the upmpdcli section in the moOde build recipe. Just substitute in your desired source zips.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/blob/develop/other/build/build_recipe_v2.26.txt

RE: Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP) - zOr7gA8 - 12-20-2020

thanks to both of you. will try. but maybe after xmas ;-) will give feedback.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP) - zOr7gA8 - 12-21-2020

Update for the issue of failure of cover transport via bubble_upnp:

I got an answer of bubble-support:

These issues should be largely fixed in upmpdcli 1.5.5.

so somebody, maybe me should test upmpdcli 1.5.5 with moode 7.0.

would be good if someone else has capacity to test this.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP) - zOr7gA8 - 12-22-2020

being curious about testing....I tried to build the test-moode....and I failed ;-)

I got an error at step "building core packages". afterwards booting doesnt work anymore.
will try after xmas.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP) - zOr7gA8 - 12-23-2020

It's a long way to work through the build recipe. Still didn't finish.

There are at least 2 packages to substitute:
libupnpp 0.20.1
upmpdcli 1.5.5

First took very long, but could be done succesfully in 2nd attempt.

But upmpdcli couldn't get done. Took ages and seems to get a timeout. But not sure.

Stay tuned, till next year...

RE: Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP) - TheOldPresbyope - 12-23-2020

(12-23-2020, 03:05 PM)zOr7gA8 Wrote: It's a long way to work through the build recipe. Still didn't finish.

There are at least 2 packages to substitute:
libupnpp 0.20.1
upmpdcli 1.5.5

First took very long, but could be done succesfully in 2nd attempt.

But upmpdcli couldn't get done. Took ages and seems to get a timeout. But not sure.

Stay tuned, till next year...

As you say, 'til next year. Smile

But I don't recall having such difficulties. 

Working from the command line on a working moOde player (preferably on an RPi4B but model 2s and 3s will work) I could make my way pretty quickly through just "COMPONENT 6 - Upmpdcli" of the build recipe (and then really only steps 2-5) with appropriate changes to use sources downloaded from J-F instead of using the sources in a subdirectory the moOde sources.

Are you doing something different?

Regards,
Kent

RE: Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP) - Tim Curtis - 12-23-2020

Right, there is no need to do the entire build recipe :-0 just component 6.