Moode Forum
Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread (/showthread.php?tid=3290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 01-02-2021

CUE sheets were never supported in Tag/Album views. There is only basic support for them in Folder view.

Your best bet would be to use a utility to split flac/cue into individual tracks. The other option would be if a dev that knew this format and how MPD handles it wanted to volunteer their time ti investigate.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Passanger - 01-02-2021

Hi

First, what a great update!

My system: pi4b 1gb v1.1, Allo digione signature, Moode 7.0.1 (fresh install)

Sox resampling:
- Selective resampling:Everything works fine with 44.1k source rate, but I can’t get sound from 96k source rate if I use mode 4 and 5, and target 192k. Mode 1 works fine. I tried with high/very high quality, and custom recipes. 
- Quality: For not custom recipes, I read “phase response 50 (Minimum phase)” isn’t it linear phase?

Library / Search: I can’t get any match with the filter [yyyy-yyyy]. If I search [yyyy] works fine.

Thanks!

1. What does Audio info show for the 96k issue?
2. Conflicting help text for SoX (I'll have to investigate)
Here is the help for Phase response in the Custom recipe

Code:
Range is 0 to 50 where 0 = minimum phase, 25 = intermediate phase and 50 = linear phase. Default is 50.

Here is the help for the canned recipes
Code:
Very high:
Precision 28, Phase response 50 (Minimum phase), Passband end 91%, Stopband begin 100%, Attenuation 0dB
High (Default):
Precision 20, Phase response 50 (Minimum phase), Passband end 91%, Stopband_begin 100%, Attenuation 0dB
Medium:
Precision 16, Phase response 50 (Minimum phase), Passband end 92%, Stopband begin 100%, Attenuation 0dB
Custom recipe
Set individual parameters

3. Failing year range YYYY-YYYY search is a bug.

It looks like the help for the canned filters is incorrect. Below if from SoX documentation.
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/bionic/man1/sox.1.html
Phase response (0 = minimum, 25 = intermediate, 50 = linear, 100 = maximum)

The year and other predefined filters are described in Quick help
Code:
Predefined filters
The following predefined filters are available: Encoded [bits/rate], Format [.ext], Folder [path], Hdonly, Lossless, Lossy and Year [yyyy] or [yyyy-yyyy].

Examples: encoded 24/96 | encoded 192 | hdonly | format .dsf | folder u2/achtung baby | lossy | year 1962 | year 1994-1998

Enter "year YYYY-YYYY" or "year YYYY" which will just search the date tag. If just YYYY is entered the "any" tag filter is used i.e. "any YYYY" which searched all the tags for YYYY.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Passanger - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 04:30 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: 1. What does Audio info show for the 96k issue?
2. Conflicting help text for SoX (I'll have to investigate)
Here is the help for Phase response in the Custom recipe

Code:
Range is 0 to 50 where 0 = minimum phase, 25 = intermediate phase and 50 = linear phase. Default is 50.

Here is the help for the canned recipes
Code:
Very high:
Precision 28, Phase response 50 (Minimum phase), Passband end 91%, Stopband begin 100%, Attenuation 0dB
High (Default):
Precision 20, Phase response 50 (Minimum phase), Passband end 91%, Stopband_begin 100%, Attenuation 0dB
Medium:
Precision 16, Phase response 50 (Minimum phase), Passband end 92%, Stopband begin 100%, Attenuation 0dB
Custom recipe
Set individual parameters

3. Failing year range YYYY-YYYY search is a bug.

1. 96k issue: I am trying to find a pattern for it, but still no luck. Just as an example:

The image with the resample quality “custom”: the song was on a list, and when Moode got to it, no sound. 
The image with resample quality “high”: changed to “high”, “play next” no sound, “clear/play” sound on. I repeated this with other files, but with different result...

3. Added “year” before [yyyy-yyyy] and it works. 

Thanks for your help Tim

I tested a 24/96 file and did not experience any issues with selective resampling.

Those screenies look ok to me. Does something not look right?

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - bitlab - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 01:59 PM)vmirmow Wrote: After updating to 7.0.1 from 6.7.1 on an Allo USBridge Signature and generating the library from the same folder of music shared from a NAS as before the update Moode now appears to be processing .cue files as folders and interpreting the contents of these files as additional tracks to be included in the library. They show up as 00:00 duration duplicates of the actual .flac tracks in the same album view in some cases and as separate albums as others. Is this intended behavior caused by improper .cue files or tags, or a new bug? Generating a library using 6.7.1 from the same share worked correctly, displaying only the actual audio tracks and not the phantom ones from the .cue files.

This behaviour is changed in MPD 0.22.x and the last few 0.21x versions.

To ignore the *.cue files add .mpdignore file  in the root of your music library and add a wildcard for the cure files to this file. See https://www.musicpd.org/doc/html/user.html for more information.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - vmirmow - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 09:14 PM)bitlab Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:59 PM)vmirmow Wrote: After updating to 7.0.1 from 6.7.1 on an Allo USBridge Signature and generating the library from the same folder of music shared from a NAS as before the update Moode now appears to be processing .cue files as folders and interpreting the contents of these files as additional tracks to be included in the library. They show up as 00:00 duration duplicates of the actual .flac tracks in the same album view in some cases and as separate albums as others. Is this intended behavior caused by improper .cue files or tags, or a new bug? Generating a library using 6.7.1 from the same share worked correctly, displaying only the actual audio tracks and not the phantom ones from the .cue files.

This behaviour is changed in MPD 0.22.x and the last few 0.21x versions.

To ignore the *.cue files add .mpdignore file  in the root of your music library and add a wildcard for the cure files to this file. See https://www.musicpd.org/doc/html/user.html for more information.

Thank you, that was a straightforward fix. Back to expected/desired functionality now.

The .mpdignore feature is on the TODO list as a Preferences setting to avoid having to do SSH. I assume that its most commonly used at the music root /var/lib/mpd/music as opposed to being set in individual subdirectories

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - lamode - 01-03-2021

First of all, thanks for all the hard work making this great software.

After using Moode 7.0.1 for a while now, I have noticed the following recurring issues which may be of interest:

I was going crazy trying to find a menu and then realized that it was disappearing. I took a scereenshot with and without the extra menu:

[Image: gCnQxnu.jpg]

[Image: PGb8asn.jpg]

I also noticed that in UPnP mode from Audirvana, when I played a DSD track I lost volume control (it defaulted to 100%). I can't be sure whether this is an Audirvana or Moode issue.

Finally, I am losing audio and completely losing contact with the Pi (SSH access is also lost). It eventually comes back. I am also noticing this frequent issue when SSHing in. I don't know whether it's related to the dropouts:

[Image: 2kktY1A.jpg]

I just rebuilt the system, this time using a USB boot drive. Will keep an eye on the ECDSA and dropout issues.