Moode Forum
Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread (/showthread.php?tid=3290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 01-03-2021

@lamode

So I count 4 issues:

- "missing" menu - I'll let Tim or others address this one.

- volume control defaulting to 100 percent when playing a DSD track through Audirvana to moOde. This is hard to assess. By its nature, DSD-encoded audio has to be passed to the DAC without any modification (including not any software volume control). You haven't said how you have configured volume control on any of the components you mention.

- loss of audio and of contact with moOde. I assume from other things you say that this occurs while using moOde as a UPnP renderer. I would not be surprised if this is a problem with your network and not your moOde player, but you don't mention how your moOde player is connected.

- an encryption key conflict in your SSH client on your MacBook. This is down to you and your use of SSH with various moOde installations and RPis. The brute-force solution is to delete the file /Users/abc/.ssh/known_hosts and let SSH rebuild it as you log into hosts anew. This also deletes keys you have stored for use with other systems so it may not be an acceptable solution to you. Alternatively, you could edit the known_hosts file to delete only the offending line 3.

For further discussion of issues 2 and 3, it would be helpful to include a copy of your system info output.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - vyenibahar - 01-03-2021

(12-23-2020, 08:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Post all bug reports and questions concerning moOde 7.0.1 in this thread. Please paste log output, scripts, etc in code boxes for readability.

-Tim

Hi! Quick question for a feature request (not sure if this is the right place to post though...): 

In the selective SOX up-sampling would it be possible to put a condition to apply SOX if source file IS NOT an MQA treated/encoded file, so that MQA files pass through unaltered and gets decoded properly in the DAC and all other "regular" files do get up-sampled?

Regards.

Viktor

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - the_bertrum - 01-04-2021

(01-02-2021, 11:05 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The .mpdignore feature is on the TODO list as a Preferences setting to avoid having to do SSH. I assume that its most commonly used at the music root /var/lib/mpd/music as opposed to being set in individual subdirectories

Setting it at the root would be sufficient I think Tim, since the file can include paths to the things to be ignored.

Code:
*.cue
path/to/useless_folder/*
Such a file would tell MPD to ignore everything it finds with a .cue extension, AND everything in "useless_folder".

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - lamode - 01-04-2021

(01-03-2021, 06:52 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @lamode

So I count 4 issues:

- volume control defaulting to 100 percent when playing a DSD track through Audirvana to moOde. This is hard to assess. By its nature, DSD-encoded audio has to be passed to the DAC without any modification (including not any software volume control). You haven't said how you have configured volume control on any of the components you mention.

- loss of audio and of contact with moOde. I assume from other things you say that this occurs while using moOde as a UPnP renderer. I would not be surprised if this is a problem with your network and not your moOde player, but you don't mention how your moOde player is connected.

- an encryption key conflict in your SSH client on your MacBook. This is down to you and your use of SSH with various moOde installations and RPis. The brute-force solution is to delete the file /Users/abc/.ssh/known_hosts and let SSH rebuild it as you log into hosts anew. This also deletes keys you have stored for use with other systems so it may not be an acceptable solution to you. Alternatively, you could edit the known_hosts file to delete only the offending line 3.

For further discussion of issues 2 and 3, it would be helpful to include a copy of your system info output.

Regards,
Kent

Sorry, I realize that there wasn't much detail provided.

Issue 2: I have "software volume" DE-selected on Audirvana. That's the only relevant control I can find on the Audirvana side.

Issue 3: I was using Moode 6.x for 6 months or so and found it to be very stable as a UPnP renderer. Since upgrading, I have had frequent disconnects in the middle of playback, inability to even SSH the Pi for some periods, and Audirvana freezes as well (same version of Audirvana which was stable with 6.x). The Mac and network haven't changed at all.

Issue 4: I'm not sure that I understood your reply as I have only one RPi and one instance of Moode. I did brute force it and haven't had an issue since (although it was fixed only 24 hours ago) but I thought it was worth mentioning in case it crops up with other users too.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - the_bertrum - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 10:07 AM)lamode Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 06:52 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @lamode

So I count 4 issues:

Regards,
Kent

Sorry, I realize that there wasn't much detail provided.

Issue 2: I have "software volume" DE-selected on Audirvana. That's the only relevant control I can find on the Audirvana side.

Issue 3: I was using Moode 6.x for 6 months or so and found it to be very stable as a UPnP renderer. Since upgrading, I have had frequent disconnects in the middle of playback, inability to even SSH the Pi for some periods, and Audirvana freezes as well (same version of Audirvana which was stable with 6.x). The Mac and network haven't changed at all.

Issue 4: I'm not sure that I understood your reply as I have only one RPi and one instance of Moode. I did brute force it and haven't had an issue since (although it was fixed only 24 hours ago) but I thought it was worth mentioning in case it crops up with other users too.

Please check which UPnP services you have enabled in the UPnP config screen off the Audio config screen.  Try turning on the OpenHome one and turning off the A/V one.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 09:19 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 11:05 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The .mpdignore feature is on the TODO list as a Preferences setting to avoid having to do SSH. I assume that its most commonly used at the music root /var/lib/mpd/music as opposed to being set in individual subdirectories

Setting it at the root would be sufficient I think Tim, since the file can include paths to the things to be ignored.

Code:
*.cue
path/to/useless_folder/*
Such a file would tell MPD to ignore everything it finds with a .cue extension, AND everything in "useless_folder".

Ok,cool.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - pastaman - 01-04-2021

Hi Tim,
I've just installed the latest version 7.01 and I noticed that choosing Native DSD in the MPD settings, whenever I play a DSD file on my player, it shows on it's display that it is actually playing a PCM file at 352 Khz. If I instead choose DSD over PCM (DoP), than the player display shows that it's playing a DSD file with all his correct parameters. That didn't happen of the previous version of moOde and played DSD files correctly. Maybe the two choices in the MPD Config are inverted?
My player is an audiophonics (https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-with-volume/audiophonics-usb-balanced-dac-es9038pro-xlr-32bit384khz-dsd256-amanero-tcxo-i2s-p-12449.html) and it supports DSD files up to 512.

Thanks for the excellent work on this new version!!!

Here is the ( i ) help for that setting.

Native DSD: If the audio device reports that it supports Native DSD then MPD will send the unaltered DSD botstream to the device otherwose MPD will perform DSD to PCM on-the-fly conversion.
DSD over PCM (DoP): There is no way to detect if an audio device supports DoP so only enable this if you are certain that the device support it otherwise the encapsulated DSD botstream may cause loud or unpredictable distortion.

Quick test using Allo Revolution DAC

MPD set to Native DSD. The DAC's OLED display shows 2.82M DSD64.
[attachment=2028]

MPD set to DoP. The DAC's OLED display shows 2.82M DoP DSD64.
[attachment=2029]

If your audio device supports native DSD bitstream over the particular interface you are using to connect to it and you are seeing DSD-to-PCM conversion by MPD when its set to Native DSD then MPD/ALSA was not able to detect native DSD supported by the audio device.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 01-04-2021

@Tim Curtis 

Interesting typo in the info block: botstream

lol, Good catch.