Moode Forum
Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread (/showthread.php?tid=3290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - pastaman - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 04:03 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @pastaman 

Here's what I see in the Audio Information popup on a moOde 7.0.1 player with a Khadas Tone Board attached (PCM/DSD compatible; USB interface)

Code:
Audio Device
Device Khadas Tone Control
Mixer name Khadas Tone Control
Interface USB
Formats S16_LE, S32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE
Platform Pi-4B 2GB v1.1

The information in the Formats line is provided to moOde by the DAC. I have no trouble playing native DSD with this DAC (but all I have is a few test tracks. Spent too much over 30 years buying  CDs and my ears are way too old to notice any life-changing qualities of DSD.)

You didn't include the whole Audio Device stanza in your screen captures. Do you see "DSD..." listed among the Formats with your DAC connected?

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,
Thanks for your help.

I just installed another software (Audiirvana), connected directly to the DAC via USB and I get the message that my device does not support DSD. 

I am sorry for wasting your time (and Tim's); 
I will have to speak to Audiophonics as they state that the DAC supports DSD256.... 

Regards,
Marco

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 01-06-2021

@pastaman

From the standpoint of moOde, it seems to me we're done here.

Windows isn't Linux and the DAC (ES9038PRO) isn't the same as its USB interface (Amanero on an FPGA). There's nothing we can do if your unit doesn't communicate its full capabilities via its USB interface in a standard way to Linux because moOde/MPD/ALSA get their information from Linux (well, Raspberry Pi OS, but that's a specialization of Debian which is a distro based on Linux).

I see the Audiophonics website claims this player is "USB compatible : Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 ( Amanero driver needed ) Mac OS 10 et Linux". That's for them to prove, not us.

I suppose one last ditch attempt would be to enable the USB UAC2 fix in the System config panel. This setting doesn't do what many people think, but who knows, it might move you a step forward.

Sorry I can't be more help but I can only look at this issue from the moOde side of Linux.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Britracer - 01-07-2021

(01-05-2021, 10:12 AM)CallMeMike Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 04:56 AM)Britracer Wrote: Tim, thanks to everyone for their work on v7.  I loaded it onto a 2B with no DAC just to play with the config.  I have had it running over the weekend and it plays fine for a while but then the player stops and locks up - loses connection to the network and never reestablishes.  The wireless dongle activity LED goes out.  Red and green LEDs on the board are permanently lit.   I have 2 other MoOde players 6.71 on the same network and they have no problems.
I can provided logs if that helps - let me know what you need.

I want to update my 2 systems, but am nervous until Understand this behaviour.

Thanks

Can you run a simple test, please...? Remove the WiFi dongle, have the RPi2 connected to the Router by an Ethernet cable, re-configure the RPI (no config mods) and test...

I checked this evening and the same situation. Audio stopped, cannot access on the network and both LEDS permanently on. I ran a ping test and it came back positive.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - CallMeMike - 01-07-2021

@Britracer

Based on the presumption that you may have not rebuilt the uSD card with a new MoOde v7.x I can only think that the current MoOde installation is either corrupt or the uSD card may be faulty.

RPi2 is not power-hungry at all... but is its current power supply up to the task?

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - pastaman - 01-07-2021

(01-06-2021, 11:36 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @pastaman

From the standpoint of moOde, it seems to me we're done here.

Windows isn't Linux and the DAC (ES9038PRO) isn't the same as its USB interface (Amanero on an FPGA). There's nothing we can do if your unit doesn't communicate its full capabilities via its USB interface in a standard way to Linux because moOde/MPD/ALSA get their information from Linux (well, Raspberry Pi OS, but that's a specialization of Debian which is a distro based on Linux).

I see the Audiophonics website claims this player is "USB compatible : Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 ( Amanero driver needed ) Mac OS 10 et Linux". That's for them to prove, not us.

I suppose one last ditch attempt would be to enable the USB UAC2 fix in the System config panel. This setting doesn't do what many people think, but who knows, it might move you a step forward.

Sorry I can't be more help but I can only look at this issue from the moOde side of Linux.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,
This morning I installed the Windows driver and indeed connecting the PC with the DAC it will play DSD files over USB. 

But I like moOde far better than anything else out there, plus I realized that the DAC will decode DSD files if I use the  DoP option. 

So that's the way it stays.

Again, thanks for all your help,

Regards,
Marco

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - lamode - 01-07-2021

(01-05-2021, 10:59 AM)jonners Wrote: In 7.0.1 it should be right at the top of the page after you select EDIT UPnP config.

Ah, I wasn't aware that that page existed. I tried it but Audirvana only recognizes the AV option, not the OpenHome option.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - acidsun - 01-07-2021

Hello,

I've got a problem with Airplay on Moode 7.0.1 (Rpi 3b+ + Allo Boss DAC). Client device is iPad with 14.3 iOS.
Device losing connection to Moode when I pause streaming, for example Netflix or Spotify. If I pause for a second there is no problem, but a little more, for example 30 sec, and connection to Moode is lost. Additionally I cannot find on iPad Moode Airplay anymore. The only solution is to restart Airplay renderer from the GUI. Device shows again on the list and i can connect to it without any problem.
I made test - i played Spotify for ~10 hours via Airplay without pause - not problem at all, it works just fine. Also if i watch a movie on iPad without pause there is no problem.
Connection to Moode GUI works all the time, also when Airplay is unavaileble. I turned off power saving for Wifi on Rpi but no change.

PS I also played with Airplay renderer settings - session interruption, timeout etc. - no change at all, problem still exist.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 01-07-2021

The symptom suggests a network issue.

Airplay is session based which means that when you stop playback the session will disconnect after about 10 seconds but the player app should retain its setting to direct the audio to "Moode Airplay". When you press play the app will reconnect.

It works perfectly on my end.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - acidsun - 01-07-2021

(01-07-2021, 01:41 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom suggests a network issue.

Airplay is session based which means that when you stop playback the session will disconnect after about 10 seconds but the player app should retain its setting to direct the audio to "Moode Airplay". When you press play the app will reconnect.

It works perfectly on my end.

Dear Tim,

Is there any logs which can help with troubleshooting this issue?

Network issue was my first thought, but at least stability of bandwidth looks fine - it works perfectly if I don't click on pause button.

PS It works perfectly fine for more then a year - what was changed? iOS upgrade to 14 and Moode from 6.4.2 to 7.01.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Britracer - 01-08-2021

(01-07-2021, 03:05 AM)Britracer Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 10:12 AM)CallMeMike Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 04:56 AM)Britracer Wrote: Tim, thanks to everyone for their work on v7.  I loaded it onto a 2B with no DAC just to play with the config.  I have had it running over the weekend and it plays fine for a while but then the player stops and locks up - loses connection to the network and never reestablishes.  The wireless dongle activity LED goes out.  Red and green LEDs on the board are permanently lit.   I have 2 other MoOde players 6.71 on the same network and they have no problems.
I can provided logs if that helps - let me know what you need.

I want to update my 2 systems, but am nervous until Understand this behaviour.

Thanks

Can you run a simple test, please...? Remove the WiFi dongle, have the RPi2 connected to the Router by an Ethernet cable, re-configure the RPI (no config mods) and test...

I checked this evening and the same situation. Audio stopped, cannot access on the network and both LEDS permanently on. I ran a ping test and it came back positive.

So reset last night and realised I had a USB keyboard dongle in one of the USB ports - removed it and it seems to be better - not locked up.  Hopefully that was it.