Moode Forum
Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread (/showthread.php?tid=3290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 01-23-2021

@beeper 

First of all, congrats on enabling NFS service on your Windows host. I don't think we've ever had a user mention doing that.

As Tim says, these are "hidden" directories on the Windows side of your lashup. Their naming convention suggests some sort of logging scheme is running: ".@GMT-YYYY.MM.DD-HH.MM.SS" which recur aperiodically. The fact that they show up in your moOde folder listing suggests the directories in question contain files MPD believes to be audio files.

If you have 3 players which "work well" and only 1 which displays these folders, then the first question you should be asking yourself is, what is different about this 1 player from the other 3? For example, is it mounting a different directory? That could help you trace back to the root cause.

There is a feature in MPD, the .mpdignore file, which allows one to tell it to ignore files with certain naming patterns. I've never used it and I don't know if it works also for ignoring directories but I'm sure some other users can chime in on the subject. You could also search this forum for other posts which mention .mpdignore.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - beeper - 01-23-2021

Ah thanks a lot. That helped me. I found out that the .GMT folders are generated from the windows shadow copy service (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Copy). normaly you cannot see this folders. You also can't see this folders with "show hidden folders=on". Thats a windows thing. However the nfs service will show the folders on connected clients. My moode client was the last one I installed and the nfs share was a new one. So all other clients had not seen this folders because they weren't there at the initial time and the clients have not updated the library again. The last moode client was installed 2 weeks later and Windows created the folders in the meantime.

What I have done so far?
- nfsadmin server \\localhost config dotfileshidden=yes on the windows system (I don't know if it's needed)
- restart "Server NFS" Service on Windows
- created a file .mpdignore in the windows directory
- added ".@GMT-" and ".@GMT-*" without "" in the file
- removed the music source from moode
- restarted moode
- readd the music source, start regenerate

until now it's working. Again, thanks a lot to all of you.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 01-23-2021

@beeper 

That's great.

I got carried away with using backslashes to escape characters that must be interpreted literally in my example. Good to know your entries work and work on directory names as well as file names.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - the_bertrum - 01-25-2021

Another way to exclude a directory and all under it is to create an mpdignore file with a single asterisk (*) in it which you put directly into the directory you wish to exclude. Less useful in this case since the folders will change as the shadow utility runs, but I've employed it to good effect on some static folders I wish to exclude so I mention it in case it is of use to others.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - lukivision - 01-27-2021

Hi everybody,

no ideas about the only approximate volume control via upnp? See #251

Luki

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - alecks - 01-28-2021

Hi,
unfortunately I didn't find a problem like this in the forum, so I have to ask:
I set up Moode 7.01 which works flawless.
Today I tried setting up a GPIO Power up/down button. The button itself is working fine. It's connected to physical pins 5+6. If I set the GPIO handler to shutdown the RP3b+ with IQAudio DigiAmp+ and shuts down as expected. Powering up also fine.
My problem is that as soon as I enable the GPIO handler and restart Moode, there is no music anymore. Silence.
Any idea what could cause this?

One idea: There is a DigiAmp+ unmute script in the util.sh which usually works fine. Is this still triggered when the GPIO handler is enabled? (I couldn't figure out how to manually unmute again, as I am a RP programming rookie)

Thanks,
alecks

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 01-28-2021

Which numbered pins are u using from the attached pic?

[attachment=2084]

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - alecks - 01-28-2021

(01-28-2021, 10:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Which numbered pins are u using from the attached pic?

GPIO 3 and the black ground above. 
But there is no sound even if I don't connect anything and just enable the GPIO handler and restart. That's why I think about the mute functionality.

PS: thanks for this awesome tool Smile

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 01-29-2021

The unmute code runs independently of the gpio handler during startup.

You mean just turning on the GPIO handler even if it has no pins or cmd's defined? It's not obvious to me how that could cause a DiGiAmp+ to go into a "no sound" state.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - alecks - 01-29-2021

You were right. I misinterpreted the Iqaudio instruction or better mixed it up with a button tutorial. It's not allowed to use GPIO 3 on my audio board as it is used for I2C. Once the GPIO for shutdown was set to 14, the audio came out again.

Now I need to figure out a new way to boot and shutdown on one button Smile