Moode Forum
Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread (/showthread.php?tid=3290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - efung - 02-04-2021

>> Try using the OpenHome renderer (menu/configure/audio - scroll to UPnP/DNLA - press edit)
I unchecked the "UPnP A/V services" and checked "OpenHome services", and save the chances.
Then , I restarted UPnP service. There is only one UPnP renderer which is "Openhome". There is no cover art shown in Bubble UPNP and and no playing progress. The sound track was playing in moOde. After the first song, it stopped.
If I keep both UPnP renderers enabled, Bubble UPNP will show 2 UPNP renderers. Still, only one sound track will be played.

RE: Missing cover art in version 7 - the_bertrum - 02-04-2021

(02-03-2021, 07:15 PM)Mark Dirac Wrote: Thanks. That worked - but only regarding the issue of the playlist not advancing, not the issue of the OP "Missing cover art".

Why did you suggest that? As a workaround, or because you know of something that has changed in 7.0.1 which might have impacted BubbleUPnP when using UPnP only?

The version of the code used in moOde to provide UPnP renderers was updated in v7, and it now offers both UPnP A/V and OpenHome options, so the moOde interface now lets you choose.  The OpenHome renderer appears to accept an entire playlist where as the A/V one appears to send things one track at a time.

I have found that BubbleUPnP seems to "remember" attributes of renderers even after they vanish or change and so when changing things in moOde I would either need to wait for quite some time, or quit and restart the BubbleUPnP control point (maybe more than once) before it behaved properly.

RE: Missing cover art in version 7 - Mark Dirac - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 08:40 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 07:15 PM)Mark Dirac Wrote: Thanks. That worked ...

Why did you suggest that? As a workaround, or because you know of something that has changed in 7.0.1 which might have impacted BubbleUPnP when using UPnP only?

The version of the code used in moOde to provide UPnP renderers was updated in v7, and it now offers both UPnP A/V and OpenHome options, so the moOde interface now lets you choose.  The OpenHome renderer appears to accept an entire playlist where as the A/V one appears to send things one track at a time.

I have found that BubbleUPnP seems to "remember" attributes of renderers even after they vanish or change and so when changing things in moOde I would either need to wait for quite some time, or quit and restart the BubbleUPnP control point (maybe more than once) before it behaved properly.

Many thanks bertrum - that's really crucial news! I had browsed around (release notes & elsewhere) for documentation of some change like this, but without success.

Since efung's experience was so different to mine, here is my config:

First I disabled moOde's UPnP renderer and enabled moOde's DLNA renderer. With this config, BubbleUPnP couldn't see any renderer at all.

Then I tried enabling both the UPnP renderer and the DLNA renderer. And this worked (in terms of playlist advance).

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - the_bertrum - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 10:51 AM)Mark Dirac Wrote: First I disabled moOde's UPnP renderer and enabled moOde's DLNA renderer. With this config, BubbleUPnP couldn't see any renderer at all.

Then I tried enabling both the UPnP renderer and the DLNA renderer. And this worked (in terms of playlist advance).

I think you might be confusing two different functions here.
There is the "UPnP Client for MPD" which presents renderers to which you can send instructions to play music on the MPD in your moOde device.
There is the "DNLA server" which makes the library within moOde available over DLNA to other clients so you can sent the music that moOde knows about to another DLNA/UPnP device.
There is the "UPNP Media Browser" which allows moOde to connect to other DLNA servers and add the music it finds there to the moOde library.

To "send" music from BubbleUPnP or any other control point to moOde you only need the first of these. There are within the "UPnP Client for MPD" there are two flavours of renderer, which can be adjusted with the "EDIT UPnP config" button. This is the bit that has changed in moOde 7. You can run either or both the UPnP A/V or OpenHome. Both should show up in BubbleUPnP if they are enabled. I find the OpenHome to work better for me.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Mark Dirac - 02-04-2021

deleted - because I reckon this is not an issue with moOde 7.0.1 and because bertram was right in that I was confused. Any further comments about this issue, I suggest to post here: UPnP issue by MoOde 7.0

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 02-04-2021

This discussion of UPnP A/V vs OpenHome really deserves a separate thread (or, indeed, a separate website), but for some of you the answer from Cebolla in this post on another site might help understand why we are dealing with both

Open Home vs UPnP.

while from the upmpdcli maintainer's release notes:

Quote:Separate the OpenHome and UPnP/AV UPnP devices. The latter will now show up as <friendlyname>-UPnP/AV. Set upnpav=0 in the configuration if it bothers you. This makes upmpdcli more standard, having separate devices for the different sets of services instead of hosting them all under the same device.

The moOde UPnP Config panel lets us mix and match.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - the_bertrum - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 01:56 PM)Mark Dirac Wrote:
  • running UPnP A/V flavour only shows in BUPP, but doesn't work fully
  • running OpenHone flavour only - no renderer shows up at all in BUPP
  • running both the UPnP A/V or OpenHome flavours - only one renderer shows up in BUPP (which is fine) and it works
  • the "DNLA server" shows up in BUPP (if i have it enabled), but, of course, it doesn't help in my situation 'cos that's not what I was trying to do.
I see this oddness too when changing which renderers are available.  It takes a while for Bubble to catch up I found.  Restarting Bubble a couple of times after each change in renderer helps.  I use the OpenHome renderer which does full playlists, with art and playlist advance from Bubble, but only if I haven't been flipping switches recently to try other setups.
(02-04-2021, 02:16 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: This discussion of UPnP A/V vs OpenHome really deserves a separate thread (or, indeed, a separate website)
That would be wise I think, but I don't know how to move posts, alas.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Torsten - 02-05-2021

Hi,

don't know if this is the rigt thread but since I just started over with 7.0.1 yesterday . . . .

Is there any ( easy ) way to get rid of some ( actually most ) radio stations and ( same easy ) add some others . . . preferably in a batch.
cheers
Torsten

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - the_bertrum - 02-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 09:11 AM)Torsten Wrote: Hi,

don't know if this is the rigt thread but since I just started over with 7.0.1 yesterday . . . .

Is there any ( easy ) way to get rid of some ( actually most ) radio stations and ( same easy ) add some others . . . preferably in a batch.
cheers
Torsten

Click the "cog" in the radio library view, then select "Hide All" in the drop down for moOde stations.  This will hide any station that you haven't modified (by adding, making a favourite, changing the genre etc).

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Torsten - 02-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 10:58 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 09:11 AM)Torsten Wrote: Hi,

cheers
Torsten

Click the "cog" in the radio library view, then select "Hide All" in the drop down for moOde stations.  This will hide any station that you haven't modified (by adding, making a favourite, changing the genre etc).
Hi,

yes, I figured that out now . .. and set some to favourite. I added several stations manually now from the UI . . . a bit time consuming exercise.