Moode Forum
Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread (/showthread.php?tid=3290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - DRONE7 - 02-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 11:26 AM)Torsten Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 10:58 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 09:11 AM)Torsten Wrote: Hi,

don't know if this is the rigt thread but since I just started over with 7.0.1 yesterday . . . .

Is there any ( easy ) way to get rid of some ( actually most ) radio stations and ( same easy ) add some others . . . preferably in a batch.
cheers
Torsten

Click the "cog" in the radio library view, then select "Hide All" in the drop down for moOde stations.  This will hide any station that you haven't modified (by adding, making a favourite, changing the genre etc).
Hi,

yes, I figured that out now . .. and set some to favourite. I added several stations manually now from the UI . . . a bit time consuming exercise.

Then just access the radio folder via samba and cut-n-paste. Done in a jiffy.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Torsten - 02-06-2021

(02-05-2021, 10:25 PM)DRONE7 Wrote:

don't know if this is the rigt thread but since I just started over with 7.0.1 yesterday . . . .

Is there any ( easy ) way to get rid of some ( actually most ) radio stations and ( same easy ) add some others . . . preferably in a batch.
cheers
Torsten

Click the "cog" in the radio library view, then select "Hide All" in the drop down for moOde stations.  This will hide any station that you haven't modified (by adding, making a favourite, changing the genre etc).
Hi,

yes, I figured that out now . .. and set some to favourite. I added several stations manually now from the UI . . . a bit time consuming exercise.

Hi,

does this still work in 7.0.1 ? I did that for my older players still on 6.x.x
When I tried to remove stations fom the folder on the 7.0.1 the stations are still there same as for adding some this way . . .

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - DRONE7 - 02-06-2021

(02-06-2021, 09:13 AM)Torsten Wrote:

cheers
Torsten

Hi,

Hi,

When I tried to remove stations fom the folder on the 7.0.1 the stations are still there same as for adding some this way . . .
Drat !! you're right... this was the one saving grace of the radio library and now it's toast... :-(

(02-06-2021, 09:29 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 09:13 AM)Torsten Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 10:58 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: Click the "cog" in the radio library view, then select "Hide All" in the drop down for moOde stations.  This will hide any station that you haven't modified (by adding, making a favourite, changing the genre etc).
Hi,

Hi,

Drat !! you're right... this was the one saving grace of the radio library and now it's toast... :-(
yepp. . . but anyway the radio library is not the showstopper, if I have my favourite 5 stations ( and I have them now ) I am happy. Sometimes it is just easy to tune in to dinner jazz for the evening and you are done . . . my library is quite big but setting up a playlist is quite an effort.

Actually I like the idea of having either a kind of dynamic playlist generated by whatever criteria ( I said that before ) e.g. genre= christmas and bum . . . name it save it and it will be filled and updated with all tunes meeting that criteria - genre =christmas
Or . . . yeah, I am quoting from Plex here . . . plexamp, you can build a kind of radio stations ( playlist ) with the same idea . . . just a dynamic playlist, you select the criteria very high level or even drill down

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - starbender - 02-06-2021

With ver 6.7.1 there was no problem with non-english characters, but with 7.0.1 artist-album list shows strange characters with non-english, and these songs cannot played. Any idea how to solve this?
I tried utf-8 option but it has no effect..

(02-06-2021, 02:31 PM)starbender Wrote: With ver 6.7.1 there was no problem with non-english characters, but with 7.0.1 artist-album list shows strange characters with non-english, and these songs cannot played. Any idea how to solve this?
I tried utf-8 option but it has no effect..

Hi. . .
I just installed the 7 version but do not see any issue . . . German, Scandinavian characters and accents all visible and it also plays.
What characters are we talking about . . . any examples ?
cheers
T

RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - JonPike - 02-06-2021

All that said,  I have a few minor bug reports I think I see in 7.0.1:

I see that the volume control "safety" feature I had asked for (the volume control is limited from jumping up in large amounts, just jumps of 10, to prevent accidental blasting)  does not work anymore on my Android phone (Galaxy 8), in Chrome. Volume can jump from 0-100% in a single click. 
It *DOES* work on the Win10 PC desktop browsers (Firefox and Chrome) as expected.

I have seen the occasional page issues, like going into settings, doing something, and after the page refreshes, losing the back arrow that takes you back to the main play page or back a settings page..  Rare, but annoying.  I don't recall seeing this before changing to 7.01 from 6.xx

Noticed a new "display dB volume" switch in Audio Config, MPD options,   nothing changes when toggled, I just see the usual % number. (both Android and PC)

Had played around with the aforementioned Pi HDMI output,  which I don't see any problem with,  but also piping the Moode display out the HDMI into the TV.  Beautiful!  But,  I seemed to notice an issue where if I change inputs to something else,  and come back later (it's OK if I do it quickly)  the TV seems to think there's no HDMI output anymore, and no screen.  Have to test this more, only spent one session with that setup.  Not sure if it's a Pi based issue,  or the TV.

Ah, another one... Hitting the "reverse polarity" toggle that's in the same section as the crossfeed, does nothing? As in, I think the toggle flips, but hitting the SET button doesn't seem to make an action. Haven't played much with this before, as well as it's debatable if you could hear the change. But the system doesn't react like it would if the button press worked.

Let me know if you want to move  these to a different thread.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 02-06-2021

1. The volume knob, try clearing the Browser cache. If that doesn't work then someone will need to repro the issue with exact versions of Android and Chrome and propose a fix.
2. Back button. I'd have to check the Git commits but IIRC this is fixed for upcoming 7.1.0 release.
3. dB volume display only works with Hardware volume and only if the audio device uses a dB volume scale which most devices do use. It looks like the screenie below.
[attachment=2109]

4. HDMI hot-plug is not so good on Linux so YMMV but maybe someone has some settings that could help.
5. No issues on my end with Polarity inversion On/Off setting. When turning it the correct MPD output is enabled.

Code:
pi@rp1:~ $ mpc outputs
Output 1 (ALSA default) is disabled
       allowed_formats=""
       dop="0"
Output 2 (ALSA crossfeed) is disabled
       allowed_formats=""
       dop="0"
Output 3 (ALSA parametric eq) is disabled
       allowed_formats=""
       dop="0"
Output 4 (ALSA graphic eq) is disabled
       allowed_formats=""
       dop="0"
Output 5 (ALSA polarity inversion) is enabled
       allowed_formats=""
       dop="0"
Output 6 (ALSA bluetooth) is disabled
       allowed_formats=""
       dop="0"
Output 7 (HTTP stream) is disabled
Output 8 (ALSA CamillaDSP) is disabled
       allowed_formats=""
       dop="0"
pi@rp1:~ $

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - JonPike - 02-06-2021

(02-06-2021, 10:38 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: 1. The volume knob, try clearing the Browser cache. If that doesn't work then someone will need to repro the issue with exact versions of Android and Chrome and propose a fix.
2. Back button. I'd have to check the Git commits but IIRC this is fixed for upcoming 7.1.0 release.
3. dB volume display only works with Hardware volume and only if the audio device uses a dB volume scale which most devices do use. It looks like the screenie below.

4. HDMI hot-plug is not so good on Linux so YMMV but maybe someone has some settings that could help.
5. No issues on my end with Polarity inversion On/Off setting. When turning it the correct MPD output is enabled.

1. OK, will try.  Hadn't checked Firefiox on Android,  the @#$@ thing is still not finding "http://moode",  vs having to put in an IP.  Chrome, no problem.  Will clear things and try again.

2. OK.. I've found, as a workaround, that if you're stuck without a back arrow, flipping to another one or two or three different Settings pages usually gets it to reappear, and then you can get back to the main page.

3.  Ah. Will look at a few other devices and try, see if they have HW volume,  an AV player wouldn't? 

4. Will play with it more,  maybe do some research. Does a HDMI need to stay "connected"?  I'm not unplugging it,  just changing the TV port focus,  or going to other web pages in the browser...

5. Well,  now that I try it again,  I get a button reaction, and a "polarity changed" box,   maybe I had a couple browsers open to same Player?  Oh, well...

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 02-06-2021

Regarding 

Quote:1. The volume knob, try clearing the Browser cache. If that doesn't work then someone will need to repro the issue with exact versions of Android and Chrome and propose a fix.

I see the biggest variability on my Google Pixel 3a with Chrome although I can't repro 0 to 100 in one step. Even with Firefox, Edge, and Brave I see some variability in response but not as severe as with Chrome.

To my eye it looks like the browsers are receiving multiple touch events from Android, e.g., the equivalent of mechanical keyboard bounce. If the limit setting is 10, for example, I might see the volume jump from 10 to 30 or 40 or 50 when I tap the screen.

I'm not sure I have the chops to instrument a browser on a phone to test if I'm right. I know how in principle, but in practice...not so much.

Regards,
Kent