Moode Forum
Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread (/showthread.php?tid=3290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 02-19-2021

Do you have CUE files in the album directories?

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - kwatch - 02-19-2021

(02-19-2021, 12:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Do you have CUE files in the album directories?

No, I do not.  Only songs and album covers in directories.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - kwatch - 02-19-2021

(02-19-2021, 02:17 PM)kwatch Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 12:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Do you have CUE files in the album directories?

No, I do not.  Only songs and album covers in directories.

I went back to V 6.71 and the same issue is occurring.  I never had this issue before I installed V7.01 but it's also happening to older version now.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 02-19-2021

Run the command below in one of the album directories and see u have hidden dot files or dot directories.

Code:
ls -al ALBUM_DIRECTORY_PATH

If there are no hidden files then feel free to zip up one or two if the albums and send a PM to me and @TheOldPresbyope containing a download link. One of us will see if we can repro the "duplicate tracks" issue

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - drfous - 02-20-2021

(02-17-2021, 09:13 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 06:15 AM)drfous Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 12:08 PM)lamode Wrote: I have mentioned my connectivity issues with 7.0.1 several times but I didn't get a useful response so far. Could someone please help explain why 6.x was rock solid for me but updating to 7.x has caused many disconnections every day: moode.local not reachable sometimes, or UPnP service dropping (between uses but not while playing a track), or SSH not accessible. Sometimes the mode.local website is not accessible but I can still SSH to pi@moode.local. If Moode drops out then it seems to come back every time without a restart being necessary but it can take from a few minutes to half an hour. It's driving me crazy. If I can't find the issue then I will revert to 6.x.

I'm having these same issues.  GUI connection is spotty.  Same with Airplay, Spotify and UPNP.  

I've reflashed the card.  Tried wifi and lan.  No bueno.

I know the pi is connected and working.  MPD auto plays.

pi 4b 4gig usb to dac

I've noticed in the past when flashing to a new version that the network discovery type access methods (moode.local, spotify, UPnP and so on) can get confused.  I guess some devices in the chain think the device is different, others think it is the same, confusion results.
I have largely mitigated this by assigning static addresses, so my moOde players always have the same IP no matter how often the other things change.  In fact every device that regularly attaches to my network has a static address.  Prior to this, I found shutting down everything in chain (phone/tablet/PC, router/repeater/switches, moOde devices) waiting a few minutes for then restarting the network components, then the moOde devices, then the access devices would sort things out.

This seems to have fixed my issue.  I reset all the APs, Switches and Router yesterday.

Everything is back to being its normally snappy self.

I haven't tried static addresses yet, but I might.

Thanks for the tip!!

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 02-20-2021

So a reboot, lol

Keep things simple if possible

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - drfous - 02-20-2021

The strange thing is that it was connected to the network and played from the NAS, but I couldn't see the gui or connect spotify/tidal.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - glicioto - 02-22-2021

Hi, 

I just registered to this forum despite I am a Moodeaudio user since 1 year. During the first Italian Lockdown in March 2020 I decided to reinstall an hifi system that was lying unused. I decided to go for a raspi 4 with a little dedicated audio software. I tried Volumio but then I kept installed just Moodeaudio. I was happy with the release 6 and I wanted to try the 7.0.1. The rest of the environment did not change. The DAC is a SMSL Sanskrith (MK1). Since I installed the 7.0.1 I found the following annoying glitches that were not present with the previous installation:

1) I usually switch off the DAC and then when I restart it, Moodeaudio does not automatically select it, bur instead it select Pi HDMI 1 as the default output. So I have to manually enter the MPD configuration, select the DAC and restart MOODE...and this each time.

2) After having completed the procedure above, Moodeaudio starts with the proper DAC selected as output, but the volume is set at zero. 

Is there a way to solve those issues? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Glicioto

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - jonners - 02-22-2021

@glicioto
Are you switching the DAC off before the Pi? If so, try switching both at the same time.
Edit: On second thoughts, isn't the DAC fed from the USB of the Pi? In that case, how can you just 'switch off the DAC'?

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - glicioto - 02-22-2021

(02-22-2021, 09:45 AM)jonners Wrote: @glicioto
Are you switching the DAC off before the Pi? If so, try switching both at the same time.
Edit: On second thoughts, isn't the DAC fed from the USB of the Pi? In that case, how can you just 'switch off the DAC'?

Answer to question 1: the PI is allways on...I never decided to install a button to switch it off/on

Answer to question 2: the DAC has a button that brings it to stand-by. In such state is not seen by the PI. And no, is not fed by the PI alone. It has a additional power supply input.