Moode Forum
Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread (/showthread.php?tid=3290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - fdealexa - 12-28-2020

(12-28-2020, 02:07 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Yes, you can put anything in the Genre field.

To modify the size limit your would need to edit function importStationPkg() in playerlib.js and then use Gulp to compile and bundle it into the .min file thats used in the image.

Thank, Tim.
I will try the first; about the second point, in addition to the limit in the function, I don't remember those parameters that you suggested to modify when I asked about the 6.7.1 version (That were 25MB - in the PHP.ini + something else).
Thanks again and best regards,
Francesco

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Paccidat - 12-28-2020

(12-27-2020, 11:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 10:43 PM)Paccidat Wrote: librespot will not run when volume curve is set to linear. Also see 7.0.0. thread.

I would recommend posting this issue to the librespot team.

Hi Tim,

Are you sure? I run into this when setting this parameter in de Moode UI, so for me it is related to the use case with Moode. Perhaps de addon is not called properly by moode due to a change. As I always set de volume curve to linear straight away, I found it not to work directly after a fresh install and upgrade from a fully functional 6.x.x. verision. After two hours of tinkering about , I finally found a post in the forum about version 7.0.0 that it will only work with the logarithmic setting.

For me as an end user it is hard to determine how librespot is called and whether is it a problem with librespot itself. Is there a librespot team within the Moode community or do you mean the librespot project itself?

Followup: I just ran the librespot command from an SSH session into the moode player. I ran it as follows:

Code:
sudo librespot --name Moode-Spotify-Allo --bitrate 320 --initial-volume 90 --autoplay --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --volume-ctrl linear --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device plughw:0 --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh

As you can see I added the "--volume-ctrl linear" to the command the moode ui executes without linear volume control. After this command librespot is working with linear volume control. Would this mean that librespot is not the cause of the problem?

BTW: I made a donation to this project yesterday (from a different mail adress) because it has turned out to be the best solution for my audio system. Thanks you for this software.!

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TookaFace - 12-28-2020

Yes, moOde use --linear-volume when it should be --volume-ctrl linear

You can change that in /var/www/inc/playerlib.php, line 2537:

Code:
$linear_volume = $cfg_spotify['volume_curve'] == 'Linear' ? ' --linear-volume' : '';
should be:
Code:
$linear_volume = $cfg_spotify['volume_curve'] == 'Linear' ? ' --volume-ctrl linear' : '';

Then reboot
I guess Librespot change that in a recent commit.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 12-28-2020

Good find.

It does look like the option changed at some point.
https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/wiki/Options

The option now supports values 'linear', 'log' and 'fixed'. I can update the config screen to also support 'fixed' volume scaling if that would be useful.

I'll make these changes for upcoming 7.1.0 release.

(12-28-2020, 08:55 AM)Paccidat Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 11:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 10:43 PM)Paccidat Wrote: librespot will not run when volume curve is set to linear. Also see 7.0.0. thread.

I would recommend posting this issue to the librespot team.

Hi Tim,

Are you sure? I run into this when setting this parameter in de Moode UI, so for me it is related to the use case with Moode. Perhaps de addon is not called properly by moode due to a change. As I always set de volume curve to linear straight away, I found it not to work directly after a fresh install and upgrade from a fully functional 6.x.x. verision. After two hours of tinkering about , I finally found a post in the forum about version 7.0.0 that it will only work with the logarithmic setting.

For me as an end user it is hard to determine how librespot is called and whether is it a problem with librespot itself. Is there a librespot team within the Moode community or do you mean the librespot project itself?

Followup: I just ran the librespot command from an SSH session into the moode player. I ran it as follows:

Code:
sudo librespot --name Moode-Spotify-Allo --bitrate 320 --initial-volume 90 --autoplay --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --volume-ctrl linear --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device plughw:0 --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh

As you can see I added the "--volume-ctrl linear" to the command the moode ui executes without linear volume control. After this command librespot is working with linear volume control. Would this mean that librespot is not the cause of the problem?

BTW: I made a donation to this project yesterday (from a different mail adress) because it has turned out to be the best solution for my audio system. Thanks you for this software.!

It did turn out to be an issue in moOde code. We were using an older option name thats not valid for newer releases of librespot. It will be fixed in upcoming 7.1.0 release.

Yes, if the issue suggests something in the component itself then the maintainer of that component should be contacted at their repo. In the case of librespot their repo is https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 12-28-2020

librespot has two dozen runtime options.

When I get to be king for a day, I'm going to decree that all software maintainers MUST clearly mark in their documentation any changes to the names or functionalities of options so that system integrators can not only see clearly what is correct usage for the current version but also what has been deprecated from any and all previous versions. Yes, the documentation gets tedious but the pothole we just fell into illustrates why it's needed.

(You think it would be complicated for a software project? You should see the product data management and inventory control systems for all the parts in something like an airliner.)

Regards,
Kent

I would be excluded from the Decree, right ;-)

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 12-28-2020

(12-28-2020, 02:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I would be excluded from the Decree, right ;-)

Remember what Pogo said: We have met the enemy and he is us.

LOL

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - oculto - 12-28-2020

(12-27-2020, 10:22 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @oculto

It's impossible to know what state your player is in with only this description "fresh install 7.0.1 and setup as I aways do".

I suggest you begin with a fresh install of 7.0.1 and make only the setup changes needed to communicate with your player---no added sources, no fanciness like a change to the experimental 64-bit kernel or changes to the audio config.

Do you experience the reported behavior in this configuration? If you do, then at a minimum we need to see the sys info log.

Only if all is well at this point should you proceed to make changes and add sources, always taking just one step at a time to see what may be triggering your issue.

FYI, I've now installed 7.0.1 on an RPi Zero-W, on several RPi3B+s, and on several RPi4Bs as part of my testing of various hardware. All players have performed well. All are connected via WiFi and all draw on an modestly sized (7000+ tracks) external NAS (OpenMediaVault) via the SMB protocol.

Regards,
Kent

Well, a new try and I did every step carefully, but after I set the i2s (hifiberry digi+ pro), then reboot, I got a alsa error (hw:0:0) and a new reboot fixed this but the player not work anymore (no sound, no digital output), but the gui was almost normal.

I check the audio parameters and it was ok, save it again, reboot, but no audio output. the last try was to activate auto-suffle and than the library freezes..  BTW I did not setup any library, just the LEFT and RIGHT audio test (native on SDCARD)

now i got lib-config: Connection to MPD failed when i try to change anything