Moode Forum
Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread (/showthread.php?tid=3290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - hifiapo - 12-28-2020

(12-27-2020, 09:46 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @hifiapo

Hi, Arne.

I've built an armv6 version of the squeezelite renderer which should work on both RPi Zero-Ws (armv6 cpu) and RPi 2-4's. However, I've tested it only on an RPi Zero-W and an RPi4B each running moOde 7.0.1. For this testing, I used a Logitech Media Server v7.9.4 running on a Linux Mint host.

Here's what you'll have to do from the command line of your moOde player

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,

squeezelite-armv6 is up and running on both rpi zero W and rpi3. Thanks again.

Unfortunately upsampling to 384kHz on LMS is not possible. It is restricted to 192 kHz max for both soekris and mamboberry.
Is that an armv6 issue? (I thought the newer kernels can handle 384kHz)

Regards,

Arne

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 12-28-2020

What I2S driver are u using?

(12-28-2020, 05:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What I2S driver are u using?

I tried Mamboberry and Soekris dam 1021 drivers . When I use my rpi 3 and the original squeezelite file on 7.0.1 upsampling is possible.

The hifiberry-dac driver is used for the Mamboberry selections and this driver is max 192K. The rip-dac driver is used for the Soekris selection and we have enhanced the pcm1794a codec it uses to support 384K.

I have no idea what squeezelite is doing as far as detecting/supporting sample rates.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Paccidat - 12-28-2020

(12-28-2020, 01:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Good find.

It does look like the option changed at some point.
https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/wiki/Options

The option now supports values 'linear', 'log' and 'fixed'. I can update the config screen to also support 'fixed' volume scaling if that would be useful.

I'll make these changes for upcoming 7.1.0 release.

Cool!

Thanks a lot!

Tim CurtisThe hifiberry-dac driver is used for the Mamboberry selections and this driver is max 192K. The rip-dac driver is used for the Soekris selection and we have enhanced the pcm1794a codec it uses to support 384K.
(12-28-2020, 05:54 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I have no idea what squeezelite is doing as far as detecting/supporting sample rates.
Hi Tim,

sorry for the confusion. I did not use the hifiberry driver. I took the audiophonis ES9023 instead  as it is based on the same chip. Officially the chip only supports 192kHz but I read somewhere thats most/all? of them can play 384kHz (see picture).

[attachment=2004]

moOde uses the rip-dac driver for the Audiophonics ES9023 selection.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Evil_Underlord - 12-29-2020

Raspberry Pi 3B
HiFiBerry Amp2
20V power supply (to Amp2)
Ethernet connection
Fresh install of moOde 7.xx
Music on a NAS
Controlled with brand-new, recent-model phone.

The install went without a hitch. The interface took a while to figure out. I'm finding that on a phone, though, it's often very slow to respond (15-30 seconds, sometimes). I turned off the adaptive color, and that seemed to help, but it still often takes so long to respond that I tap the screen again, and again, and again (with 5-10 seconds between) before anything happens.

I saw that one prior post mentioned a low voltage to the Pi. I doubt that's the issue here, since it's a switchable power supply set to 20V. Also Volumio previously worked fine with this setup (at a lower voltage). If I can't get this fixed, I'll have to switch back to Volumio. moOde is more attractive, but it's not usable on the phone as is for me.

Separately, I found that trying to connect to moOde when the NAS is off leads to an even more unresponsive situation (granted, that was also on the phone (and an older model), so maybe it's the same problem.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 12-29-2020

@Evil_Underlord

I see "phone" mentioned four times but never mentioned are the make and model of the phone nor the OS and OS version on the phone nor the browser(s) used.

Here with moOde 7.0.1 on an RPi3B+ (or an RPiZero-W or an RPi3A+ or on a RPi4B+) the responsiveness of the WebUI is good to great with any mainline browser on my Google Pixel 3a, on my Apple iPad 9.7 (2017), on my desktop Linux Mint system. This with all devices connected wirelessly to my access point on the Ethernet side of which is an Open Media Vault NAS.

I've been playing with moOde for about 4 years and I've never had a situation where some combination of hardware would work with Volumio but not with moOde. I consider that a null test.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 12-29-2020

@oculto

I'm struggling to figure out what to suggest.

I don't have a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro (nor a downstream audio system with an S/PDIF input) on hand so I can't exactly replicate your setup. To at least work with the I2S interface I installed a HiFi Berry DAC+ Pro on an RPi3B+. Flashed a uSD card with a fresh install of moOde 7.0.0 (which I immediately upgraded to 7.0.1 once I booted).

I can not reproduce any of your issues. This combo works fine communicating wirelessly. it plays the preloaded radio stations. It loads the entire contents of my NAS into its library. It plays through my downstream audio system whether the Auto-Shuffle feature is enabled or not.

Several times you mention behaviors which suggest the mpd process is getting killed (which shouldn't happen). These include
  • connecct to spotify but gui was unresponsive
  • dashboard blank
  • connection to mpd failed
Sorry, at this point I don't have any definitive answers. Be sure your power supply, power cable, and power connector are good enough for this application. Poor power can be a source of mysterious problems with any RPi-based audio streamer. I assume the software driver for the HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro is compatible with the kernel 5.4.77-v7+ in moOde 7.0.1 but I have no way of testing that. 

You still need to post your logs but if the WebUI is unresponsive you'll have to log into the command line through SSH to be able to get them.

Regards,
Kent