Moode Forum
Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release (/showthread.php?tid=3345)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - Tim Curtis - 02-17-2021

Sure, I'll add you to Test Team.

RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - Tim Curtis - 02-17-2021

Just follow instructions in this post http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=3345&pid=30636#pid30636

RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - v_erich - 02-17-2021

Great!
Thanks

RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - Skip Pack - 02-19-2021

I notce the enthusiasm for CamillaDSP and the possibility of using it to create filter crossovers. This suggests that there would be a way to output to more than two DAC channels. How might this work?. I would love to have a means to synthesize a center channel from stereo input (ala Gerzon/trifield), and CamillaDSP could probably be set up to do it. The question then becomes 'Would Moode 7.1.x allow output to three DAC channels (stacked hats?) or a multichannel usb dac? Pie-in-the-sky for me, but hope springs eternal.

Skip

RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - Oorpijn - 02-19-2021

(02-19-2021, 01:24 AM)Skip Pack Wrote: I notce the enthusiasm for CamillaDSP and the possibility of using it to create filter crossovers. This suggests that there would be a way to output to more than two DAC channels. How might this work?. I would love to have a means to synthesize a center channel from stereo input (ala Gerzon/trifield), and CamillaDSP could probably be set up to do it. The question then becomes 'Would Moode 7.1.x allow output to three DAC channels (stacked hats?) or a multichannel usb dac? Pie-in-the-sky for me, but hope springs eternal.

Skip

To be able to skip the analog active crossover in my setup would be a holy grail too!
How to connect a second DAC is the problem.

PS, thanks for all the hard work and the superb results of it!

RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - yaslam - 02-19-2021

@Tim Curtis
I use a convolution filter file created by REW and rePhase, and apply room correction to the speaker system with the filter function of Roon and ffmpeg (MinimServer, BubbUPnP Server).
I would like to try those convolution filters with Moode's Camilla DSP feature. Would you please invite me to the test team?

RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - Tim Curtis - 02-19-2021

Sure, I just added your userid so you should be all set.

RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - yaslam - 02-19-2021

(02-19-2021, 12:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Sure, I just added your userid so you should be all set.

Thank you!

RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - TheOldPresbyope - 02-19-2021

It's exciting to see all the interest in the CamillaDSP but I'm getting concerned that folks are misunderstanding what the test team and the test releases are all about. 

[what follows is my idiosyncratic view of the life of a tester]

Each TR is a packaging of the code in the current develop branch of the moOde repo. This code is in constant flux. It's up to the test team members to push all the buttons, twist all the knobs, and hammer on all the interfaces in an attempt to break the TR. 

Testing results are funneled back in the Test Team Forum (and/or the issues log in the github repo) and are used by team members as they edit and extend the code. The Test Team Forum is closed not for secrecy or privacy but to spare the larger community from all the chatter during the sausage-making activity Smile

When we get to a TR we can't easily break and we agree that remaining issues can wait 'til later, Tim captures the current state of the develop branch as an official release. Then the cycle repeats.

Why do I say all this? Because those of you asking for early access to the TRs have to accept that 
  • there's no expectation that the code will work the way you want and won't break in ways you don't, and 
  • there is an expectation that you to report your findings back to the test team for the benefit of the entire moOde community
Have fun. 

Regards,
Kent

RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - Tim Curtis - 02-19-2021

Right, the Test Team sub-forum is not a public beta program or anything like that. its just a small group of dev's and users that regularly contribute to the code, do a lot of feature testing, debugging, and support, and have expertise in a variety of areas including sausage making, lol

Sometimes extra help is needed to test out a particular feature for example CamillaDSP and so we have added a few people that are already doing convolution, room correction, Para EQ etc. We expect CamillaDSP to be a long term, major feature that will evolve and improve over time thus the extra attention being devoted to it. :-)