Moode Forum
[How to do instruction] Camilla DSP - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FAQ and Guides (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [How to do instruction] Camilla DSP (/showthread.php?tid=3617)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Camilla DSP - DRONE7 - 03-19-2021

With the arrival of Moode 7.1.0 and it's included Camilla DSP I am sure there will be many like me searching for what where when and how... Smile 

No doubt there will be information, help, and posted files as we all progress and experiment....

Meantime I link here the amazing @bitlab 's  earlier explanation Smile  

https://www.bitlab.nl/page_id=665

Thanks so much @bitlab for the effort you have made integrating this into MoOde !!

Edit.. too late tonight to dig out and update the Pi integrated with my headphone amp so I did a run through on the recently updated Pi4 to see how I might use Camilla DSP to adjust for my ancient AKG K240 Sextett's.
This may or may not be correct but perhaps @bitlab  can yay or nay it...

I went to the AutoEQ page and downloaded the AKG K240 Sextett minimum phase 44100Hz.wav
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_over-ear_2018/AKG%20K240%20Sextett

Then uploaded it to Convolution file-Upload New.....and got the big red cross and message that .wav was not accepted...so hit the Convert button and a .raw was auto generated... Smile
In the Quick Convolution filter I applied it to both L & R and got the green tick that the config was valid then saved.Turned CDSP on.
Exited to the player page and started play then opened audio info and it reports
Quote:CamillaDSP __quick_convolution__.yml .
[*]and the meters on my dac show input... Smile
[*]The house is silent and all asleep so I can't listen but tomorrow I am going to check.. Cool

Cheers..Bob.

RE: Camilla DSP - bitlab - 03-19-2021

@DRONE7 the generated configuration file for Qucik Convolution is called  '__quick_convolution__.yml'. For next release I will make a fix that is says 'Quick Convolution' instead.

The last 6 weeks a lot has changed, this morning I updated the mentioned article. Including info about the wave file converter.

Two good resources related to CamillaDSP configuration are:

RE: Camilla DSP - DRONE7 - 03-20-2021

Works exactly as expected and my AKG's have never sounded as good as this !!
Most impressed... Smile

RE: Camilla DSP - lurkio - 03-20-2021

Hi all - can I ask the dummies question ?

I'm very interested in DSP for crossovers in DIY speakers 
The things I have read about CamillaDSP mention crossovers but don't go into detail about the hardware side
Presumably there needs to be 2x stereo DACs for a simple woofer/tweeter setup - are these wired into the I2S or plugged into USB or HDMI even ?
Ideally there would be 6 channels, is there any hardware I can buy with multiple channels ? a HAT or something

what can I buy to get me going ??

Tx
Lx

RE: Camilla DSP - bitlab - 03-20-2021

@lurkio  The out of the box implementation with moOde is oriented on single stereo output devices.

Unfortunately I have no experience with multichannel setup with the combination pi&moode&camilladsp myself nor the equipment present to try it out.

But it will require some steps not default present in moOde:
  • Require multi channel output device supported by moOde. I think you have the best chance with USB multi-channel audio interface or multiple stereo USB interfaces.
  (For example see Raspberry Pi multichannel audio interface recommendations)
  • Probally a manual alsa configuration if the multi channel setup is presented as multiple stereo devices. (multichannel to multi stereo devices)
  • Probally manual set of CamillaDSP playback device
In the camilladsp diyaudio thread you see people who use it for crossovers, maybe ask arround there to see if also a Pi was used.

Please let us know if you make any progress.

RE: Camilla DSP - lurkio - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 04:06 PM)bitlab Wrote: @lurkio  The out of the box implementation with moOde is oriented on single stereo output devices.

Unfortunately I have no experience with multichannel setup with the combination pi&moode&camilladsp myself nor the equipment present to try it out.

But it will require some steps not default present in moOde:
  • Require multi channel output device supported by moOde. I think you have the best chance with USB multi-channel audio interface or multiple stereo USB interfaces.
  (For example see Raspberry Pi multichannel audio interface recommendations)
  • Probally a manual alsa configuration if the multi channel setup is presented as multiple stereo devices. (multichannel to multi stereo devices)
  • Probally manual set of CamillaDSP playback device
In the camilladsp diyaudio thread you see people who use it for crossovers, maybe ask arround there to see if also a Pi was used.

Please let us know if you make any progress.

Ah that is a shame, I use a DAC hat to MiniDSP at the moment which works well but gets very pricey especially for anything over 4 channels  - also they don't seem to have solutions to go from the I2S so the signal is analog to digital to analog to digital to analog which doesn't seem a good idea - sounds ok though

I don't think I have the smarts to progress this myself but if anyone has any better ideas I'm all ears

Lx

RE: Camilla DSP - godt2p4 - 03-21-2021

Dears,

I wonder how to play DSD files correctly when Camilla is opened, it appears that audio output is not opened.

Moode Device: Rpi 3B + I2S ak4493

Thanks.

RE: Camilla DSP - jonners - 03-21-2021

Shouldn't this thread be in the FAQ and Guides section?
With its help I've configured Camilla DSP for my old, comfortable Sony MDR-CD1700 cans and it has really cleaned up the sound and brought them into the 21st Century. Thanks to all involved! Smile

RE: Camilla DSP - Tim Curtis - 03-21-2021

Thread has been moved to FAQ and Guides.

RE: Camilla DSP - bitlab - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 01:57 AM)godt2p4 Wrote: Dears,

I wonder how to play DSD files correctly when Camilla is opened, it appears that audio output is not opened.

Moode Device: Rpi 3B + I2S ak4493

Thanks.

When you play DSD content you will have to disable CamillaDSP in the config page manually. Just like with al other signal processing in moOde.
There is no detection to turn it off automatically.