Moode Forum
Wide screen support - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Wide screen support (/showthread.php?tid=5752)

Wide screen support - fongshuyuen - 08-31-2023

Hi everyone,

I have a Waveshare touchscreen 1600 x 600 and would like to make it look like below:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3117]

After a Google search I found that it can be achieved somehow but I still cannot understand. I am able to show the viewport pop-up using a code below:

# Show viewport

moodeutl -q "update cfg_system set value='viewport' where param='pkgid_suffix'"

However nothing happens afterwards. Can anyone tell me what I should do next? Thanks for your reply.

RE: Wide screen support - the_bertrum - 08-31-2023

I believe that for the viewport to show, you need to refresh your display once it is set.
However, assuming you have the local display enabled your display is connected and working, then the "widescreen" format should automatically apply because of moOde's responsive UI.
What do you actually get, if it isn't the widescreen display you expect?

RE: Wide screen support - Tim Curtis - 08-31-2023

(08-31-2023, 09:09 AM)fongshuyuen Wrote: Hi everyone,

I have a Waveshare touchscreen 1600 x 600 and would like to make it look like below:

After a Google search I found that it can be achieved somehow but I still cannot understand. I am able to show the viewport pop-up using a code below:

# Show viewport

However nothing happens afterwards. Can anyone tell me what I should do next? Thanks for your reply.

What is the viewport size shown in the popup?

RE: Wide screen support - fongshuyuen - 08-31-2023

(08-31-2023, 01:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 09:09 AM)fongshuyuen Wrote: Hi everyone,

# Show viewport

What is the viewport size shown in the popup?

1599x599, P/R=1

(08-31-2023, 11:01 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: I believe that for the viewport to show, you need to refresh your display once it is set.
However, assuming you have the local display enabled your display is connected and working, then the "widescreen" format should automatically apply because of moOde's responsive UI.
What do you actually get, if it isn't the widescreen display you expect?

That's why I'm so puzzled. My screen resolutions are 1600 x 600, local dispaly works but some bottom part of the UI is not displayed. And the viewport pops up succefully, but nothing happens afterwards.

The viewport size popup is only for debugging purposes. It does nothing other than display the size and pixel ratio.

The viewport size of 1599 x 599 needs to be added to the CSS to render the WebUI correctly on that display. I'll add to the TODO list for upcoming 8.3.6 (Q3)

(08-31-2023, 02:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The viewport size popup is only for debugging purposes. It does nothing other than display the size and pixel ratio.

The viewport size of 1599 x 599 needs to be added to the CSS to render the WebUI correctly on that display. I'll add to the TODO list for upcoming 8.3.6 (Q3)

I see ... now I get it. Thanks for adding this size to the next release.
I have another display from Waveshare 400 x 1280, does Moode support it?

(08-31-2023, 02:13 PM)fongshuyuen Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 02:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The viewport size popup is only for debugging purposes. It does nothing other than display the size and pixel ratio.

I see ... now I get it. Thanks for adding this size to the next release.
I have another display from Waveshare 400 x 1280, does Moode support it?

Yes, that screen size is coded into the CSS but there is bug that causes some clipping in the text under the cover art in Playback view. I'll see if I can fix that for the upcoming release.