Moode Forum
Library loading fails - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Library loading fails (/showthread.php?tid=6344)

Pages: 1 2 3

Library loading fails - Gustav752 - 03-21-2024

Just made a fresh install of Moode 8.3.9 on a Pi3B/1GB with 32GB SD Card. The library consists of about 80,000 files on a NAS connected via Ethernet.

Everything works fine when using the folder view including thumbnails for all albums. But when switching to album view all I get is a black screen and the message "Library loading".

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

RE: Library loading fails - Tim Curtis - 03-21-2024

What model client are u using (phone, tablet, pc)?

RE: Library loading fails - Gustav752 - 03-21-2024

IPad Air (3.th Generation).

Edit: My Macbook shows the same problem.

Look in the moode startup log for errors.

The log can be viewed via the SSH command moodeutl -l or downloaded via the Logs section in System Config, or via Menu, System info from the any of the Config screens. The startup log will be at the end of System info output.

Hi Tim,

there are hundreds of error messages. All of the same type.

Example:
20240321 145312 thumb-gen: Error: Not a valid FLAC bitstream: NAS/Music/Jazz/Bill Evans/Everybody Digs Bill Evans [1958]/10. Bill Evans - Some Other Time.flac

I checked some of the affected files. They seem to be perfectly ok.

The following log appears after the error messages:

20240321 162651 thumb-gen: Done: 5992 folders scanned, 5982 thumbs created, 10 already in cache.

Just checked. Even the files with "not valid FLAC bitstream" show no problems when accessed via the folder view. The music plays and the album art is shown.

Try the "file" command on one the the Flac files to see if its a valid Flac bitstream.

Code:
file "/mnt/NAS/Music/Jazz/Bill Evans/Everybody Digs Bill Evans [1958]/10. Bill Evans - Some Other Time.flac"

Here's an example from one of my files.

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ file "/mnt/NAS/TRX-NFS-FLAC/Azymuth/Tightrope Walker/01 Tu Mi Delirio.flac"
/mnt/NAS/TRX-NFS-FLAC/Azymuth/Tightrope Walker/01 Tu Mi Delirio.flac: FLAC audio bitstream data, 16 bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz, 11565960 samples

Looks good to a layman like me:

file "/mnt/NAS/Music/Jazz/Bill Evans/Everybody Digs Bill Evans [1958]/10. Bill Evans - Some Other Time.flac"
/mnt/NAS/Music/Jazz/Bill Evans/Everybody Digs Bill Evans [1958]/10. Bill Evans - Some Other Time.flac: Audio file with ID3 vers
ion 2.3.0, contains:FLAC audio bitstream data, 16 bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz, 16334052 samples

RE: Library loading fails - Nutul - 03-21-2024

(03-21-2024, 07:54 PM)Gustav752 Wrote: Looks good to a layman like me:

/mnt/NAS/Music/Jazz/Bill Evans/Everybody Digs Bill Evans [1958]/10. Bill Evans - Some Other Time.flac: Audio file with ID3 vers
ion 2.3.0, contains:FLAC audio bitstream data, 16 bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz, 16334052 samples

The problem is that it has id3v2 metadata tag; probably your tagging software has made a mess (let me guess... iTunes?)
The files do play, of course, but the engine responsible for the cover-art extraction cannot find it, as it expects a Vorbis Comment in a flac file, and not the id3v2.x, which is more typically found in MP3s.

@Nutul

Are you sure that some files tagged in the id3v2 format can be the reason for 'Album View' not working at all in my Moode setup? As said above, Moode finds the cover art when in 'Folder View' but does not load the library when in Cover View.

BTW for tagging I usually use mp3tag in default mode. I don't remember playing around with different ID3 settings. In the past this worked with Moode and it still works fine with Innuos and Minimserver.

Interestingly, entire albums are never affected by this "not valid bistream" error, only individual files. If my tagging is the cause of the problems, I would have expected something else, as I always tag complete albums in the same way.