Moode Forum
[SOLVED] no spotify connect through Headphone Jack (RPi3B) - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] no spotify connect through Headphone Jack (RPi3B) (/showthread.php?tid=6392)

no spotify connect through Headphone Jack (RPi3B) - hashtag - 04-08-2024

Hello all,

I searched through Google, Bing, Copilot, this forums, reddit, etc, but couldn't find a solution to my issue.

I installed moodeaudio on my Raspberry Pi 3B (v1.2) and coupled it to my stereo amp through the headphone jack.
It connected to my network in a matter of seconds and everything "this side" works just fine.
Webradio works just fine.
But when I try to use Spotify Connect the screen changes, Spotify (on Android, Windows and Linux) says, its using the moodeplayer, but there is no audio output. Nothing. When I select "this device" in Spotify app screen goes back to home screen, and everythings works as before.
How can I fix Spotify connect?

Following settings were done:

Audio Output
  • Output device: "PI Headphone Jack"
  • Volume type: "fixed (0dB)" (also tried Hardware and Software, but to no avail)
ALSA
  • Max Volume "99"
  • Output mode "Default"
  • Loopback: Off
  • Multiroom: no config
Renderers\Spotify Connect
  • Service: ON
  • Name: whatever
  • Resume MPD: OFF
  • settings: Bitrate: 320, but also tried default.
Audio Playback Information:
Code:
Input / Output
Source Spotify stream
Source format PCM
Decoded to PCM 16 bit 44.1 kHz, Stereo
Output format PCM 16 bit 44.1 kHz, Stereo, 1.411 Mbps
ALSA mode Default (plughw)
Audio chain Spotify -> plughw -> Device
DSP operations
Resample rate
Selective
CamillaDSP Off
Volume type Fixed (0dB output)
Audio Device
Device Pi Headphone jack
Mixer name PCM
Chip Broadcom SoC
Interface SOC
Formats U8, S16_LE
Platform Pi-3B 1.2 1GB

Can anybody help?

I tried several settings in the "Audio"-settings (like Software/Hardware-volume, ALSA output "Direct"), also in the Spotify Connect-settings.
I found this article: https://www.headphonesty.com/2021/09/introduction-to-moode-audio/
But the mentioned command didn't change anything.

Edit: it seems Bluetooth doesn't work either, nor through my Pixel 7, neither iPhone 14.

How can I use Spotify Connect with my RPi3B over the Headphone Jack?

Thanks in advance.

RE: no spotify connect through Headphone Jack (RPi3B) - the_bertrum - 04-08-2024

What do you have "initial volume" set to in the Spotify Connect settings? I recall this defaults to zero which means you get no sound by default. Spotify Connect volume is controlled by the client device running the Spotify app, so you'll need to turn it up on there or set your initial volume to an appropriate level.

RE: no spotify connect through Headphone Jack (RPi3B) - Tim Curtis - 04-08-2024

Renderer volume is always controlled by the client app. Moode configures its own volume to 0dB so that when client app volume is at 100% (0dB) the overall volume is 0dB.

RE: no spotify connect through Headphone Jack (RPi3B) - hashtag - 04-08-2024

wow, wtf, that was easy. I'm a little embarrassed

I thought I checked this as i pushed "up" in spotify on the smartphone and there was a full white bar. Little did I know it should've been green from the start. Never had this issue with any connect-device before. I'm shocked and very sorry Big Grin

Thank you very much for your answers. It now works absolutely fine.

RE: no spotify connect through Headphone Jack (RPi3B) - the_bertrum - 04-08-2024

No embarrassment my friend.
I once spent an hour rebooting and plugging cables in and out on my moOde player in the bedroom because it wasn't making any sound. My wife came up eventually to ask why I kept turning the radio in the kitchen on and off. I had the wrong player UI up on my phone...

RE: no spotify connect through Headphone Jack (RPi3B) - TheOldPresbyope - 04-08-2024

(04-08-2024, 02:09 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: No embarrassment my friend.
I once spent an hour rebooting and plugging cables in and out on my moOde player in the bedroom because it wasn't making any sound.  My wife came up eventually to ask why I kept turning the radio in the kitchen on and off.  I had the wrong player UI up on my phone...

I resemble this remark?

Then there was the time decades ago I futzed with my apparently "dead" engineering workstation only to discover after 30 min that the previous evening's cleaning crew had helpfully rearranged power cords and left the workstation unplugged from a power strip behind a partition. My secretary was a lot more amused than I was.

As long as we don't actually break things while "fixing" them, right

Regards,
Kent