Moode Forum
[PROBLEM] Some settings not saved correctly - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Some settings not saved correctly (/showthread.php?tid=6399)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Some settings not saved correctly - kurt1970 - 04-09-2024

In my system, following settings are not saved after changing them, even after rebooting:
* Software update: "Norification" always remains off
* Startup options: "Worker response" always remains "default", even after changing it to "Boosted"
* Log: "Reduce logging" always remains "Off".

Anyone similar experience?

Thanls,
Kurt

RE: Some settings not saved correctly - TheOldPresbyope - 04-09-2024

(04-09-2024, 02:42 PM)kurt1970 Wrote: In my system, following settings are not saved after changing them, even after rebooting:
* Software update: "Norification" always remains off
* Startup options: "Worker response" always remains "default", even after changing it to "Boosted"
* Log: "Reduce logging" always remains "Off".

Anyone similar experience?

Thanls,
Kurt

I just checked on a moOde 8.3.9 player and cannot repro your experience. The new settings persist through a reboot.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Some settings not saved correctly - kurt1970 - 04-09-2024

I kept on trying... Thing was that I made all settings at once, and than rebooted the system. I figured out, that if you do one by one, and reboot each time, they get saved. @Tim Curtis any thoughts?
Tx,
Kurt

(04-09-2024, 04:18 PM)kurt1970 Wrote: I kept on trying... Thing was that I made all settings at once, and than rebooted the system. I figured out, that if you do one by one, and reboot each time, they get saved. @Tim Curtis any thoughts?
Tx,
Kurt

Curious. In my case, I first made all the changes and then rebooted.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Some settings not saved correctly - kurt1970 - 04-09-2024

And did you check your changes after reboot? Mine were gone.

(04-09-2024, 06:36 PM)kurt1970 Wrote: And did you check your changes after reboot? Mine were gone.

I don’t want to sound snarky but how else would I know that the changed settings persist through a reboot? Just tried it again to be sure.

I have no idea why you might be having this issue. Posting the output from moodeutl -l after a restart  is always a good first step.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Some settings not saved correctly - kurt1970 - 04-10-2024

I just checked, and the above mentioned settings were back to default. I noticed the same for the "Mount monitor" that was switched off, while I turned it on.
I set everyhting as I want it once agian, rebooted, and settings are still there. That was also the case yesterday, but for one reason ot another, today they were gone again. This was also confirmed by the moodeutl -l output. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out yet how to reproduce the loss of the settings..

RE: Some settings not saved correctly - Tim Curtis - 04-10-2024

Is this a fresh 8.3.9 image?

RE: Some settings not saved correctly - kurt1970 - 04-10-2024

yes, it is

RE: Some settings not saved correctly - DRONE7 - 04-10-2024

You've cleared your browser cache and bookmark ?