Moode Forum
(bug) Auto-Shuffle: toggling random on a non-empty queue adds an album - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: (bug) Auto-Shuffle: toggling random on a non-empty queue adds an album (/showthread.php?tid=6453)

(bug) Auto-Shuffle: toggling random on a non-empty queue adds an album - PJVervoorn - 05-05-2024

When testing 9.0.0, I found a (small) issue.
I confirmed it also happens on 8.9.3.

I mostly use Auto Shuffle in Album mode.
When you pause the player, and then switch off Random and switch it back on again, it adds an album, like the queue was empty and starts playing from there.
The previous queued items are not cleared and ignored (i.e. not played/removed.)

RE: (bug) Auto-Shuffle: toggling random on a non-empty queue adds an album - Tim Curtis - 05-05-2024

IIRC thats the way its always worked.

RE: (bug) Auto-Shuffle: toggling random on a non-empty queue adds an album - PJVervoorn - 05-05-2024

(05-05-2024, 10:43 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: IIRC thats the way its always worked.

Then it was always wrong Wink
I would expect that if I pause track 1 from 9 and then switch on random, it would continue at track 1.

BTW, 9.0.0 works OK for me, zero issues in the short time I tried it (Zero 2W, playing from NAS and with Camilla PEQ).

RE: (bug) Auto-Shuffle: toggling random on a non-empty queue adds an album - Tim Curtis - 05-05-2024

lol

When you turn auto-shuffle random play off it does not retain any knowledge of what it previously placed in the Queue. It's because there is no guarantee the items are still going to be there and in the same position when it's turned back on. They could have been manually deleted or moved.

RE: (bug) Auto-Shuffle: toggling random on a non-empty queue adds an album - swizzle - 05-06-2024

The only way to do what you want would be to add separate buttons for random and auto shuffle and do you really want a more cluttered interface?

RE: (bug) Auto-Shuffle: toggling random on a non-empty queue adds an album - PJVervoorn - 05-06-2024

(05-06-2024, 03:02 AM)swizzle Wrote: The only way to do what you want would be to add separate buttons for random and auto shuffle and do you really want a more cluttered interface?

No, it is not the only way, in my first post I mention the items are not played or removed.
Apparently playing is not an option.
However, it would probably not be very difficult to clear the queue, when you switch on Random in Auto Shuffle mode.

RE: (bug) Auto-Shuffle: toggling random on a non-empty queue adds an album - Tim Curtis - 05-06-2024

(05-06-2024, 07:23 AM)PJVervoorn Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 03:02 AM)swizzle Wrote: The only way to do what you want would be to add separate buttons for random and auto shuffle and do you really want a more cluttered interface?

No, it is not the only way, in my first post I mention the items are not played or removed.
Apparently playing is not an option.
However, it would probably not be very difficult to clear the queue, when you switch on Random in Auto Shuffle mode.

It could be automatically done but I don't recall any prior requests for this so my assumption is that most users are ok with how it currently works. If there are more requests then maybe an option could be added for example "Clear queue before starting random play" or something like that.

In the meantime just do a "Clear queue" before turning it on.