Moode Forum
Bluetooth Headphones - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Bluetooth Headphones (/showthread.php?tid=695)

Pages: 1 2

Bluetooth Headphones - BryceJ - 11-18-2018

Hi, I have a couple of bluetooth related questions:

Should I be able to listen to music from my moOde player with bluetooth headphones? I have a pair of Philips bluetooth headphones but moOde doesn't seem to see them when I do a bluetooth device scan.

What does the Speaker sharing switch do in the Audio Config tab? The help says "Allow the Bluetooth speaker to be shared by multiple clients." but I don't understand that in the context of the moOde player.

Cheers, Bryce.

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - Tim Curtis - 11-18-2018

Bluetooth speaker sharing allows two or more clients to simultaneously be connected to moOde Bluethooth and each client can interrupt the other for playback.

On IOS devices a popup appears when another client starts playing.

[attachment=332] [attachment=333]

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - Clayton - 11-30-2018

[quote pid='5390' dateline='1542509073']
I too am having some issues with Bluetooth and pairing my BT headphones with Moode. I can pair my phone and stream music to Moode but I can't seem to pair either of my 2 BT headphones to Moode. I have search many forums and posts but haven't really found anything to assist. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Clayton

[/quote]

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - Tim Curtis - 11-30-2018

What model BT headphones are they?

I don't have any BT headphones so can't offer any help but other users that have same or similar headphones may be able to help out.

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - UpsiUps - 11-30-2018

In general it should work out of the box: I tried it with my Sony WH-1000XM2 and it worked fine. Maybe one hint: headphones normaly only connect to one source. So I needed to disconnect the headphones from my iPhone and then put in visible mode again.
Then moode-bt -> scan device, moode-bt-> pair device , moode-bt-> connect device and finally moode-bt -> switch mdp from local to bt

Another hint: I have disabled the volume during my S/PDIF connection to the speakers.So when switching to BT, the volume control switch to software back and is down to zero and needed to be increased to hear something.

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - Clayton - 12-03-2018

Thank you for all the replies. I have 2 pairs of BT headphones one is Microlabs T1 and the other is Signify (unsure of model number). I have tried switching all other bluetooth devices etc, but without success. I'll give that volume thing a try when I get the chance. I have been successful in pairing my phone so I know audio via bluetooth TO Moode works, just haven't been able to play audio via bluetooth TO headphones as yet.
Clayton

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - Clayton - 12-03-2018

Yay! I got Moode streaming g over wifi and piping music over Bluetooth to my headphones (exactly what I was after) after persisting trying to  connect my BT headphones use the webUI on my PC I decided to try it using  my phone (for no reason ) and it worked perfectly. Thanks all for your help
Clayton

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - BryceJ - 12-05-2018

I think you are correct about the multiple devices in the environment. I turned off the bluetooth on my phone and tablet as was able to connect to my headphones.

Thanks for the help.

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - wmoecke - 03-09-2021

Hi, I cannot get audio from moode to my BT headphones. I did all of the above, the phones are paired, then connected, then the UI displays "Bluetooth" and whatever was playing is stopped. When I hit the "play" button, playback resumes but audio still comes out of the speakers, not through the bluetooth headphones (although it is reported as connected and the headphones also report as connected).

On the other hand, when I connect a BT audio source (e.g., a CD player with BT capability that I have), it connects to moode as above (with the UI displaying "Bluetooth"), moode reproduces the audio coming from the source. But I cannot get it to work the other way around (moode audio streamed to the BT headphones).

I don't know what else to do.

RE: Bluetooth Headphones - TheOldPresbyope - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 07:21 PM)wmoecke Wrote: Hi, I cannot get audio from moode to my BT headphones. I did all of the above, the phones are paired, then connected, then the UI says "Bluethooth". When I hit the play button, audio still comes out of the speakers, not the bluetooth headset (although it is reported as connected and the headphones also report as connected).

When I pair a BT audio source (such as a CD player with BT capability) it connects to moode and when I get the UI saying "Bluetooth" moode reproduces the audio coming from the source. But not the other way around.

I don't know what else to do.

Before leaving the Bluez Config page did you take the final step of setting MPD Audio output -> Bluetooth?

Attached is a screen-capture example where I had scanned, paired with, and connected to a Plantronics headset I happened to have on hand. Once connected, I switched the output to Bluetooth.

Regards,
Kent