Moode Forum
Tidal Master on MoOde Audio - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Tidal Master on MoOde Audio (/showthread.php?tid=899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Tidal Master on MoOde Audio - hnnaum - 09-26-2019

Thanks for the info, i heard that amazon hd streaming was released, but the country i live in is not supported. I also want to use the MQA option when I am already paying for tidal and have a DAC that supports it. it is interesting that I have asked the same question in several places (in various forums) and nobody answered me. Obviously, I will have to learn from mistakes and attempts. I still don't know which system to choose Moode or Volumio or DietPi or Max2Play....

RE: Tidal Master on MoOde Audio - jonners - 09-26-2019

@hnnaum

I have used Bubble UPnP on my Android tablet to stream Tidal to Moode. In Bubble you can select MoodeUPnP as both Renderer and Media Server. It's then possible to use Bubble to load a playlist into Moode and control playback of it from Moode, even with Bubble closed or the phone/tablet turned off. To change the playlist you would of course have to open Bubble again.
To do the above you would need to go into the Moode Audio settings and turn on 'UPnP Client for MPD' and 'UPnP media browser'. Also enter your Tidal credentials in the UPnP config.
I have no knowledge of MQA though.
Edit: Tim's take on MQA: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=899&pid=7161#pid7161

RE: Tidal Master on MoOde Audio - Tim Curtis - 09-26-2019

Amazon's choice to use Open Source FLAC format could be a true game changer for the music streaming industry :-)

RE: Tidal Master on MoOde Audio - jonners - 09-26-2019

(09-26-2019, 09:06 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Amazon's choice to use Open Source FLAC format could be a true u changer for the music streaming industry :-)

I've taken up the free trial but having to stream over Airplay brings the frustration of frequent glitches in my system.

RE: Tidal Master on MoOde Audio - Tim Curtis - 09-26-2019

It's not normal to have glitches. Have you ever figured out the cause?

I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon at some point releases a casting protocol and an API, hopefully both Open Source.

RE: Tidal Master on MoOde Audio - jonners - 09-27-2019

(09-26-2019, 10:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's not normal to have glitches. Have you ever figured out the cause?

I'm pretty sure it's deficiences in the wifi. It often happens if I use my laptop while music is playing. I seldom get problems when streaming over UPnP though, so I think Airplay must be more demanding of the wifi quality.

RE: Tidal Master on MoOde Audio - kit1cat - 09-27-2019

(09-27-2019, 07:42 AM)jonners Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's not normal to have glitches. Have you ever figured out the cause?

I'm pretty sure it's deficiences in the wifi. It often happens if I use my laptop while music is playing. I seldom get problems when streaming over UPnP though, so I think Airplay must be more demanding of the wifi quality.

I have been having similar problems, sometimes when I use a app on my second ipad the music I am playing breaks up. This has happened in the past using other music app's with airplay.

RE: Tidal Master on MoOde Audio - grasshopper - 09-27-2019

(09-26-2019, 06:56 PM)hnnaum Wrote: Thanks for the info, i heard that amazon hd streaming was released, but the country i live in is not supported. I also want to use the MQA option when I am already paying for tidal and have a DAC that supports it. it is interesting that I have asked the same question in several places (in various forums) and nobody answered me. Obviously, I will have to learn from mistakes and attempts. I still don't know which system to choose Moode or Volumio or DietPi or Max2Play....

MQA isn't supported in Moode & it was mentioned earlier that it never will be.  Unfortunate that Amazon HD is not an option for you.  Volumio may be the way to go if you want MQA, I know if you subscribe you get Tidal integration but it costs a yearly fee I believe.

RE: Tidal Master on MoOde Audio - Tim Curtis - 09-27-2019

MQA is a patented, proprietary system with a restrictive license and required fees that have to be paid to use it. There are no implementations of MQA in Open Source audio players because it's illegal to do so. The purpose of the MQA system is to extract revenue from the recording, distribution and playback of music. It has nothing to do with quality because the format uses lossy compression.

The success of proprietary systems like MQA depends entirely on whether major companies in the music and audio electronics industry adopt the system and force it on consumers. This would require them to pay the MQA patent holder the required annual licensing fees, and yes, these fees would be passed on to the consumer in the form of higher prices. It's the listener that pays for systems like MQA.

Thankfully, Amazon adopted Open Source FLAC (100% lossless) for their HD Music service. This would appear to be a death sentence for MQA. There is simply no need anymore for any company to adopt it.

RE: Tidal Master on MoOde Audio - kelseyj - 10-14-2020

New to MoOde here. I've tried Tidal HiFi for nearly 3 months and consider keeping it. I am curious that if we use recording tool like WASAPI(I mean Audacity) or like Audfree Tidal converter, will it be able to preserve the master quality of some tracks?