Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Include DLNA/UPnP server sources in Browse panel
I would love it if the Moode web UI's Browse panel showed DLNA/UPnP server sources displayed as browsable libraries just as local library sources and internet radio stations are shown.

I have an instance of Volumio2 running on an ODORID C2 in which this is enabled, my JRiver (generic) DLNA server library is loaded and accessible via the Browse panel in that web UI.

Could Moode on RPi offer the same via it's web UI?
Hi,

This used to be in really old moOde versions but it was rarely reported as being used, and occasionally would become a support issue because some users would also make a NAS mount to the same server and forget to turn off the UPnP mount thus causing the songs to get indexed twice by MPD.

This is the code thats used to discover and mount UPnP Media Servers as a Linux file systems. Its available in the Raspbian repos.
https://github.com/mbarbon/djmount

Code:
sudo apt-get install djmount

Is there an advantage to mounting UPnP Media server as opposed to making a NAS mount to the same server?
-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I would second this request.
I actually used an old version of Moodeaudio a long time ago and I did use this.
The main advantage for me is this:
i have a music collection on a server that is not always on.
To actually mount through NFS means that I have to make sure that server is on before starting moode.
When using dlna discovery, I only have to make sure it is on when I want to play something from that server.
As radio stations is a local affair, it would happen quite often that moode already plays radio, and that I would switch to music on that server at a later point in time.

thanks,

Hendrik-Jan

P.S. checking out djmount now...
Hi,

Below is a config and the launch code from the old moOde version. I haven't tried it but if you would like to test it out and report results then I can how it might be reintegrated into moOde.

Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/UPNP
sudo ln -s /mnt/UPNP /var/lib/mpd/music/UPNP

djmount -o allow_other,nonempty,iocharset=utf-8 /mnt/UPNP > /dev/null 2>&1 &

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(04-22-2018, 01:39 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Below is a config and the launch code from the old moOde version. I haven't tried it but if you would like to test it out and report results then I can how it might be reintegrated into moOde.

Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/UPNP

-Tim

Thanks Tim, I'll test this today!
Thanks,

will test too!

Hendrik-Jan
(04-22-2018, 01:39 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/UPNP

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Ok I think all is going well, I now see a folder titled UPNP in the Browse panel, and that browse panel shows as "Updating" with a rotating circular arrow indicating activity.

I've got over 13,000 tracks, so I guess this scan part will take some time:

[Image: screen-shot-2018-04-22-at-12-12-51-pm-jpg.5867]
Hi Tim,

Never mind, it now works. I needed to run mpd update on the database...
This is actually very cool... I now have the complete list available also when the server is off. just switching it on, makes it possible to play, no manual mounting or rebooting required.

I see that I actually get a completely updated tree structure in /mnt/UPNP
However, I do not get a browsable "UPNP" entry in the browse panel
Running MoodeAudio 4.1

Hendrik-Jan
Hi,

Thanks for testing and verifying that it works. I'll have to think about possibly re-adding this to moOde but also seeing if its possible to prevent having both the UPNP mount and a NAS mount to the same source because then there will be duplicate entries in MPD database.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(04-22-2018, 04:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for testing and verifying that it works. I'll have to think about possibly re-adding this to moOde but also seeing if its possible to prevent having both the UPNP mount and a NAS mount to the same source because then there will be duplicate entries in MPD database.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Just a quick follow-up on this one, after about 6 hours of showing the screen shot I posted above, I looked in the UPNP folder and there was nothing indexed. 
I waited a bit longer and then closed/reopened the browser, at which point it was no longer indicating "updating" and again it showed nothing indexed.
After rebooting the unit, the UPNP folder was gone, so something on my system (RPi3b + Moode 4.1) didn't allow for the actual scan/index to yield a result.
I'm wondering how @hjheins made out with his test?

Thanks,
Mike