Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Orchard Audio PecanPi DAC
(03-10-2019, 07:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Do I understand correctly that you are charging your customers $100 for the five minutes it takes to burn a moOde image to an SDCard?

No, burning the SD card take only 5 minutes, but then it takes 2+ hours for the first boot to complete, and then I have to go and setup the overlay and other settings so that DAC works, and there is zero work for the customer.

If you tell me that I am wrong and provide a way to to everything in 5 minutes than I will change the pricing structure back to match the other software options.

I would not charge 100 just for buring SD card.
How do you like them apples?
www.orchardaudio.com
moOde has been available as a ready-to-use ISO image since Sep 30, 2018. It's entirely your company's responsibility to keep up with the current state of the software products and releases you choose to redistribute to your customers.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-10-2019, 07:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde has been available as a ready-to-use ISO image since Sep 30, 2018. It's entirely your company's responsibility to keep up with the current state of the software products and releases you choose to redistribute to your customers.

Thank you for letting me know. I was was not aware of this and the pricing on the website is already updated. Last time I did moOde install was before the date you mentioned.
www.orchardaudio.com
That's better now Smile
Specifications for XLR Output:
-- Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): 130dB (A-weighted)
-- Dynamic Range (DNR): 125dB
-- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N): -110dB or 0.0003%
-- Output Voltage: 5Vrms

Specifications for RCA Output:
-- Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): 124dB (A-weighted)
-- Dynamic Range (DNR): 121dB
-- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N): -110dB or 0.0003%
-- Output Voltage: 2.5Vrms
www.orchardaudio.com
I have had multiple questions regarding volume control on the unit.

The volume control can be either through the knob on the unit or through software when you control the device remotely.

The HW volume control on the unit (knob) will be better than to the SW one. Both will sound great.
www.orchardaudio.com
First review / writeup on the PecanPi:
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic...rypi-dacs/

Some quotes from the writeup:
"I know very well how the SBT and AudioEngine 5+ powered speakers sound, but even as I was being somewhat distracted by enabling this new RPi endpoint in Roon, my focus was immediately drawn to the music when I started up Jean Michel Jarre’s latest “Equinoxe Infinity” (via Tidal). It’s a new reference recording, and I immediately noticed a significant sound quality improvement. Granted the SBT is probably a better streamer than DAC, but holy cow! The stereo imaging on Flying Totems (Movement 2) was outstanding, and the bass much, much tighter. Everything was just better."

"The bass is huge and the imaging is precise. Way better than I thought possible. I even forgot about wanting to add a subwoofer. My wife even commented on how great it sounded and wants me to now set up something at her office. What just happened?!?"
www.orchardaudio.com
Video 
Link to how-to video for assembly of PecanPi DAC into optional case:

www.orchardaudio.com
The PecanPi has received two glowing reviews recently. 

Adam LaBarge - The Audio Beatnik
"...when I used the PecanPi amplified by the Burson Soloist, I was able to experience some of the best and most solid sound that I’ve heard..." 
and 
"I continue to be very impressed by Orchard Audio’s products, and Leo has done an outstanding job with the new PecanPi music streamer." 
Full review here: 
https://theaudiobeatnik.com/reviewing-or...r-and-dac/ 

Paul Rigby - The Audiophile Man 
“The PecanPi sits within an attractive price point and at that price it offers plenty: impressive sonic abilities being top of the list. Specifically, an attractive blend of dynamic force, rich imagery and layered detail.”
Full review here: 
https://theaudiophileman.com/pecanpi-dac...ard-audio/ 

Preorder pricing ends May 31st.
www.orchardaudio.com
Another great write-up:
https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthre...ost1087525
www.orchardaudio.com