Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Playback return from config windows
At the top of the config windows is a tab menu for...Library Audio Network System ...

Can we add 'Playback' to that instead of having to mouse-top-left and click several times (depending on how far drilled down we are into Audio etc)
like the old tabs at the bottom in previous releases

Smile
----------
bob
+1
And could the player boot up to show the Playback screen rather than the System?
(04-13-2019, 08:57 AM)jonner Wrote: And could the player boot up to show the Playback screen rather than the System?

that's odd....mine always boots to the playback tab.....I thought that was the default behaviour... Smile
----------
bob
Yes it seems odd to me that both my players (using 5.0-RC0) boot to the System screen. Have I missed a setting somewhere? Or do I need to move to RC1?
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
Johan

Agreed, if I reboot it returns to the last screen. But if I power down completely it returns to the System screen.
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
Thanks, that was it, good thinking! The IP address was remaining at moode.local, but after I set a new bookmark from the Player page it now boots back to that page.
we seem to have moved a little away from the original post so at the risk of re-railing the thread here is it repeated... Wink

At the top of the config windows is a tab menu for...Library Audio Network System ...

Can we add 'Playback' to that instead of having to mouse-top-left and click several times (depending on how far drilled down we are into Audio etc)

Smile
----------
bob
(04-13-2019, 09:05 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: we seem to have moved a little away from the original post so at the risk of re-railing the thread here is it repeated... Wink

Smile

Playback wouldn’t be appropriate as you may not be returning to the playback screen. We used to have Exit for a bit, and could do that in the future depending on Tim’s schedule, but really we need to redo the configuration section as it’s old and slow.

As a developer though while replacing it would be ideal it’s the kind of thing where as clunky as the current system is it works, and most people interact with it very rarely, and it’d require a significant investment of time, so it’s hard to justify. If anyone is looking for a Summer coding project though... Wink