Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Hi Jem

If you try to work out a specific sequence of events that produce the error for you then you may be able to find a solution. Experiment. Leave the player on the radio for a long time. Does it fail? If it fails on a play list of local files the then restart the player and try playing the files before and after what was playing when the error occured. Etc.

Adrian.
Hi Adrian,
did you update anything for 7.5?
(11-12-2021, 07:49 PM)Alaini93 Wrote: Hi Adrian,
did you update anything for 7.5?

Hello Alaini93,
works for me with 7.5.0.
Just use the instructions from Adrian ....
Code:
sudo systemctl status mpd_oled
● mpd_oled.service - MPD OLED Display
  Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/mpd_oled.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
  Active: active (running) since Thu 2021-11-11 17:34:53 CET; 1 day 3h ago
 Process: 369 ExecStartPre=/usr/local/bin/mpd_oled_launch_test (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 1047 (mpd_oled)
   Tasks: 5 (limit: 2059)
  CGroup: /system.slice/mpd_oled.service
          ├─1047 /usr/local/bin/mpd_oled -o 6 -b 10 -g 1 -f 20 -c alsa,plughw:Loopback,1
          ├─4876 sh -c mpd_oled_cava -p /tmp/cava_config_8pFNQW
          └─4877 mpd_oled_cava -p /tmp/cava_config_8pFNQW
ok thanks
Dear Adrian,

I have a strange problem, when I use the OLED software follow the instruction as usual 
and playing Spotify it starts to hike in the songs I play

I have two Audiophonics DAC 9038MKII used for the mini-kit and the 9023 DAC
switch off the Direct (HW) there is no hike

using Moode 7.30/7.41/7.50
RPI 3b

What can be the problem

thanks Jem
Hi Jem

I do not understand the word "hike" in your message. Is your problem anything like this?

https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=3531

Adrian.
(11-16-2021, 09:12 AM)adrii Wrote: Hi Jem

I do not understand the word "hike" in your message. Is your problem anything like this?

https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=3531

Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

interruption of sound (stutter)

Jem
Hi Jem

Ok. I am not clear exactly what you are doing and on what equipment, but you could check CPU usage while the stuttering is happening in case this is the cause.

Configure your system so the stuttering will never happen. Play Spotify, and in a termal run 'top' and press the key '1' (to show all cores). Note the approximate CPU% values.

E.g. my Pi4 is doing very little and the 'id' column says the Pi is almost completely idle

Code:
%Cpu0  :  0.0 us,  0.0 sy,  0.0 ni,100.0 id
%Cpu1  :  0.0 us,  0.0 sy,  0.0 ni,100.0 id
%Cpu2  :  0.3 us,  0.3 sy,  0.0 ni, 99.3 id
%Cpu3  :  0.0 us,  0.0 sy,  0.0 ni,100.0 id

Now configure your system so the stuttering will happen. Play Spotify and in a termal run 'top' and press the key '1' (to show all cores). Compare the CPU% values when the audio is stuttering to what you saw before. Are some cores near 100% busy (0% idle)?

Otherwise, it may be an ALSA configuration issue, possibly with some interaction with librespot, and I won't realistically be able to help with this.

Adrian.
(11-16-2021, 10:17 AM)adrii Wrote: Hi Jem

Ok. I am not clear exactly what you are doing and on what equipment, but you could check CPU usage while the stuttering is happening in case this is the cause.

Configure your system so the stuttering will never happen. Play Spotify, and in a termal run 'top' and press the key '1' (to show all cores). Note the approximate CPU% values.

E.g. my Pi4 is doing very little and the 'id' column says the Pi is almost completely idle

Code:
%Cpu0  :  0.0 us,  0.0 sy,  0.0 ni,100.0 id
%Cpu1  :  0.0 us,  0.0 sy,  0.0 ni,100.0 id
%Cpu2  :  0.3 us,  0.3 sy,  0.0 ni, 99.3 id
%Cpu3  :  0.0 us,  0.0 sy,  0.0 ni,100.0 id

Now configure your system so the stuttering will happen. Play Spotify and in a termal run 'top' and press the key '1' (to show all cores). Compare the CPU% values when the audio is stuttering to what you saw before. Are some cores near 100% busy (0% idle)?

Otherwise, it may be an ALSA configuration issue, possibly with some interaction with librespot, and I won't realistically be able to help with this.

Adrian.

Adrian,

I online have it with Spotify.
Not without playing from USB or Radio

It skip during playing

I check 

Jem
hello all, i am very interested on setting up his screen...
does it work with the new pi zero 2 w?
are there step by step set up instructions for dummies somewhere?

thanks a lot!