Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Play a sound at Moode startup
I am using Moode over Raspberry Pi 3 as my music player.

It works great and I control it via my phone using moode.local

All though the start is pretty quick, it would be great if there could be a startup sound after boot is completed and player is ready. As I use it headless with no attached display, it will be very helpful!
Just turn on "Autoplay after start" from the Audio configuration menu.... that will make a sound....any sound you like !
----------
bob
The request for a startup chime has come up before. Whats the usage scenario where it would be useful?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-30-2019, 03:23 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The request for a startup chime has come up before. Whats the usage scenario where it would be useful?
Essentially this startup chime is to tell the user that Moode is up and running and you can access via http://moode.local.

I have to screen connected to the Pi to know that its up and running
The start up sound was one of the few features I liked on Volumio, it lets you know your pi is up and running without having to load the web UI. My pi is downstairs, I sometimes need to use my computer upstairs to edit settings etc.
(07-30-2019, 03:23 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The request for a startup chime has come up before. Whats the usage scenario where it would be useful?

1) My Topping E30 display flickers between the volume and 45.15 until I play music.
2) The E30 makes a popping sound when you switch between bitrates and this includes when it starts playing the first song! Good to get this pop over with before you start listening properly.
3) Playing a short, quiet sound at startup is a good nondestructive way of noticing that your dac/amp was set very loud during your last session!
4) Takes a minute or so to boot up on slow devices so this alerts you that you're ready to start listening.
5) It worked for winamp!
I support this idea!  

Furthermore that my NAD d3045 amplifier is playing a very loud white noise on PI (re)starts when USB connection is established.  The NAD screen also displays DSD doing so, weird.   White noise vanish completely and music is playing fine as soon as i start a music track and only reappear following a PI restart.    I guess if an automatic sound is played at startup, it would fix this issue as well.
(08-04-2021, 09:07 PM)Pea_Soup Wrote: I support this idea!  

Furthermore that my NAD d3045 amplifier is playing a very loud white noise on PI (re)starts when USB connection is established.  The NAD screen also displays DSD doing so, weird.   White noise vanish completely and music is playing fine as soon as i start a music track and only reappear following a PI restart.    I guess if an automatic sound is played at startup, it would fix this issue as well.

Meantime go to the 'Audio' tab and under 'MPD Options' there is 'Autoplay after start' This will play the last track played on a restart.
----------
bob