Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 6 sound quality
(09-22-2019, 03:46 PM)Vhond Wrote: @fmaxwell : I can tell I also heard some tweaks which didn't sound better although you might have expected it would because of better latency values... ;  )

I didn't feel a ghostly presence in an old castle where you might expect a ghost to be, so when I do feel a ghostly presence somewhere else, there really is a ghost.   Big Grin
Cheers,
  Miss Sissy Princess
I had the oportunity of trying all Moode versions since 3.8.4 until 6.  I have to agree with Vhound that 3.8.4 is still the best sounding version in my setup even without RT.  I notice the sound more balanced, neutral and very detailed.  With my studio monitors, I find 4.x with loud mids and low highs and 5.x just the reverse. I liked the sound in 6.x more balanced that 4 and 5 in my opinion . Besides that, what I most like in Moode 6 is that it is very stable, fast and fluid. Moreover, there's a small fading when changing the volume and on pause that makes the listening more enjoyable . As a donator, I really like Moode and I want to thank all the people working on it!!
(10-27-2019, 01:33 PM)SkripT Wrote: I had the oportunity of trying all Moode versions since 3.8.4 until 6.  I have to agree with Vhound that 3.8.4 is still the best sounding version in my setup even without RT.  I notice the sound more balanced, neutral and very detailed.  With my studio monitors, I find 4.x with loud mids and low highs and 5.x just the reverse. I liked the sound in 6.x more balanced that 4 and 5 in my opinion . Besides that, what I most like in Moode 6 is that it is very stable, fast and fluid. Moreover, there's a small fading when changing the volume and on pause that makes the listening more enjoyable .  As a donator, I really like Moode and I want to thank all the people working on it!!

Hi SkripT, I'm curious - is Edward's tweak in your setup(s)?
(10-27-2019, 10:14 PM)ferdzb Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 01:33 PM)SkripT Wrote: I had the oportunity of trying all Moode versions since 3.8.4 until 6.  I have to agree with Vhound that 3.8.4 is still the best sounding version in my setup even without RT.  I notice the sound more balanced, neutral and very detailed.  With my studio monitors, I find 4.x with loud mids and low highs and 5.x just the reverse. I liked the sound in 6.x more balanced that 4 and 5 in my opinion . Besides that, what I most like in Moode 6 is that it is very stable, fast and fluid. Moreover, there's a small fading when changing the volume and on pause that makes the listening more enjoyable .  As a donator, I really like Moode and I want to thank all the people working on it!!

Hi SkripT, I'm curious - is Edward's tweak in your setup(s)?

Hi ferdzb. I tried Edward's tweaks in Moode 4 and 5. I liked the sound in Moode 4 tweaked but it gave me several problems with audio glitches. When I tweaked Moode 5 I didn't liked the sound at all. I found it very loud and raw with more frontal than wider scene.

Hello SkripT,

Just wondering what version of RPi are you using to run 3.8.4 and 6 ?

Thanks

hifix.
(10-29-2019, 09:13 PM)hifix Wrote:

Hello SkripT,

Thanks

hifix.

Hi hifix. I managed to run 3.8.4 on a Raspberry 3b+
(10-29-2019, 09:55 PM)SkripT Wrote:

Hello SkripT,

Thanks

hifix.

Hello SkripT,

Thank you for the feedback.
Did you have to do any work arounds to get 3.84 to work with the 3B+ ?
Could you install the RT kernel on the B+ and are there any limitations with the old software and new hardware ?

I have to purchase a new Pi and would like to get the newest one possible that has the flexibility of running the old software.  I'm still running 3.84 in my music setup.
(10-30-2019, 06:11 AM)hifix Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:55 PM)SkripT Wrote:

Hello SkripT,

Thanks

hifix.

Hello SkripT,

Thank you for the feedback.
Did you have to do any work arounds to get 3.84 to work with the 3B+ ?
Could you install the RT kernel on the B+ and are there any limitations with the old software and new hardware ?

I have to purchase a new Pi and would like to get the newest one possible that has the flexibility of running the old software.  I'm still running 3.84 in my music setup.

Hello hifix.  I had to update the raspberry pi firmware in order to boot the 3.8.4 version on a raspberry 3b+.  I had troubles with the builtin wifi adapter. I changed the region country and updated the drivers.  I don't use bluetooth so i don't know if it works. Right now i'm trying to install the RT kernel. With the normal kernel I was suprised how good sounds.

Edit: RT FIFO is working too
(10-30-2019, 10:20 PM)SkripT Wrote: Hello hifix.  I had to update the raspberry pi firmware in order to boot the 3.8.4 version on a raspberry 3b+.  I had troubles with the builtin wifi adapter. I changed the region country and updated the drivers.  I don't use bluetooth so i don't know if it works. Right now i'm trying to install the RT kernel. With the normal kernel I was suprised how good sounds.

Edit: RT FIFO is working too

Thanks for the feedback SkriptT,

Did you manage to get RT RR going ?
Always is a pleasure to help. Yes RR is working!