Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Allo USBridge Signature
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
(09-29-2019, 12:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

I'm not sure what version of moOde or Linux kernel Allo is using on the SDCard they bundle with the SIG but applying an in-place update, assuming it completed successfully, would not cause loss of Ethernet function. The update would however, depending on which kernel Allo used, revert the ASIX Ethernet/USB driver to stock. This would just mean that the USB port would run at a lower data rate than with the enhanced ASIX driver.

Did u monitor the in-place update via ssh command moodeutl -l ??

A stock moOde 6.2.0 image followed by the 6.2.1 update should work fine on the SIG. That's what I used for testing and for building the upcoming 6.3.0 release.

-Tim
On 6.2.1 should 24/96 files be fine on SIG over USB or will the USB driver be an issue?
Same file plays fine through Katana but via USB to a Metrum Onyx (should be good for up to 24/384 over USB) I get momentary burbles/drop outs.

Second question, I see in your Isolator-less stack you have extra spacers between SIG and Katana - was this the minimum needed to clear the components on the underside of the Katana board?
 Thank you
Right, u will need taller standoffs for certain boards.

AFAIK the USB port on the SIG is capable of up to 32/768K using the standard USB audio driver in Linux.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-06-2019, 01:41 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Right, u will need taller standoffs for certain boards.

AFAIK the USB port on the SIG is capable of up to 32/768K using the standard USB audio driver in Linux.

Thanks Tim.

Just on the 24/96 question, I tried the Pi that I had been using with Katana, stock 3B+, moOde 4.4 played the same file, input also from an attached USB drive, then into the same DAC. Plays fine from the 3B+.
Very odd.

Zip up the file and email me a download link. I'll see if I can repro.
Enjoy the Music!
(10-06-2019, 08:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Very odd.

It’s not just the one file though. I don’t have much in high res but it’s more noticeable on this one but not confined to it. I just want to try a few other things here, to eliminate variables, but thank you.

Have e-mailed you a link just now Tim.
(10-05-2019, 09:34 AM)weaver Wrote:

I'm not sure what version of moOde or Linux kernel Allo is using on the SDCard they bundle with the SIG but applying an in-place update, assuming it completed successfully, would not cause loss of Ethernet function. The update would however, depending on which kernel Allo used, revert the ASIX Ethernet/USB driver to stock. This would just mean that the USB port would run at a lower data rate than with the enhanced ASIX driver.

A stock moOde 6.2.0 image followed by the 6.2.1 update should work fine on the SIG. That's what I used for testing and for building the upcoming 6.3.0 release.

-Tim
On 6.2.1 should 24/96 files be fine on SIG over USB or will the USB driver be an issue?
Same file plays fine through Katana but via USB to a Metrum Onyx (should be good for up to 24/384 over USB) I get momentary burbles/drop outs.

Second question, I see in your Isolator-less stack you have extra spacers between SIG and Katana - was this the minimum needed to clear the components on the underside of the Katana board?
 Thank you

Have you tried the USB (UAC2) fix? Below is the ( i ) help.

"Try this fix if experiencing audio glitches with USB High Speed (UAC2) audio devices."

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(10-07-2019, 09:31 AM)weaver Wrote:

Have e-mailed you a link just now Tim.

Hi,

I have the files but won't be able to test until later in the week.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(10-07-2019, 04:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 09:34 AM)weaver Wrote:

-Tim

Thank you

Have you tried the USB (UAC2) fix? Below is the ( i ) help.

"Try this fix if experiencing audio glitches with USB High Speed (UAC2) audio devices."

-Tim
I hadn’t tried the USB fix but I have now - no improvement though (the only noticeable difference was that a soft re-boot didn’t work, it hung after trying to restart from moOde so unplugged and then it rebooted properly).
Have also tried SoX resampling options; resampling from 24/96 to 24/96 (just to see) definitely made it worse, 16/44.1 with multi-threading on was the best I got it.