Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Allo USBridge Signature
@allo.com Although I love what the USBridge Signature is trying to do I do feel it's weird that there has to be so much tweaking to get it playing without clicks and dropouts. With Moode I think I got it setup very well now but am a bit disappointed I had to tweak stuff at all. Also this device is 10 times the price of a standard Pi 3 it should be more solid not only sonically (it is great sonically) but also in user friendliness. To be honest without the help on this forum I would probably have sent it back on Monday.
Just got my USBridge Sig today. Plugged the same SD card from my other Pi into it and up and running in 3 min.

Music playing flawlessly. It’s still running in now but initial impression is very positive already. Clear SQ improvement more quiet background.

Thank you !
Got UsBridge Signature with Volumio. But moved to Moode and I like it more than Volumio.
Should I Expand file system on SDcard (I have 32gb microSd)?
Thanks
(12-26-2019, 03:34 PM)hnnaum Wrote: Got UsBridge Signature with Volumio. But moved to Moode and I like it more than Volumio.
Should I Expand file system on SDcard (I have 32gb microSd)?
Thanks

If you do not get any errors linked to 'lack of space' there's no reason to expand the file system.
I wonder if we need an option to expand the filesystem to a set size ??

Currently if we don't expand then version updates fail due to lack of space.... but if we do expand then major system re-imaging will wipe the saved music in the full sd expanded card ..

Tim?   Big Grin

Submitted as feature request...:-)

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...3#pid15443
----------
bob
(12-15-2019, 03:25 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 03:34 PM)franz159 Wrote: Hi, has anyone seen tested DSD with USBridge Signature?
I have read about reproduction issues with DSD on another couple of forums I follow.

Can you post the links to these forums that talk about the DSD reproduction issues?

Apologies for the late answer....
One link is this
https://melius.club/topic/299722-allo-us...nt=6569820
it is an Italian forum, the translation of this post is something like this:

"Intrigued, I took it, but I'm not happy about it. Apart from the fact of not providing Wi-Fi connections (if not with the USB adapter and with all the problems it entails), even using it wired, it manages connections very poorly (in my opinion). The DSD files are unlistenable because they are interrupted continuously, where, attached to the same cable, a raspberry 3+ manages them without problems. I tried with both Moode and Volumio ... same result. As for the sonic aspect, I could not say much because those aforementioned problems made me nervous and, for a while, I put it aside."

I asked the forumer if he wants to join here and provide some more details (eg Moode version he used, example DSD files...etc)
(12-14-2019, 03:34 PM)franz159 Wrote: Hi, has anyone seen tested DSD with USBridge Signature?
I have read about reproduction issues with DSD on another couple of forums I follow.

Can you post the links to these forums that talk about the DSD reproduction issues?

And this is another post, again from an (another) Italian forum:
http://www.hifilibre.it/forum/viewtopic....=10#p25085
Translation:
"Ok let me give you an update, i hope not to break :lol:
on the question of DSD blockages and also discharges and various noises not only on DSD that in fact had become unbearable (please don't ask yourself the question ..... but before .. what were you listening to? Smile)
I practically disassembled and reassembled the system, also replacing every possible cause ... cables, amps, sockets ....
and also software from Volumio to MoOde and DietPi with Roon and the noises and blockages remained
Then, considering that the USBridge Sig mounts a Raspberry even if the Zero version, I loaded it Ropieee
and by magic all the noises and the blocks ... gone  Smile
What to say?  Now it seems fine. Then you can always ask yourself how it could happen and if at Allo they didn't notice :
Meanwhile ok like this Big Grin"

I asked the forumer if he wants to join here and provide some more details about what version of Moode he tried...etc
(12-27-2019, 08:10 AM)franz159 Wrote:

Apologies for the late answer....
One link is this
https://melius.club/topic/299722-allo-us...nt=6569820
it is an Italian forum, the translation of this post is something like this:

"Intrigued, I took it, but I'm not happy about it. Apart from the fact of not providing Wi-Fi connections (if not with the USB adapter and with all the problems it entails), even using it wired, it manages connections very poorly (in my opinion). The DSD files are unlistenable because they are interrupted continuously, where, attached to the same cable, a raspberry 3+ manages them without problems. I tried with both Moode and Volumio ... same result. As for the sonic aspect, I could not say much because those aforementioned problems made me nervous and, for a while, I put it aside."

I asked the forumer if he wants to join here and provide some more details (eg Moode version he used, example DSD files...etc)

Thats a classic example of a post that essentially says "It doesn't work" or in this case a bunch of things don't work  without providing any information on how to reproduce the issues so they can potentially be debugged.

DSD64 and 128 play perfectly on my SIG + Katana in either DoP or DSD to PCM on-the-fly conversion.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
One thing I noticed is that the quoted poster was using Roon as their source (hence Ropieee as an alternative). Nothing is said about playing DSD tracks from local or NAS storage.

Roon has been a problematic factor in other threads too.

I'm just saying....

Regards,
Kent
The Roon situation is odd because they apparently added support for Squeezelite as an endpoint but then don't provide any troubleshooting or support for customers that choose to use it.

We certainly can't troubleshoot Roon + Squeezelite and we don't bundle the Roon Brodge endpoint in moOde because it's illegal to do so according to its license, therefore we can't support or troubleshoot Roon + its native endpoint.

If Roon Bridge license is changed to FOSS compatible license then we could add it to moOde.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub