Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Allo USBridge Signature
(08-15-2020, 04:32 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: No issues on my end with 6.7.1 + SIG and either an Allo Katana or Allo Revolution DAC.

What DAC are you using?

Hello Tim,

I am using ony USB sig directly feeding topping dx7 dac, I don't have any additional hat like digi one signature etc -USB output only. As far as I remember I could not choose USB output in audio options in newer ver. Of moode. 
When using ver 6.4.0 I can choose USB audio output.

Pawel
Tim,
 I could only choose options " on-bard audio device" or "hdmi output" I could not choose "USB audio device" in MPD audio config.
SO I Got back to ver 6.4.0 to be able to stream music.

Pawel
The 6.7.1 version of moOde would look like below on the MPD Config screen. Your Topping DAC should be in the list but I don't know what name it would be using.

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim,

Double good news! I have installed mo0de 6.7.1 and I can see my dac in mpd audio config, and it sounds great!
I was also able to make my wifi usb adapter work with the pi and with mo0de!

Now everything is setup and I can Focus on Enjoying the music as you advised Smile

Thank You Kindly for your help!
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to boot the Allo USBBridge with an USB Stick ? I checked that the CM3+ Lite module was able to boot using USB but none of my trials succeeded : I tried all USB connectors from the USBBridge and I could see that there was no LED activity.

Thank you in advance for your support.
Hi everyone,

Just to inform you that I eventually got the answer to my question: I typed "MOODEUTL - L" in a SSH session, and I could read in the log "USB boot not available"... So it is clear that the Allo USBBridge does not offer USB Boot: it is a pity because it would ahev been a good way to avoid any data loss or corruption.
@pkdick

I suggest you read the long Raspberry Pi Forum thread Booting from USB using CM3+.

With that, I've exhausted my knowledge of the subject.

Rather than continuing the present thread, you probably should discuss the feature directly with Allo since they are the developer/vendor of the USBridge Signature.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

Thank for your advice. I will try to contact Allo.

Best regards,
I have Moode 6.7.1 running perfectly on my Allo USBridge Signature Player right now.  I did check Allo's website and under this link:

http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/USBridgeSig/

they have a folder for their latest kernel dated 9-06-2020 in a folder named rpi-usbs-5.4.61-v8+/

So this is a newb question, but is that kernel (.ko) file some sort of firmware/software bundle that I can load to update the raspberry pi with, then afterwards reinstall the latest version of Moode or does Moode already include all that stuff.

Basically what I'm asking is would the link in the Allo site essentially be a firmware update and would Moode be a software update that is loaded after that?  I just want to make sure I'm running the latest Allo firmware, but I don't know if there is even such a thing as 'Allo firmware' or if its all just Raspberry Pi firmware that is loaded at the same time as Moode is loaded.
The .ko file is the custom driver for the ASIX USB/Ethernet chip on the SIG. The driver file is compiled by Allo and is kernel-specific. moOde 6.7.1 runs kernel 5.4.61 and includes the correct ASIX driver file.

When moOde 7 is released it may be based on a newer Linux kernel and in that case it will include the ASIX driver file compiled for that kernel.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub