Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Shared USB HDD with videos
Hi to everyone!

This is a simple question (sorry if it's repeated): I have a USB HDD that shares music (mostly flacs), videos and epub files, everything in different subfolders. How can I do to avoid the "unknown" item in the library (that scans the rest of content the hdd). Is there a way to specify where the "music" library is located?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-20-2018, 05:13 PM)gabmartini Wrote: Hi to everyone!

This is a simple question (sorry if it's repeated): I have a USB HDD that shares music (mostly flacs), videos and epub files, everything in different subfolders. How can I do to avoid the "unknown" item in the library (that scans the rest of content the hdd). Is there a way to specify where the "music" library is located?

Thanks in advance!

simply specify only folder with music content on your NAS and not whole disk

Example 
192.168.x.x/NAS/music
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
Hi! Thanks for the reply.

I can't. I haven't specified any NAS source, it's taking the HDD as a USB and scan it completely.
(05-20-2018, 05:46 PM)gabmartini Wrote: Hi! Thanks for the reply.

I can't. I haven't specified any NAS source, it's taking the HDD as a USB and scan it completely.

Sorry, but I don't understand. Why you can not do it???
You can specify what ever path you like
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(05-20-2018, 05:13 PM)gabmartini Wrote: Hi to everyone!

Thanks in advance!

@gabmartini

From the mpd docs (https://www.musicpd.org/doc/user/music_d...abase.html)

Quote:To exclude a file from the update, create a file called .mpdignore in its parent directory. Each line of that file may contain a list of shell wildcards. Matching files in the current directory and all subdirectories are excluded.

Tedious but doable.

Regards,
Kent
That did the trick! Thanks @TheOldPresbyope

Just do:

Quote:echo "*" > </path/to/directory/to/be/ignored/>.mpdignore

Source

Thanks to all!