Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: AP mode and settings problem
Hi all, 

I'm using volumio for years and 2 weeks ago , I bought another raspberry pi 2b and try to install moode audio. 
I follow the main page " support" guide and install using ssh seems smooth and i " moslog" to check on the fly. 

after I finished installation, moode.local/ can access into it without problem. here's my question: 

1) everytime I set something and press "apply" button , it hang in there forever, I need to restart the RPi again . 

2) AP mode not working, ( ethernet cable unplugged) i set country to Singapore which is my location now. and also try USA etc. no luck.

3) can't detect my USB thumb drive, even updated MPD ( again, press update and wait forever, need to restart) 

I use EDUP N8508GS USB wifi dongle with realtek RTL8188 chip set. in network settings, I scan and get some nearby network , thats means the Wifi are suppose to function . I select AP mode. 

I have been searching for solutions and experimenting for hours per day, since last week, without getting it to work . 

I re-install latest volumio and it works flawlessly, and hotspot 
(AP mode )  works too. 

since I'm a newbie here, and I have very very limited raspberry ( software ) knowledge,  can someone please help me to solve this, please? 

Thanks in advance.
If the symptom "everytime I set something and press "apply" button , it hang in there forever, I need to restart the RPi again" is occurring when connected via Ethernet then it suggests a broken Build.

What method did you use to Build moOde 4.1?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-07-2018, 05:58 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If the symptom "everytime I set something and press "apply" button , it hang in there forever, I need to restart the RPi again" is occurring when connected via Ethernet then it suggests a broken Build.

What method did you use to Build moOde 4.1?

-Tim

Hi Tim,  
I follow the step mentioned here, http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=146

the first try was raspbian stretch lite 2018-03-13  , but after I read the forum , I download the latest 2018-4-18 version of raspbian stretch lite. 
I put empty ssh file into the root and connect via ethernet, and open terminal ( I'm using MAC ) for ssh .
both old and new version having the same problem. 

I will try to start all over again and see if it works for me, but please let me know if the version I'm using are wrong. 

Thanks !
Either version will work. Mosbrief output from a perfect run of the the build looks like below. I use a second USB-SDCard to make part 1 of the Build and then run part 2 on an Ethernet connected Pi.

pi@rp1:~ $ mosbrief
// STEP 2 - Expand the root partition to 3GB
// STEP 3A - Install core packages
// STEP 3B - Install core packages
// STEP 4 - Install enhanced networking
** Compile bluez
** Compile bluez-alsa
// STEP 5 - Install Rotary encoder driver
** Compile WiringPi
** Compile rotary encoder driver
// STEP 6 - Compile and install MPD
// STEP 7 - Create moOde runtime environment
// STEP 8 - Install moOde sources and configs
// STEP 9 - Alsaequal
** STEP 10 - Squashfs option not selected
// STEP 11 - Optionally, install updated Linux Kernel
// STEP 12 - Launch and configure moOde!
// STEP 13 - Final prep for image
// COMPONENT 1 - MiniDLNA
// COMPONENT 2 - Auto-shuffle
// COMPONENT 3 - MPD Audio Scrobbler
// COMPONENT 4 - Shairport-sync
// COMPONENT 5 - Squeezelite
// COMPONENT 6 - Upmpdcli
** Compile Libupnp jfd5
** Compile Libupnpp
** Compile Upmpdcli
** Compile Upexplorer
// COMPONENT 7 - Optionally install gmusicapi
// COMPONENT 8 - Local UI display
// COMPONENT 9 - Allo Piano 2.1 Firmware
// END
pi@rp1:~ $

You could also have multiple occurrences of the errors below and as long as you reboot the Build eventually continues to completion and you will end up with a clean Build.

** Error: image build exited
** Error: reboot to resume the build

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim , 

Thanks for your reply. I will try again using second SD card method and check with the mosbrief to make sure everything is in order. TQ.
Hi BigBuld

Since you ssh to the PI2B you can also monitor the installation as follows with many details,, there are multiply reboots during the process
I also have Volumio running but prefer Moode right now, im very new using it and looks really good has a lot of good audio features to explore.

TRY to monitor , you will be kick out but you can re-ssh and monitor the progress
My first intallation last was 29 may.. took 1hr 33 minutes..you need to be patient.

cd
tail -f mosbuild.log

There are 10 reboots i think

pi@moode:~ $ cat mosbuild.log | grep Reboot

** Reboot 1
** Reboot 2
** Reboot 3
** Reboot 4
** Reboot 5
** Reboot 7
** Reboot 8
** Reboot