Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde release 4.1
Installed on a fresh Raspbian Lite instalation. Everything working great!
I'm getting an error when I ran "sudo /var/www/command/updater.sh r40a". Please help me to resolve this error.

Code:
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/1-dbus_1.10.26-0+deb9u1_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 unable to clean up mess surrounding './usr/share/bug/dbus/control' before installing another version: Read-only file system
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/dbus.conf': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-uuidgen': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-update-activation-environment': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-send': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-run-session': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-monitor': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-daemon': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-cleanup-sockets': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/lib/systemd/system/dbus.socket': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/lib/systemd/system/dbus.service': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of '/etc/init.d/dbus': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of '/etc/default/dbus': Read-only file system
 unable to securely remove '/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci': Read-only file system
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/2-libdbus-1-3_1.10.26-0+deb9u1_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/2-libdbus-1-3_1.10.26-0+deb9u1_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/3-libapparmor1_2.11.0-3+deb9u2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/3-libapparmor1_2.11.0-3+deb9u2_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/4-systemd-sysv_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/4-systemd-sysv_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/5-libpam-systemd_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/5-libpam-systemd_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/6-libsystemd-dev_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/6-libsystemd-dev_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/7-libudev-dev_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/7-libudev-dev_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/8-libsystemd0_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/8-libsystemd0_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error: unable to create new file '/var/lib/dpkg/status-new': Read-only file system
E: Unable to read /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB - opendir (2: No such file or directory)
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - pkgDPkgPM::Go (30: Read-only file system)
** Package upgrade failed
** Exiting update
/var/www/command/updater.sh: line 35: /bin/rm: Input/output error
/var/www/command/updater.sh: line 37: /usr/bin/wget: Input/output error
Update installed, REBOOT required
(04-08-2018, 09:28 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The error suggests DNS resolve issue. What are the entries on the Network config screen?

Now I give up, I was installa fresh Raspbian and after it, not possible to access the PI from putty.... someting wrong on the Rasbian may be?!
Sorry, I suspect this question will cause a few groans from the more proficient users of moOde!

I have a headless Version 4.0 player using a RPi version 3B and HiFiBerry Digi Plus 3 connected to an AudioLab M-DAC. The player has been built into a custom case and I don't have access to a display or keyboard for the Pi.

There used to be downloadable ISO image file you could simply burn onto an SD card and you were good to go. It appears we need to either compile or assemble a load of code before a new build image can be produced.

As I use the latest version of Linux Mint (18.3) on my workstation as my daily OS, I have no problem burning images using Mint's USB Image Writer app. But I guess I can't just download an ISO create the image. how do I get to the point of burning an image without access to Pi with a keyboard and display - is there a way to get hold of the 4.1 ISO images as before, such as on V4.0?
I have built 4.1 on Pi3B+ without problems. I noticed few things :

1. I  am missing the buttons backward, pause-play, forwad at the top in browse and library view. Before it was possible for me to choose and play album and without going to "playback" i could go to next track, pause, stop  etc.

2. Also a small circle at the top-right dissappeared (when using android phone), it was pointing directly to play view with volume etc. On my phone or tablet i have to touch "playback", i am in the playlist view, and i have to scroll down to get the playback view with "playbackknob". When the playlist is long, than i have to scroll a lot to get the "playbackknob", before "playbackknob" view was over first track of the playlist, easier to reach.

3. I noticed also, that the response of the round "playbackknob" is strange. I tried it in browser in computer, it works very well, but on my phone and tablet  when i want to go forward inside one loooong track, than often it is not possible to do it, there is just no response, when i am touching it, i didn't have this kind of problems with 3.8 and 4.05b.

Is there any chance to get the buttons and a small circle pointing to "playbackknob"  back ?

Thanks to all developpers for Your great work Smile
Hi
Here a short report:
According to my experience it seems to be crucial to use a 'virgin', not too cheap SD-card.
In my case ( cheap card ) it was necessary to do a full format. Quick formatting caused errors during the build-process. Even then I had to resume once due to an error. But then all went well....
(04-09-2018, 03:06 AM)kwatch Wrote: I'm getting an error when I ran "sudo /var/www/command/updater.sh r40a". Please help me to resolve this error.

Code:
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/1-dbus_1.10.26-0+deb9u1_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 unable to clean up mess surrounding './usr/share/bug/dbus/control' before installing another version: Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/dbus.conf': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-uuidgen': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-update-activation-environment': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-send': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-run-session': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-monitor': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-daemon': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/usr/bin/dbus-cleanup-sockets': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/lib/systemd/system/dbus.socket': Read-only file system
 unable to restore backup version of '/lib/systemd/system/dbus.service': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of '/etc/init.d/dbus': Read-only file system
 unable to remove newly-extracted version of '/etc/default/dbus': Read-only file system
 unable to securely remove '/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci': Read-only file system
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/2-libdbus-1-3_1.10.26-0+deb9u1_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/2-libdbus-1-3_1.10.26-0+deb9u1_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/3-libapparmor1_2.11.0-3+deb9u2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/3-libapparmor1_2.11.0-3+deb9u2_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/4-systemd-sysv_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/4-systemd-sysv_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/5-libpam-systemd_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/5-libpam-systemd_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/6-libsystemd-dev_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/6-libsystemd-dev_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/7-libudev-dev_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/7-libudev-dev_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/8-libsystemd0_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 cannot access archive '/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB/8-libsystemd0_232-25+deb9u2_armhf.deb': No such file or directory
dpkg: error: unable to create new file '/var/lib/dpkg/status-new': Read-only file system
E: Unable to read /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-tUqDDB - opendir (2: No such file or directory)
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - pkgDPkgPM::Go (30: Read-only file system)
** Package upgrade failed
** Exiting update
/var/www/command/updater.sh: line 35: /bin/rm: Input/output error
/var/www/command/updater.sh: line 37: /usr/bin/wget: Input/output error
Update installed, REBOOT required

Advise for your next posts
Please use code tags when you post output from logs or any code. This helps keep our forum clean and tidy, easier to read for others.

[Image: W6Kq1s.jpg]

I have edited your original post.
Thanks
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
Installed MoOde 4.1 without a hitch, again, thanks Tim! (Donation made)

I've noticed that since upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1 I'm getting over modulation  and distortion with upper bass. My setup is Rpi3, MoOde 4, USB to Arcam rPac (DAC), Primare i30 amp and Proac Studio 148's..

I've disabled volume control so its at full output..

I didn't have any audio issues at all with MoOde 4.0 but with 4.1 its really noticeable, when playing tracks that are a bit 'hot' I get a nasty distortion close to clipping even at very low volume on the amp..

Any ideas guys?
(04-09-2018, 10:21 AM)zenscape Wrote: Sorry, I suspect this question will cause a few groans from the more proficient users of moOde!

I have a headless Version 4.0 player using a RPi version 3B and HiFiBerry Digi Plus 3 connected to an AudioLab M-DAC. The player has been built into a custom case and I don't have access to a display or keyboard for the Pi.

There used to be downloadable ISO image file you could simply burn onto an SD card and you were good to go. It appears we need to either compile or assemble a load of code before a new build image can be produced.

As I use the latest version of Linux Mint (18.3) on my workstation as my daily OS, I have no problem burning images using Mint's USB Image Writer app. But I guess I can't just download an ISO create the image. how do I get to the point of burning an image without access to Pi with a keyboard and display - is there a way to get hold of the 4.1 ISO images as before, such as on V4.0?

Moode now is FOSS to avoid complex (or at least time consuming) licensing requirements. This means you must build the image yourself. However the wonderful people of the moode project have made an image builder. You will need to burn a raspbian image to you sd card, boot your pi, login to pi from your workstation using ssh (google is your friend here) and use the mosbuild image builder script. 
https://github.com/moode-player/mosbuild

All this information was obtainable from the moode website and the github page.
(04-09-2018, 02:25 PM)FizzyTea Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 10:21 AM)zenscape Wrote: Sorry, I suspect this question will cause a few groans from the more proficient users of moOde!

Moode now is FOSS to avoid complex licensing requirements. This means you must build the image yourself. However the wonderful people of the moode project have made an image builder. You will need to burn a raspbian image to you sd card, boot your pi, login using ssh (google is your friend here) and use the mosbuild image builder script. 
https://github.com/moode-player/mosbuild

All this information was obtainable from the moode website and the github page.