Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Moode find my Nas but not the library
@romain64

The first screen capture in your post # suggests you are now trying all sorts of source config options with spurious colon and/or port number, an extra forward slash, or a subdirectory of the exported directory. Predictably, all these fail.

It was my understanding that you were using NFS to export the directory "/volume1/Music" so in the moOde Source config, you should manually enter "192.168.0.18/volume1/Music" (or whatever the directory actually is) as you had in your first post. Once you get the green checkmark again you can try the commands @vinnn suggested.

Regards,
Kent
I think the path has to have a colon ??
"192.168.0.18:/volume1/Music"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-22-2020, 04:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I think the path has to have a colon ??
"192.168.0.18:/volume1/Music"

I don't have time to walk the code but I resurrected my virtual Synology NAS a bit ago. Host DS3615xs exporting  directory /volume1/Music.

I entered "DS3615xs/volume1/Music" in moOde's Source Music config and get a green checkmark.

From the command line, mount shows

Code:
DS3615xs:/volume1/Music on /mnt/NAS/DS-NFS type nfs (ro,relatime,vers=3,rsize=131072,wsize=131072,namlen=255,hard,nolock,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.1.222,mountvers=3,mountport=892,mountproto=udp,local_lock=all,addr=192.168.1.222)

Close enough for my taste.

Regards,
Kent
Works for me.
Enjoy the Music!
But I tested on a beta r6.5.0, not the OP's r6.2.1.

I still think he should try mounting the Samba share since he's apparently already enabled it.

Regards,
Kent
(04-22-2020, 04:43 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Works for me.

I tested all the command and I have the green checkmark. after I update mpd but the folder Music doesn't appear.
I think  it comes from sinology DS 218 play and den 6.2

Do you think it 's possible to use smb and not NFS? because with my iPhone when  I used app folder I can't play the song . And in support apple, there says: folderol ios13 use smb protocole.???
The symptom "share mounts successfully but MPD update finds no music files" is almost always indicative of permission issues on the NAS. Switching to Samba prolly won't make a diff but its worth a try.
Enjoy the Music!
(04-22-2020, 04:55 PM)romain64 Wrote:

I tested all the command and I have the green checkmark. after I update mpd but the folder Music doesn't appear.

Do you think it 's possible to use smb and not NFS? because with my iPhone when  I used app folder I can't play the song . And in support apple, there says: folderol ios13 use smb protocole.???

when I use smb(service folder I don't check Nfs just smb) and i have a red X . 
I send the errors.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-22-2020, 05:02 PM)romain64 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 04:55 PM)romain64 Wrote:

when I use smb(service folder I don't check Nfs just smb) and i have a red X . 
I send the errors.

Hello, I just read the following post: Ghezo art: NAS mounted volume not visible in library. Would it be the same problem for me?
Not the same problem but ultimately the same fix. Create your NFS share correctly and mount/connect to it in Moode, the issue still seems to be how you've setup your NFS share and not a problem relating to Moode or your Raspberry Pi.
My test with the find command showed that the share/export was mounted and accessible but it looks like you've changed it again so it now doesn't work.
  • Create your NFS share, include an all_squash in the export options so that all users can read/write files as the owner of the files.
  • Mount the NFS share in Moode
  • Update your library/mpd database, if there are tagged audio files on the share and they're readable by the mpd user they'll be imported into mpd's database.