Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

new problem with upmpdcli Tidal plugin
(05-18-2020, 12:25 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 12:18 PM)mancio61 Wrote: I simply copied the __init__.py script in the right folder, reboot... and it works perfectly! Now I'm able to use the upmpdcli library in Moode to autenticate TIDAL. Mae a test with Linn app and now I'm able to see all the TIDAL contents below the MoodeUPNP folder.
SOLVED !!!

You beat me to it by minutes. Can confirm that the two-line modification to __init__.py is sufficient to make the current upmpdcli v1.2.16 work with Tidal.

Regards,
Kent

[clarification: by 'current' I meant the version of upmpdcli in current moOde 6.5.2]

..and I suppose that the newly version of upmpdcli will be part of the next Moode release.. isn't it ?
That's not my call but I'd think it must be on the TODO list.

The question always is, what are the unintended consequences of bumping the version. I know I haven't tested all the updated and outright new features.

It would be easy if we were dealing with a simple executable. Then we could play the same user-selection game as you have with MPD. With upmpdcli, on the other hand, we have a slew of different versions of python modules to deal with. 

Regards,
Kent
(05-18-2020, 08:30 AM)jonners Wrote: @kris_jag

Have you tried following vinnn's instructions for Bubble in post #15?

No, not yet. It could be some workaround, but I would much prefer to use MoOde also as (Tidal's) library server and use Bubble just to set the playlist, remote control but not worrying, whether phone has constant connection to Wi-Fi, is switched on.

(05-18-2020, 12:18 PM)mancio61 Wrote: I simply copied the __init__.py script in the right folder, reboot... and it works perfectly! Now I'm able to use the upmpdcli library in Moode to autenticate TIDAL. Mae a test with Linn app and now I'm able to see all the TIDAL contents below the MoodeUPNP folder.
SOLVED !!!

Hi @mancio61,
Did you mean file from link: https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli/-/...t__.py#L63? Dii yo not made any changes in line 63 (self.api_token) - not puted your own token?

(05-18-2020, 12:25 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: You beat me to it by minutes. Can confirm that the two-line modification to __init__.py is sufficient to make the current upmpdcli v1.2.16 work with Tidal.

Regards,
Kent

[clarification: by 'current' I meant the version of upmpdcli in current moOde 6.5.2]

Hi @TheOldPresbyope,
Could you please indicate, what exactly "the two-line modification to __init__.py" should be made? Line 63? Others?

Thanks for help,
Krzysiek
Hi @kris_jag ,
No changes in any file.
I simply download the whole source of version 1.14.10 from here https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/downloads/. Inside you can find the proper __init__.py file (there's one for TIDAL and one also for Qobuz). Then it's enough to copy these files in the proper folder on the RPi, reboot and ... voilà !
So the two choices are

1) edit two lines in the existing /usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/__init__.py file

lines 62/63 currently read

Code:
       self.api_location = 'https://api.tidal.com/v1/'
       self.api_token = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

As root, use your favorite editor (for example, sudo vi __init__.py) to change these lines to read

Code:
       self.api_location = 'https://api.tidalhifi.com/v1/'
       self.api_token = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Save the file and reboot.

or

2) download the corresponding __init__.py file from JFD's repo and, as root, copy it to the same directory /usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi. I'd first save the existing file just in case.

Regards,
Kent
Hi @mancio61
Thanks for link, I will try!
Thanks @TheOldPresbyope for this guide!
I hope one of these solutions will fix it Smile
(05-18-2020, 02:30 PM)kris_jag Wrote: Thanks @TheOldPresbyope for this guide!
I hope one of these solutions will fix it Smile

Thanks to all. I can now use Linn Kazoo again with Tidal and Moode. Smile
Until the next time you can't. Keeping up with the streaming services feels like a programmer's version of "Whack-A-Mole". Tongue
It's best not to post auth tokens here :-0
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub