Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

new problem with upmpdcli Tidal plugin
(05-18-2020, 05:22 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's best not to post auth tokens here :-0

I thought about that but it's in the public upmpcli repository and I think JFD got it from yet another public repo so I'm not feeling too guilty.
True but that's his baby.

Even the guy that posted the git repo explaining how to use an SSL decoding packet sniffer to hack the token has obscured the one he hacked in his screen shot.

Generally speaking, Music Services tolerate hacked keys to a point until they become so widely used that it creates problems for the service. Then they start clamping down. I think the main problem today is the rampant use of stream rippers.

Even MPD has a stream ripping plugin named recorder. I have some shelved code that enables it and creates nicely tagged tracks integrated into the Library under the genre "Recordings" :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Point taken. Thanks for already editing my post.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks all for support. Method with just copying one file: __init__.py from version 1.4.10 from here https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/downloads/ (as suggested mancio61 and TheOldPresbyope) works even in my old moOde audio 4.4.
Unfortunately when I tried to change the token to one copied with the use of Fiddler (as described dcottone, but my token has 40 characters, not 16???) it did not work in my case, so at the moment I am using token from the __init__.py file (v.1.4.10).
For some reason changing just the URL did not work for me, I had to cut and paste the new URL and the token from
https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli/-/...t__.py#L63

Sorry noob googling my way through terminal really, and desperately needing my weekly dose of Mr Cave.

Does using the token from the above link mean this is going to break again soon?
Yes, of course both are necessary. The easier way for some may be to copy over the entire python module.

And, yes, as Tim has already said, it is likely that sooner or later these credentials will be rescinded too.

Regards,
Kent
Thank you everyone for the fix. I also copied the whole module over and tidal and Linn Kazoo are playing nicely again.
Hello All -
I was finally able to resolve my issues using Kazoo (preferred) with MoOde changing the token. However, the dreaded "Service login or communications failure..." has come back. Anyone have an idea how often the token is reset or where one can find the new tokens readily?

Thanks.
Marc
(05-18-2020, 05:14 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Until the next time you can't. Keeping up with the streaming services feels like a programmer's version of "Whack-A-Mole". Tongue

Yup, here we are again. Hopefully no moles were harmed en route. Rolleyes
(05-26-2020, 08:46 PM)MrMarc Wrote: Hello All -
I was finally able to resolve my issues using Kazoo (preferred) with MoOde changing the token. However, the dreaded "Service login or communications failure..." has come back. Anyone have an idea how often the token is reset or where one can find the new tokens readily?  

Thanks.
Marc

Same here, I'm guessing the token was rescinded. 

Again noob, but how would you go about getting a new token.