Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

new problem with upmpdcli Tidal plugin
I'm not techie enough to find a token myself, but if anyone is willing to PM one to me I would be grateful.

John
(05-29-2020, 09:59 AM)dcottone Wrote: Kris, as suggestion:

1) logoff from Tidal Windows app
2) start the application mentioned in my previous post
3) logon again in Tidal from Windows app
4) use the search function (Find: "X-Tidal-Token"/ Search: "Requests and responses"/ Examine: "Headers and bodies") and you will find the correct 16 characters value.

Regards
Daniele

Same outcome, 40 characters...
(05-29-2020, 08:17 AM)kris_jag Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 08:35 AM)dcottone Wrote: Hi guys, 

I don't know if this post can help, but with the method described here I was able to obtain a new token and have the upmpdcli Tidal plugin working again.

Regards

Daniele

Did someone succeeded in obtaining working token with the guide linked by @dcottone? I followed it and was able to obtain token from my Tidal Windows app, but it is 40 characters long, not 16 as token in  __init__.py and file modified with this 40 characters' token do not work...

I started that method, but then got uncomfortable with the fact that the software wanted to reconfigure my wifi proxy settings. I found another possible way, which was to use the token in (Mac OS) Library/Application Support/TIDAL/Service Worker/CacheStorage - Unfortunately there are a ton of files which co be tokens or the token. So I don't know. Ran out of time. Will try revisit over the weekend.
OK for those that don't want to use a UPnP client to stream Tidal to Moode's renderer here are a few commands that will download the umpmdcli source, get their current Tidal preview token and insert it into the appropriate file on Moode...

Login to a shell on your Pi running Moode via ssh as the user pi and run..

Code:
git clone https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli

token=$(grep self.preview.token upmpdcli/src/mediaserver/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/__init__.py | sed -e 's/.* \"//' -e 's/\" .*$//')

sudo sed -i "s/self.api_token.*/self.api_token = '$token'/" /usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/__init__.py

rm -rf upmpdcli

Restart your UPnP renderer in the web interface.
Works for me right now, if their token changes upstream you just redo this.
I'd still recommend to not use the Moode-mediaserver for Tidal right now but this should at least get those who rely on this going for the time being.

Hope that helps.
Excellent, @vinnn That works. :-)
Great @vinnn! Many thanks!

(05-29-2020, 09:10 AM)vinnn Wrote: Maybe I'm missing something but I'm still wondering why you guys aren't just using Moode as the renderer, Tidal navigation is actually better if you use BubbleUPnP's or mconnect's built-in Tidal support and don't use upmpdcli's media server for Tidal.

Of course if this upmpdcli issue is addressed in a fix/update then you can to go back to using Moode's mediaserver if you want but nothing's stopping you being able to play your Tidal library on Moode right now using the right UPnP client.

In my case - I have two phones (private and from work), sometimes (as now - listening again Tidal Smile ) I am reading/writing something on desktop computer, sometimes working at home on laptop. It is so much convenient to start playing music with my phone, then leave it somewhere not worrying, that battery saver app would kill Bubble and change music on laptop with Linn Kazoo or later in kitchen on second phone - not worrying about phone battery, Wi-Fi connection etc. Just that Smile
(05-29-2020, 09:59 AM)dcottone Wrote:

I don't know if this post can help, but with the method described here I was able to obtain a new token and have the upmpdcli Tidal plugin working again.

Regards

Daniele

Did someone succeeded in obtaining working token with the guide linked by @dcottone? I followed it and was able to obtain token from my Tidal Windows app, but it is 40 characters long, not 16 as token in  __init__.py and file modified with this 40 characters' token do not work...

Kris, as suggestion:

4) use the search function (Find: "X-Tidal-Token"/ Search: "Requests and responses"/ Examine: "Headers and bodies") and you will find the correct 16 characters value.

Regards
Daniele

Yes, it works too, @dcottone! This is even better solution because I will use my own token, which should not be revoked (I suppose at least not so fast?).
Many thanks Daniele for help!

I found 16 characters token under: 
https://et.tidal.com    /api/public/events
Miscellaneous
x-tidal-token: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Wink 
(05-29-2020, 10:22 AM)jonners Wrote: I'm not techie enough to find a token myself, but if anyone is willing to PM one to me I would be grateful.

John

PM Sent  - with a gift  Wink

-Marc
(05-29-2020, 06:58 PM)kris_jag Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 09:59 AM)dcottone Wrote:

Regards

Daniele

Kris, as suggestion:

Regards
Daniele

Yes, it works too, @dcottone! This is even better solution because I will use my own token, which should not be revoked (I suppose at least not so fast?).
Many thanks Daniele for help!

I found 16 characters token under: 
https://et.tidal.com    /api/public/events
Miscellaneous
x-tidal-token: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After some hunting,  I found it too in the location specified (didn't see the helpful post above).  Are the tokens really personalized and, presumably, tied to a userid???  In any case, I'm glad that it's working again.  I don't like the "cast" method of running Tidal - too darn inconsistent. For that I was using mConnect (trial). I'm an iPhone user and therefore don't have access to Bubble-up. I -much prefer Linn for Tidal Tidal access to MoOde. 

-Marc
(05-29-2020, 04:08 PM)vinnn Wrote: OK for those that don't want to use a UPnP client to stream Tidal to Moode's renderer here are a few commands that will download the umpmdcli source, get their current Tidal preview token and insert it into the appropriate file on Moode...

Login to a shell on your Pi running Moode via ssh as the user pi and run..

Code:
git clone https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli

token=$(grep self.preview.token upmpdcli/src/mediaserver/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/__init__.py | sed -e 's/.* \"//' -e 's/\" .*$//')

sudo sed -i "s/self.api_token.*/self.api_token = '$token'/" /usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/__init__.py

rm -rf upmpdcli

Restart your UPnP renderer in the web interface.
Works for me right now, if their token changes upstream you just redo this.
I'd still recommend to not use the Moode-mediaserver for Tidal right now but this should at least get those who rely on this going for the time being.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Vinn. This worked for me too. Please pardon my ignorance but what alternative would you propose to stream tidal?

Thanks