Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Low network bandwidth
What effect does a poor network connection to the samba music server have on Moode? Does it just refuse to play if not enough bandwidth? The reason I'm asking is because I put a new to moode player in my garage connected by a powerline ethernet adpater....Yesterday it worked fine. Today the sound is tinny, staticy, and def not right. Have rebooted to no avail. Could network bandwidth be the problem?
I use Netgear PL1200 powerline adapters in our townhouse between the cable modem/router/WiFi access point in the garage and my NAS in the rec room. I haven't suffered any performance problems.

Do you see "underrun" messages in the logs? That to me would be a signature of a (too) slow network.

Regards,
Kent
(05-21-2020, 04:40 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I use Netgear PL1200 powerline adapters in our townhouse between the cable modem/router/WiFi access point in the garage and my NAS in the rec room. I haven't suffered any performance problems.

Do you see "underrun" messages in the logs? That to me would be a signature of a (too) slow network.

Regards,
Kent

no underrun message. Further testing w a different input to the amp has revealed the amp to the problem.