Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: How to set picture in library
(07-02-2020, 11:42 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: The question in my mind is, should moOde be all things to all people---music player, music collection management system, music ripper and transcoder, yada yada yada---or should it focus on its strengths as a music player?

I, for one, prefer it stay focused. There are already a number of music collection management systems, music rippers, etc., out there, each with its strengths and weaknesses as well as each having an incredible amount of labor and time invested in their creation. We don't need to compete with them. Just my 2 cents worth.

I'm working from memory here, but ISTR that I once saw this behavior. It might have been where my tracks had only embedded coverart but the cover search priority was set to "Cover file". Or maybe not. I'll have to try repro.

Regards,
Kent
I can follow you...As a 'project' you need to set the scope.  It needs to be manageble and you can't be the best in everything.
Still if you can stand out from the rest and give some extra your community will grow and your project will grow aswell.
Look at KODI, there you can download the pictures and subtitles needed.  It has grown immensely over the years.

For me, Moode is a musicplayer...but also it manage my music collection...those 2 things go hand in hand.

My cover search priority is set to "Embedded"
I was think it might have something to do with file type and szie, but at 800X800 JPG - 224Kb  looks normal to me.
I just got an new picture which i embedded.
I have SD en HD version of this album. Embed it with foobar on the SD it took some time and you can see the progress-bar jumping file by file.  For the HD version the pr0gressbar just flies from beginning to end.

Will copy the files from my backup to the SD to see if it went well
Ummm. I did look at KODI. Its github repo has 691 contributors. The moOde github repo has 9 (which is really 1 plus a couple plus hangers-on like me). We could do a lot more too if we had 10 times as many, let alone nearly 100. But we don't so we have to stay focused. That's the reality of FOSS.

If I gain any insight into your cover issue, I'll post, otherwise, "over and out."

Regards,
Kent
(07-02-2020, 10:07 AM)MrHifiTunes Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 06:02 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Look in the Moode log to see if there any errors from the Thumbnail generator

Code:
moodeutl -l

You should see something like below if it ran cleanly.

Code:
20200701 140044 worker: Job update_library
20200701 140044 thmcache: Start
20200701 140044 thmcache: Scanning: NAS, SDCARD, UPNP
20200701 140053 thmcache: Done: 353 album dirs processed
20200701 140108 worker: Job update_library done
I ran the moodeutl- l command.  Everything looks OK  except this 

Code:
20200702 115522 worker: -- Music sources
20200702 115522 worker: USB source (Music)
20200702 115522 worker: USB source (Music_)
20200702 115522 worker: USB source (Music__)
20200702 115533 sourceMount(): Mount error: (mount error(115): Operation now in                   progress

I have 2 partitions on the SD :  FAT32 for boot ;  NTFS for Music.  See previous post here

I can not find my music on the SD.  In the menu its under USB.   Music folder = Music__  while In windows I see it under <drive>:/Music

Your log output indicates there is lot of breakage. I'd suggest starting with a fresh 6.5.2 images and then format a USB stick as a single partition in VFAT (Fat32) format. Copy some albums to it and then do the following:

1. Plug in USB stick
2. Menu, Update library

Then examine the Moode log to verify that the database update completed successfully and that the thumbnail generator ran successfully.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Still not getting there.  Don't know what is wrong with the pictures.
Checking in foobar, all seems OK.

I think I find some other problems 

- Sometimes it show the back cover, sometimes the front cover.  It seems not everywhere they pick up the picture from the same location.
In some folders I have :  pic.jpg ; pic-back.jpg and also pictures embedded.   (prio = embedded)
Album by artist shows back cover when playing song shows front cover

- my screen is 1366 x 768.  The playing-bar at the bottom, is shown on top of the other windows so I can't see the last songs from the list.
(07-01-2020, 01:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Most users spend a lot of time on their collection. Whatever images you add remain in your file system. moOde just reads them.

Try using the AlbumArtist tag to group things.

Tim,

Can you enlighten me where the pictures are taken from and how they are shown?

I have folders by artist (containing artist.jpg file)  with sub folders for each album (containing folder.jpg or cover.jpg or front.jpg)
Some FLAC have covers embedded.

In settings i have priority on embedded

Is this a good setup to retrieve the pictures correctly?
I can't find any information from the FAQ about this.
(07-04-2020, 11:06 AM)MrHifiTunes Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 01:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Most users spend a lot of time on their collection. Whatever images you add remain in your file system. moOde just reads them.

Try using the AlbumArtist tag to group things.

Tim,

Can you enlighten me where the pictures are taken from and how they are shown?

I have folders by artist (containing artist.jpg file)  with sub folders for each album (containing folder.jpg or cover.jpg or front.jpg)
Some FLAC have covers embedded.

In settings i have priority on embedded

Is this a good setup to retrieve the pictures correctly?
I can't find any information from the FAQ about this.

Ho MrHifi,
i've just finished to re-order all my collection (thanks Kent for your support..) and Tim is right, Moode takes many time to have excellent results, have patience ;-)
For my experience, have one folder for many albums of same artist it's not the best choice, for my hopinion i repeat..
Some folders showed regularly all the album's covers inside but some folders not, probably for incorrect tags, my suggestion is to catalog singularly the albums contained in one folder, and the check (update library).
Another things is to check that cover images are nominated cover.jpeg, that's fix the most issues with cover appareance.
In many folders it was enough to use a tag program (in my case TagsScanner), select all tracks in an album, add cover, set the album title and artist, after that in 99% of cases all was right.
I hope that it helps you, have a nie day
Marco