Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.6.0 support thread
(07-11-2020, 10:07 PM)Hiroshi Aiko Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 12:08 PM)jonners Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 12:03 PM)bravem01 Wrote: I am unable to select usb audio in 6.6. I have tried with a prevously working 6.5.2 using the upgrade route and also with a fresh install of 6.6. Moode appears to work visually but with no sound. Regards to the team for this usually great development.

USB DAC playing OK here in 6.6. Which DAC are you using?

Hi, I have the same issue.  After upgrading to 6.6.0 lost USB audio to work. Fresh installation did not resolve the issue.

I have slightly dig into and found that ALSA proc tree has been changed between 6.5.2  and 6.6.0. It seems this is causing USB audio unable to use when HDMI (w/audio support) is connected (during boot?). I'm not checking the details but believe ALSA drivers are updated and this causes the difference ... see below.

I am using Topping D50s device on Pi-4B v1.2 4GB, enabling HDMI local display and connecting to the display that has audio capability.

For moOde 6.5.2,  # sudo cat /proc/asond/cards shows below list. HDMI device is not listed as audio device.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
pi@moode:~ $ sudo cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [ALSA           ]: bcm2835_alsa - bcm2835 ALSA
                      bcm2835 ALSA
 1 [D50s           ]: USB-Audio - D50s
                      Topping D50s at usb-0000:01:00.0-1.4, high speed 
then, moOde shows On-board audio and USB audio as Device type on mpd-config.php

For moOde 6.6.0, lists HDMI display as audio device on default thus the list is changing below.
pi@moode:~ $ sudo cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [b1             ]: bcm2835_hdmi - bcm2835 HDMI
                      bcm2835 HDMI 1
 1 [Headphones     ]: bcm2835_headphonbcm2835 Headphones - bcm2835 Headphones
                      bcm2835 Headphones
 2 [D50s           ]: USB-Audio - D50s
then, moOde shows nothing as Device type on mpd-config.php (=USB Audio doesn't work).

As far as I have glanced the code on moOde,  getDeviceNames() in inc/playerlib.php seems to expect card0 is on-board then card1 is USB-Audio (and only checking these 2 cards) thus seems to go to malfunction when is fed the list on 6.6.0 above.

I cannot check all the combination of audio devices but if this matches to the phoenomenon that bravem01 is experiencing, just removing HDMI display on the boot will restore USB-Audio to work (can select on mpd config screen), I believe. (but also believe this behavior is not an expected, at least for me).

Hope this will clarify the issue...

Best regards,
Hiroshi Aiko.

Thanks for the detailed analysis and yes this is a problem :-0

The Pi devs made changes to allow the dual HDMI ports on the 4 to have their own ALSA device names/cards which is a good thing but it means that the once stable card1 = "USB Audio device" no longer holds. 

It may take me some time to develop a solution.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-11-2020, 08:19 AM)Klausi69 Wrote: Really impressive. Very smooth. The only thing is that my old iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.5 doesn't show radio library again. Many elements are missing. Cleaning cache and reboot didn't help.

Did it work with 6.5? iOS 9 is sufficiently old enough that the version of Safari it uses is missing some key web features and unfortunately there’s no way to just update the browser.

I do feel like a moode browser is a really good use case for an old tablet though so you might try loading 6.6 with the browser’s console window showing and if there are any errors post the output (in a code box, it’s the little icon on the top right with <>) and we might be able to work around whatever javascript isn’t supported.
(07-12-2020, 01:03 AM)vinnn Wrote: USB output is working fine for me on a Pi 3B+ to a Topping D50s if that helps..

One issue I've noticed is now in Tag view on my phone in portrait orientation the quick-scroll letters from the different columns are shmushed on top of each other in between the Artists and Albums columns. Same in Firefox, Chrome and Samsung Internet browsers.
Landscape is fine as is portrait orientation on a larger tablet screen and on desktop browsers, screenshots attached.

I can repro. It's a bug in the CSS :-0
Enjoy the Music!
(07-10-2020, 09:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Post all bug reports for moOde 6.6.0 or moOde 6.5.2 -> 6.6.0 in-place update in this thread. Please paste log output, scripts, etc in code boxes for readability.

-Tim

Hi! Just installed a fresh ISO update 6.6.0 to my Allo USBridge Signature. Everything seemed OK except for MPD Config Edit not showing any menu options to select Device Type. The drop-down menu doesn't come up, so I cannot select my USB DAC (an SMSL M500). So, I reverted back to 6.5.2 which is working fine. This time I tried the install in-place to update. Waited patiently while monitoring progress through SSH. The update process completed successfully. However the same issue presented itself... No drop-down option to select the USB device in MPD Config. I went back to 6.5.2 which is working perfectly and will have to remain there patiently, until a fix is in. Hopefully a quick fix will come soon as I am anxiously waiting to see the nice improvements you implemented.
(07-11-2020, 12:03 PM)bravem01 Wrote: I am unable to select usb audio in 6.6. I have tried with a prevously working 6.5.2 using the upgrade route and also with a fresh install of 6.6. Moode appears to work visually but with no sound. Regards to the team for this usually great development.

Hi, I have the same issue.  After upgrading to 6.6.0 lost USB audio to work. Fresh installation did not resolve the issue.

I have slightly dig into and found that ALSA proc tree has been changed between 6.5.2  and 6.6.0. It seems this is causing USB audio unable to use when HDMI (w/audio support) is connected (during boot?). I'm not checking the details but believe ALSA drivers are updated and this causes the difference ... see below.

I am using Topping D50s device on Pi-4B v1.2 4GB, enabling HDMI local display and connecting to the display that has audio capability.

For moOde 6.5.2,  # sudo cat /proc/asond/cards shows below list. HDMI device is not listed as audio device.
                      bcm2835 ALSA

For moOde 6.6.0, lists HDMI display as audio device on default thus the list is changing below.
                      bcm2835 HDMI 1
                      bcm2835 Headphones
then, moOde shows nothing as Device type on mpd-config.php (=USB Audio doesn't work).

As far as I have glanced the code on moOde,  getDeviceNames() in inc/playerlib.php seems to expect card0 is on-board then card1 is USB-Audio (and only checking these 2 cards) thus seems to go to malfunction when is fed the list on 6.6.0 above.

I cannot check all the combination of audio devices but if this matches to the phoenomenon that bravem01 is experiencing, just removing HDMI display on the boot will restore USB-Audio to work (can select on mpd config screen), I believe. (but also believe this behavior is not an expected, at least for me).

Best regards,
Hiroshi Aiko.

Arigato! Unplug of hdmi cable help me to connect moode to my xiangsheng da-05b by usb.
(07-11-2020, 02:19 PM)philrandal Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 01:16 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 12:56 PM)philrandal Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 12:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 11:43 AM)philrandal Wrote: So far so good, but...

BBC 320K Radio 4 shows station logo correctly in Radio List, but when you're playing, defaults to the standard Moode Logo.

BBC Radio 4 (non-320K) does as expected.

Looks like it's the same for the other BBC 320K streams.

Phil

This is a bug :-0

Will be fixed in first bug fix update :-)

Yup. found it.

Logo file is in /var/local/www/imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 4 FM.jpg

DB says images/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 4 FM.jpg

Cheers,

Phil

Try applying this stack of table updates, then reboot.

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Asian Network.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Asian Network - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 1.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 1 - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 2.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 2 - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 3.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 3 - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 4 FM.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 4 FM - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 5 live.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 5 live - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 5 live sports extra.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 5 live sports extra - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 6 music.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 6 music - 320K'"
Fab.

That fixes it.

Phil

Fixes that issue. However, I notice that on the playlist screen the bit rate (under the logo) for those BBC 320K stations is “320”, whereas for all another 320K stations It shows as “320 kbs”.
(07-12-2020, 09:28 AM)suzywong Wrote: Fixes that issue. However, I notice that on the playlist screen the bit rate (under the logo) for those BBC 320K stations is “320”, whereas for all another 320K stations It shows as “320 kbs”.

And when you look at the  Audio info...

"Decoded to: 24 bit, 48 kHz, Stereo,"

(07-12-2020, 08:16 AM)ganjor86 Wrote:

bcm2835 ALSA

bcm2835 HDMI 1
                      bcm2835 Headphones

Best regards,
Hiroshi Aiko.

Arigato! Unplug of hdmi cable help me to connect moode to my xiangsheng da-05b by usb.

Worked for me too! I now can select usb. However Spectrum display on OLED is broken.
(07-12-2020, 09:28 AM)suzywong Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 02:19 PM)philrandal Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 01:16 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 12:56 PM)philrandal Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 12:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: This is a bug :-0

Will be fixed in first bug fix update :-)

Yup. found it.

Logo file is in /var/local/www/imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 4 FM.jpg

DB says images/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 4 FM.jpg

Cheers,

Phil

Try applying this stack of table updates, then reboot.

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Asian Network.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Asian Network - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 1.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 1 - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 2.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 2 - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 3.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 3 - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 4 FM.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 4 FM - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 5 live.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 5 live - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 5 live sports extra.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 5 live sports extra - 320K'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_radio SET logo='imagesw/radio-logos/BBC 320K Radio 6 music.jpg' WHERE name='BBC Radio 6 music - 320K'"
Fab.

That fixes it.

Phil

Fixes that issue. However, I notice that on the playlist screen the bit rate (under the logo) for those BBC 320K stations is “320”, whereas for all another 320K stations It shows as “320 kbs”.

Try this fix then reboot.
Code:
sudo sed -i "s/= '320'/= '320 kbps'/" /var/www/inc/playerlib.php

Print the code block after making the fix. You should see $current['bitrate'] = '320 kbps';.
Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ grep -C 3 "= '320" /var/www/inc/playerlib.php
                                }
                                # Hardcode displayed bitrate for BBC 320K stations since MPD does not seem to pick up the rate since 0.20.10
                                if (strpos($_SESSION[$song['file']]['name'], 'BBC') !== false && strpos($_SESSION[$song['file']]['name'], '320K') !== false) {
                                        $current['bitrate'] = '320 kbps';
                                }
                        }
                        else {

// Not in radio station table, use xmitted name or 'unknown'
                                $current['album'] = isset($song['Name']) ? $song['Name'] : 'Unknown station';
Enjoy the Music!
(07-12-2020, 09:39 AM)philrandal Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 09:28 AM)suzywong Wrote: Fixes that issue. However, I notice that on the playlist screen the bit rate (under the logo) for those BBC 320K stations is “320”, whereas for all another 320K stations It shows as “320 kbs”.

And when you look at the  Audio info...

"Decoded to: 24 bit, 48 kHz, Stereo,"

The bit rate represents the amount of lossy or lossless compression applied to the stream by the broadcaster. The "Decoded to" rate is the PCM sample rate output by the player CODEC for the particular audio format. Below are some examples.

- AAC CODEC outputs 16/44.1
- MP3 CODEC outputs 24/44.1
- FLAC CODEC outputs 16/44.1

I can't directly test the BBC 320K streams due to geo-fencing but the CODEC for the audio format being used which IIRC is AAC-LC must output 24/48K.

Note that what's not known in the stream information is the sample rate of the original material.
Enjoy the Music!