Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Updating Library issues
Hi all

I'm just rebuilding (new image) my MOODE after it hung on me and I have noticed when I update the library, not only is it missing a lot of "various artists" (about 500) its also listing each track of one particular album, not the actual album with the tracks in it if you get my drift. 

Even more odd, I can see it was copied over correctly just like the other, which I did en-mass and I can see it in the library Folder file as complete and intact, no issues there.

With that, I deleted it rebooted the whole thing, and then switched off and turned on again to be sure.

As this was connected to my network, I just did a cut and paste. Then updated the library. I have done this three times and same thing as above. While writing this maybe I should try a different album to upload, but my point is, all the other thousands of albums seem ok.

Is this a known issue with Moode, if anybody can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks
(07-31-2020, 11:22 AM)Lodgemoorlad Wrote: missing a lot of "various artists" (about 500) its also listing each track of one particular album, not the actual album with the tracks in it

This is usually an issue with incorrect file tags, namely the Album Artist tags aren't populated. Any digital audio player or at least the vast majority that aren't defective will honour the tagging standards like this so this is not unique to moOde.

If you have a bunch of files with different artist tags and matching album tag they'll appear as different albums by different artists if there's no common album artist tag, setting these files' Album Artist tags to Various Artists will fix your problem. Which is perfectly logical as there are many albums that have been released throughout time that have the same title.
(08-01-2020, 06:07 PM)vinnn Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 11:22 AM)Lodgemoorlad Wrote: missing a lot of "various artists" (about 500) its also listing each track of one particular album, not the actual album with the tracks in it

This is usually an issue with incorrect file tags, namely the Album Artist tags aren't populated. Any digital audio player or at least the vast majority that aren't defective will honour the tagging standards like this so this is not unique to moOde.

If you have a bunch of files with different artist tags and matching album tag they'll appear as different albums by different artists if there's no common album artist tag, setting these files' Album Artist tags to Various Artists will fix your problem. Which is perfectly logical as there are many albums that have been released throughout time that have the same title.

Thanks for the help Vinnn, That I think makes sense now its been explained, very useful to know. Thing is I can't yet find my way around MOODE can you please tell me where I can find the Album Artist tag. The closest I can see is in Appearance/library/Albumview sort order/  and that's not what you are refering to I'm sure.... FYI, The Albumview sort order is set to "Artist", the Tag sort order is set to "Artist" and compilation identifier to "Various Artist".
It's not something a setting in MoOde can fix.
The problem is with the tagging of your music files...as vinnn said.

Quote:This is usually an issue with incorrect file tags, namely the Album Artist tags aren't populated.
If you have a bunch of files with different artist tags and matching album tag they'll appear as different albums by different artists if there's no common album artist tag, setting these files' Album Artist tags to Various Artists will fix your problem.

Once you have fixed the files tagging with your favourite tag editor then MoOde will recognise the Album Artist field and the compilation identifier of"Various Artist"

bob
----------
bob
(08-01-2020, 07:28 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: It's not something a setting in MoOde can fix.
The problem is with the tagging of your music files...as vinnn said.

Quote:This is usually an issue with incorrect file tags, namely the Album Artist tags aren't populated.
If you have a bunch of files with different artist tags and matching album tag they'll appear as different albums by different artists if there's no common album artist tag, setting these files' Album Artist tags to Various Artists will fix your problem.

Once you have fixed the files tagging with your favourite tag editor then MoOde will recognise the Album Artist field and the compilation identifier of"Various Artist"

bob
Ah sorry Dronez, Yes thats clear now. What a dope, thanks again its appreciated.