Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Unclear about QUBUZ using moOde UPNP
I did read through many of the recent posts re. QOBUZ, and if I understand them correctly, it is NOT currently working using the UPNP in moOde.

Do I understand correctly? QOBUZ not functional at this time using moOde UPNP?

thanks,
LT
(10-01-2020, 07:07 PM)LtMandella Wrote: I did read through many of the recent posts re. QOBUZ, and if I understand them correctly, it is NOT currently working using the UPNP in moOde.

Do I understand correctly? QOBUZ not functional at this time using moOde UPNP?

thanks,
LT

Correct. The developer of the UPnP plugin we use, which is called upmpdcli, said this on the upmpdcli site:

Quote:2019-10-06

Qobuz access was revoked: If you were using Qobuz and it's not working any more, don't pull your hair, the Qobuz plugin stopped working (either through the Media Server or with OHCredentials). Qobuz revoked the app_id, and also deleted the API documentation on Github. If you are a hardware integrator/manufacturer using upmpdcli to support Qobuz access (I know there are some), I made a modification to the Qobuz plugin so that the app_id/secret can be stored externally instead of being embedded in the source. This means that, if you can convince Qobuz to supply you with the appropriate pair, you can easily restore function, without having to support a modified module. Of course, this supposes that the API itself does not change.

Of course you can still run a Qobuz app on some other device and stream the output to moOde in the usual ways--- Bluetooth, say, or Airplay.

Regards,
Kent
Understood, thank you for the prompt reply Kent, I appreciate it!
I wonder how piCorePlayer and Volumio support it? I guess I should go over there and ask...
You can use BubbleUPnP Server and configure an Openhome Renderer over Moode. When using your UPnP control point, such as Kazoo, you can then play Qobuz directly on Moode without the need to airplay for example.
(10-02-2020, 10:39 PM)SoundAdikt Wrote: You can use BubbleUPnP Server and configure an Openhome Renderer over Moode.  When using your UPnP control point, such as Kazoo, you can then play Qobuz directly on Moode without the need to airplay for example.

Good point.

So many choices and so little time to try them all!

Regards,
Kent
Another version of that lies in using a Qobuz compatible UPnP Control Point app such as mconnect (iOS or Android), or BubbleUPnP (Android only). Each will stream Qobuz (or Tidal) to Moode's UPnP Renderer. No those apps are not free, but they are also not expensive either.

Only the paid version of Volumio called MyVolumio offers native Qobuz streaming.
(10-02-2020, 11:42 PM)MikeyFresh Wrote: Another version of that lies in using a Qobuz compatible UPnP Control Point app such as mconnect (iOS or Android), or BubbleUPnP (Android only). Each will stream Qobuz (or Tidal) to Moode's UPnP Renderer. No those apps are not free, but they are also not expensive either.

Only the paid version of Volumio called MyVolumio offers native Qobuz streaming.

yep I have the yearly paid MyVolumio subscription.
I don't really use my smart phone much and am not very interested in using it for anything except google maps while driving.  It's an old and limited android and questionable if it would even effectively run those control point apps.
Never did get addicted to those phones...